OFF TOPIC- Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
    Does this thread mean I can post more "Canadian teams to the NFL" threads on the Fins talk area? Or "Does CastroNick go to the Patriots?" Talk about irony.
    No..........

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll see about that.

• So Be
      So Be commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I was playing?

Originally posted by Wulf View Post
    Doing alot of YouTube lately, reliving Dolphin history...
    Is it making you feel better or worse?

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you kidding? Reliving those great moments...beating the Bears to prevent a perfect season by them, the "fake spike", the destruction, mainly by Csonka of the Vikings in the Super Bowl...??? First, exhilarating, later, depressing. Kind of like beating the Patsies , then the following week playing like dogs against the Bills.

Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
    Yea i cut the cord about 4 years ago and got an antenna. Picks up crystal clear 4K local channels. Don't mind the occasional buff since Im not paying for it. I refuse to pay monthly TV services because if I am paying for it I feel like I should use it. Mainly game on the Xbox instead.
    Could not agree more. Friends told me I should do this years ago and I did not, only because I thought an antenna was like the old rabbit ears and football. Like you,crystal clear locals++ and the occasional buff is meaningless. Have to wait and see how this plays out in football season but, worst case, I buy cable for 4-5 months and save over $500 a year instead of over a grand.

Comment

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post

Peaky is most definitely worth it. Fleabag is a comedy/drama with fiercely funny writing . Not sure how you feel about British comedies but this is a two season gem. Unless you're religious...than maybe not so much
      Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Monty Python, and Absolutely Fabulous? Hated them all. LOL

Comment

AquaXI commented
        22 hours ago

I do like the old Magnum, never watched Miami vice but disco rules! Give me Travolta/Blondie/BeeGees/Dance Fever any day hehe.

I think Drive Phinsane is also a HUGE disco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post

I will start with TV. I cut the cable, bought an antenna, and Netflix as well as Hulu. The antenna cost $40, and is NOWHERE near thos of the past. I get 59 channels, including all the locals. It does buffer some BUT, I'm not paying $130 a month, just Nothing.

So, I buy Netflix for $15. and Hulu is free with the $10 I spend for the Great Spotify music. Netflix is no adds, and Hulu is limited commercials.
          Hey Joe, do you mind telling me which antenna you ended up going with??..I've been without cable for over a year and a half and other than what I'm able to pick up through my apple tv, and hulu, netflix & amazon prime I don't get any tv. I've thought for a while about getting a super antenna but didn't know how well they worked. Was looking at the Live Wave, which plugs into an outlet with a cable running to the tv..

Comment

AquaXI commented
            22 hours ago

I do like the old Magnum, never watched Miami vice but disco rules! Give me Travolta/Blondie/BeeGees/Dance Fever any day hehe.

I think Drive Phinsane is also a HUGE disco fan.
            Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk i'm a 'music' fan, no time to talk, lol..for the most part i'm just a HUGE music fan, period!

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
              Yea i cut the cord about 4 years ago and got an antenna. Picks up crystal clear 4K local channels. Don't mind the occasional buff since Im not paying for it. I refuse to pay monthly TV services because if I am paying for it I feel like I should use it. Mainly game on the Xbox instead.
              Hey GC, i'll ask you the same question I just asked Joe, which antenna did you end up going with??

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

Hey GC, i'll ask you the same question I just asked Joe, which antenna did you end up going with??
                Don’t know exact brand but it is a digital antenna for about 40 bucks from Best Buy. It’s been a few years but I think they had one for around 100 bucks but I went cheap just to see how it would work and it’s been good enough I haven’t upgraded.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
                  Driven_Phinsane! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, i'll have to look into it..

Is it making you feel better or worse?
                The only down side, is how old the "glory footage" is...

Comment

• So Be
                  So Be commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stopped watching the Glory Years." It was like living a drea, and then waking up to depressing current reality.

• Driven_Phinsane!
                  Driven_Phinsane! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @ SoBe..yeah, I used to love watching the old footage and reliving the glory years..now it just bums me out as all I can keep thinking is how long it's been since we've been the least bit relevant and how old we're getting, lol...

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

Hey Joe, do you mind telling me which antenna you ended up going with??..I've been without cable for over a year and a half and other than what I'm able to pick up through my apple tv, and hulu, netflix & amazon prime I don't get any tv. I've thought for a while about getting a super antenna but didn't know how well they worked. Was looking at the Live Wave, which plugs into an outlet with a cable running to the tv..
                https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps

Bill, first click on the above FCC link to get strength of signal for all your area channels. It is based on an outdoor 30' high antenna but, is a VG indicator on how good an antenna will work.

Back on the antenna in a bit.

Anyone using Spotify for music?

Comment

• So Be
                  So Be commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got a MOHU arc indoor antenna after a bunch of research. It has a 40 mile radius, good for me, and cost $40 at Best Buy. I see it is now $30 and Amazon has it refurbished for $25. All it is, is a curved piece of thin metal 12" x 8" with a cord that stands up (barely) but, gives me locals, PBS, etc.

You may need something different, depending on location and as GC said, there are higher priced options. Check the signal strength and take a trip to Best Buy.

Bill, first click on the above FCC link to get strength of signal for all your area channels. It is based on an outdoor 30' high antenna but, is a VG indicator on how good an antenna will work.

LOL, according to your signal strength link, I'd get a whooping 6 channels and 2 of those six would be a pretty weak signal. Looks like I'm stuck with directTV.
                only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

• So Be
                  So Be commented
                  Editing a comment
                  By the by, not me but, the Federal Communications Commission.

• Dolfan1
                  Dolfan1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yessir, I knew that. Should have said by the "Link" you posted.

Well, I saved you a pointless purchase, and got you out of hibernation. If you do not have a smart tv, there is also Rogu to get Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc. for really good tv..

Comment

Well, I saved you a pointless purchase, and got you out of hibernation. If you do not have a smart tv, there is also Rogu to get Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc. for really good tv..
                  Don't think my TV is very smart, it never answers me when I yell at it.
                  only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

• Dolfan1
                    Dolfan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL, we need a like button for comments.

• So Be
                    So Be commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some fun posts. Don't be a stranger.

• Dolfan1
                    Dolfan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Always around bud, just don't have much to say.

Appreciate all the info Joe..According to the i'd pick up 16 channels (13 of 'em strong, the other 3 moderate) Not close to the # of channels they advertise you will get, but probably better than nothing I guess. Will definitely look into it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X