• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is Purdy!

Comment

Damn that is one sweet ride

Comment

Yep perfect seasons and GTOs go hand in hand. They are like the Beatles song "yesterday"! Where all my troubles seem so far away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	189.3 KB ID:	44064
          WOW-W-W!!! That is one beautiful ride..I am so-o-o jealous! Now if only the Fins can finish as strong!!

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

WOW-W-W!!! That is one beautiful ride..I am so-o-o jealous! Now if only the Fins can finish as strong!!
            Well Bud, all I can tell you is if you ever decide to own a classic car, buy one that is already totally restored. it will save you a lot of time, a lot of misery, and a lot of money in the long run.

As Far as the team goes, I'm more optimistic this year than I have been in awhile, I hope it's for real this time.
            only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Well Bud, all I can tell you is if you ever decide to own a classic car, buy one that is already totally restored. it will save you a lot of time, a lot of misery, and a lot of money in the long run.

As Far as the team goes, I'm more optimistic this year than I have been in awhile, I hope it's for real this time.
              You & me both D, you & me both..I really have a good feeling about the direction this team FINALLY seems to be heading!!

As far as owning a classic, i already had my go many, many years ago..bought a restored 1965 Chevy Impala Super Sport - Pearl white & all chromed out with a red interior and a bad, bad 327 in it..Loved that car but after a few speeding tickets it threw a rod, and eventually became a money pit that i got tired of throwing money into..Ah-h-h, the good old days....

Comment

You & me both D, you & me both..I really have a good feeling about the direction this team FINALLY seems to be heading!!

As far as owning a classic, i already had my go many, many years ago..bought a restored 1965 Chevy Impala Super Sport - Pearl white & all chromed out with a red interior and a bad, bad 327 in it..Loved that car but after a few speeding tickets it threw a rod, and eventually became a money pit that i got tired of throwing money into..Ah-h-h, the good old days....
                So one and done? Come on man, this is my 6th 65 Goat.

Comment

So one and done? Come on man, this is my 6th 65 Goat.
                  Six?? That's wild..not sure what the first five turned out like but this one's sure a BEAUT!!!

I love old muscle cars, there's something majestic about 'em kind of like a beautiful woman - If i was super rich i'd probably own one of every make & model (muscle cars, not beautiful women)..But i'm no backyard mechanic, so it's not real cost effective for me to own/drive 'em...

Comment

Well to be fair two of the 65's I owned were bought as parts cars for this one. This engine came out of one of those because this one had a 350 Pontiac motor in it. My wife and I first started dating in a 65 GTO and we both loved that car. Fastest car I ever owned until now. This one I'm sure is faster since it has a lot more horsepower than the first one did but I haven't abused it yet.

Also had an 83 Trans AM with a high output 305 motor. That was a sweet ride as well, was black and gold with T tops and Cragar wheels on that one as well.

Comment

Well to be fair two of the 65's I owned were bought as parts cars for this one. This engine came out of one of those because this one had a 350 Pontiac motor in it. My wife and I first started dating in a 65 GTO and we both loved that car. Fastest car I ever owned until now. This one I'm sure is faster since it has a lot more horsepower than the first one did but I haven't abused it yet.

Also had an 83 Trans AM with a high output 305 motor. That was a sweet ride as well, was black and gold with T tops and Cragar wheels on that one as well.
                      Crazy, i almost owned the exact same Trans Am (mine was a 1982 & burgundy & gold) That was one fast ride...

Comment

Crazy, i almost owned the exact same Trans Am (mine was a 1982 & burgundy & gold) That was one fast ride...
                        Yeah, mine was a little faster than most. They found a factory defect with mine that was causing the gas to boil in the gas line causing it to develop air bubbles and caused a surging in the car. They put a blower inside the right front fender that blew cold air on the line to keep it cool. Cold gasoline supplies more gas to the carb which causes more horsepower. My cost?? Zero since it was a "Factory defect". Used to catch rubber in all 5 gears.

Comment

• gulfcoast74
                          gulfcoast74 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's called heat soaking. Which cause the gas to turn to vapors and cause engine to run lean. Ideally you want 14:1 air to fuel ratio for clean fuel burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzt4Z0w8d8

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X