X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhinPhan68 View Post
    I might have some interesting information for some of you

You do NOT need to have Directv to get their Sunday Ticket

You can simply download the Directv Sunday Ticket App and then Cast it to your tv

You can use Chromecast or a various number of other ways to watch games if they are not local to you

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en-...AY-TICKET-app-

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en-...ames-on-my-TV-

Yes it is streaming

I could be wrong but I do not think a company can prevent you from streaming

If you had a gaming system like Xbox or Blu Ray player you should be able to stream with that

Chromecast is a device you plug into the back of your tv using an HDMI port

It is plug n play and simple even for non techie ppl *$30 one time fee*
    Hey PP68, i've never heard this before; sounds very intriguing..something i'd definitely be interested in checking out. So you say, all you have to do is purchase the Chromecast device & plug it into the HDMI port, then download the Directv Sunday Ticket app & stream games to your tv??

Wonder why Directv would allow their own app to access all the games that the consumer would normally have to pay several hundreds of dollars for, and why isn't EVERYONE doing this??

Comment

Yes it is streaming

I could be wrong but I do not think a company can prevent you from streaming

If you had a gaming system like Xbox or Blu Ray player you should be able to stream with that

Chromecast is a device you plug into the back of your tv using an HDMI port

It is plug n play and simple even for non techie ppl *$30 one time fee*
      It's not that they are preventing me, it's that I'm only allowed 50 gig per month and if I go over that, then my internet slows to a crawl and isn't even worth booting up my puter.
      only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

• Dolfan1
        Dolfan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's actually slow enough as it is.

https://www.killthecablebill.com/5-w...hout-cable-tv/

GREAT info on this watching NFL with no cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

Hey PP68, i've never heard this before; sounds very intriguing..something i'd definitely be interested in checking out. So you say, all you have to do is purchase the Chromecast device & plug it into the HDMI port, then download the Directv Sunday Ticket app & stream games to your tv??

Wonder why Directv would allow their own app to access all the games that the consumer would normally have to pay several hundreds of dollars for, and why isn't EVERYONE doing this??
        Apologies

You can not just buy the Chromecast, download the app and instantly get the Sunday Ticket

You still have to pay for the Ticket, you just do not have to pay for Directv service

You pay about $200 for the Ticket

You save money cause you do not pay monthly the rest of the year

I watch football and can literally stream anything else I am interested in

Why pay for 15 Spanish stations, 11 home shopping networks channels and so on

Comment

Apologies

You can not just buy the Chromecast, download the app and instantly get the Sunday Ticket

You still have to pay for the Ticket, you just do not have to pay for Directv service

You pay about $200 for the Ticket

You save money cause you do not pay monthly the rest of the year

I watch football and can literally stream anything else I am interested in

Why pay for 15 Spanish stations, 11 home shopping networks channels and so on
          Gotcha! Sometimes i'm a little slow on the uptake and you'd figure that by now I should know that if something sounds too good to be true it's..too good to be true!

I used to get the Sunday Ticket but cancelled years ago; being a Fins fan, I figured it was a HUGE waste of money & if I wanted to flush $250 down the toilet there were better options...There was a time I wouldn't think of missing a Fins game; not anymore..these days the games I do want to watch I just go to the sports bar at the end of the street & catch 'em there...

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

Gotcha! Sometimes i'm a little slow on the uptake and you'd figure that by now I should know that if something sounds too good to be true it's..too good to be true!

I used to get the Sunday Ticket but cancelled years ago; being a Fins fan, I figured it was a HUGE waste of money & if I wanted to flush $250 down the toilet there were better options...There was a time I wouldn't think of missing a Fins game; not anymore..these days the games I do want to watch I just go to the sports bar at the end of the street & catch 'em there...
            I look at it like this

$200 to get front row seats to watch 16 Phins games comes out to be $12.50 a game

It is a fair price if you look at it that was and it is less then any bar tab I would rack up

There is no way to justify paying for 400 channels when I only watch a handful of them

Comment

I have been out of things for a few weeks. We moved back to Orlando from Indiana last week, and I'm excited to be home. Never want to move away again.

I have cut the cord. Not doing an antenna yet, as I have Netflix $15 or whatever the new price is now, Prime, for my annual cost, I am also trying Team B Streaming. So far it's pretty good except with newer shows you have to watch live as they aren't in the archives yet. But there are thousands of TV shows, movies and live TV to choose from. I have been told you can get all the NFL games because you have the regional network channels so we will see. I have also jailbroken my Amazon TV box and installed a Kodi build, so I can pretty much find anything there.

Really haven't been watching much of anything, so will need to find something to watch...

Comment

• Finatic
                Finatic commented
                Editing a comment
                Orlando! Man you are in my back yard! I live just outside of Oviedo in a small town called Geneva. Time for a meet up!

• ONole1
                ONole1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely...I'm actually in Apopka, near 436 and Hunt Club Blvd. I grew up in Pine Hills. I know right where Geneva is. We will definatley get together.

I think I'm the Old School Guy. I pay over $220 a month for DirecTV, $230 for 3 cell phones, and $90 for cable modem. At least I got my son's Netflix account.

Comment

• So Be
                So Be commented
                Editing a comment
                Overpaying for no reason is NOT "Old School" it's a Joisey thing. :-)

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post
              I have been out of things for a few weeks. We moved back to Orlando from Indiana last week, and I'm excited to be home. Never want to move away again.

I have cut the cord. Not doing an antenna yet, as I have Netflix $15 or whatever the new price is now, Prime, for my annual cost, I am also trying Team B Streaming. So far it's pretty good except with newer shows you have to watch live as they aren't in the archives yet. But there are thousands of TV shows, movies and live TV to choose from. I have been told you can get all the NFL games because you have the regional network channels so we will see. I have also jailbroken my Amazon TV box and installed a Kodi build, so I can pretty much find anything there.

Really haven't been watching much of anything, so will need to find something to watch...
              Shane, good for you. What is team B streaming? What do ya like westerns being too obvious and likely wrong?

Comment

A little change of pace for "your" First Ladies of Song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7M9psH0rM

I find Joan Baez voice intoxicating, and have neve heardr one quite the same.

Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin finish my top 3 Ladies of Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUqbnk7tCY

One from Billie Holliday, a voice for the ages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guKoNCQFAFk

And my third from Janis Joplin.

Your choices?
                Last edited by So Be; 06-30-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
                  A little change of pace for "your" First Ladies of Song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7M9psH0rM

I find Joan Baez voice intoxicating, and have neve heardr one quite the same.

Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin finish my top 3 Ladies of Song.

Your choices?
                  Shelby Lynne, young Stevie Nick's, Linda Ronstadt

Comment

I got a GREAT DEAL. I bought a Dolphins visor for $20 on Amazon and for free 2 day shipping I had to let them give me Amazon Prime free for 30 days, and then they gave me an $80 credit for getting their credit. They also gave 7 free days on multiple pay for view deals.

And I missed all this for overpaying for cable.

Comment

Shane, good for you. What is team B streaming? What do ya like westerns being too obvious and likely wrong?
                      I like some Westerns, just depends. What i like depends on my mood, I just like to be entertained.

Here is the link on the Team B. You can't get all the movies and TV shows, but you get a ton of old and current. It's and app you install on your android TV box, and you pay $15 a month and you get thousands of Live TV channels, movies, and TV series. I am liking it so far. If I can get NFL and college games I don't see going back to cable or the DTV.
                      https://teambstreamingservice.com/

Comment

Thanks, will give it a try. My favorites are Suits & Boston Legal on Amazon and Lucifer & Blacklist on Netflix. Just curous, how many times have you watched your namesake movie?

This is the complete rundown on NFL without cable.

Comment

Thanks, will give it a try. My favorites are Suits & Boston Legal on Amazon and Lucifer & Blacklist on Netflix. Just curous, how many times have you watched your namesake movie?

This is the complete rundown on NFL without cable.
                          I haven't watched it in a while, but I have probably seen it a dozen times or more.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X