OFF TOPIC- Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF TOPIC- Entertainment

I do not know IF Matt considers this acceptable in our off season doldrums but, pointless to keep beating the dead horses of Phins in June. Everyone here is bored to tears and not even visiting. DO NOT want to go to politics. So, as has been done in the past, let's take a look at entertainment, Music, Movies, and TV.

What do you believe is worth listening to?, Paying to see? or, Watching?

I will start with TV. I cut the cable, bought an antenna, and Netflix as well as Hulu. The antenna cost $40, and is NOWHERE near thos of the past. I get 59 channels, including all the locals. It does buffer some BUT, I'm not paying $130 a month, just Nothing.

So, I buy Netflix for $15. and Hulu is free with the $10 I spend for the Great Spotify music. Netflix is no adds, and Hulu is limited commercials.

Now, the good part, Netflix, in addition to countless movies, has 5 seasons of Blacklist, and a SUPER series in LUCIFER. Hulu has BOSTON LEGAL, a fabulous series with William Shattner, Candice Bergan, James Spader, etc, etc Must watch (Denny Crane).and there are soooo many more.

Suggestions???.

On Netflix...sons of anarchy and justified. On Amazon peaky blinders and fleabag.

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
      HndRkyaBong34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Peaky Blinders 👍

We bundled with XFinity for the house, 400Mbps internet, home security, and over 260 channels, including almost every one of the premiums, for about $180 per month.... But we really don't watch much television!

Comment

Call me old school or cheap ha! I still have my IPad 1 that’s right 1, to watch YouTube while the family hogs up the tv. My phone is an iPhone 5 hehehe. That’s all the entertainment I get. Yes I live like 20 years behind.

Comment

• Wulf
        Wulf commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have my iphone 7 plus! Don;t see any reason to part with it...

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Aq, why watch glass when you have a beautiful view all around you?

• AquaXI
        AquaXI commented
        Editing a comment
        @IMA, very true! I live half a block from the Beach at the gateway to Waikiki. I drink my coffee almost everyday out there. Thus a limited glass entertainment, just scenery and sports talk radio.

With GOT withdrawal racking my body, i turned to Vikings and obsessed through 5 seasons in a few weeks. Not new at all, but i had never seen it. Awesome characters, storyline that roughly parallels the first European raids into England starting in the 8th century led by the infamous Rothgar Lothbrok A History channel original so no T&A but those were some crazy violent Norsemen people and culture. And i do mean crazy violent so if that bothers you, the series is not for you. But what a story and characters.
      Also The Expanse is a sci fi series on Amazon with convoluted plots, political intrigue, and sci fi violence. A good show.

Comment

PBS/ Nova, Cheesy Danish Detective programs in sub Titles, my channels are limited but Netflix and prime if I’m bored.. Penny Dreadful and Rover on Netflix was pretty entertaining..
        Last edited by HndRkyaBong34; 06-20-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          They don’t have it anymore but Frontline was also a good documentary!

As a football addict I need my Sunday Ticket. That pretty much ties me into DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post
          On Netflix...sons of anarchy and justified. On Amazon peaky blinders and fleabag.
          Sons was good. Will try justified. Are peaky binders and fleabag worth buying Amazon?

You guys have to give Blacklist a look. FBI's #1 most wanted makes a deal with the FBI to go after his blacklist criminals, who the FBI does not know of.

Comment

Originally posted by AquaXI View Post
            Call me old school or cheap ha! I still have my IPad 1 that’s right 1, to watch YouTube while the family hogs up the tv. My phone is an iPhone 5 hehehe. That’s all the entertainment I get. Yes I live like 20 years behind.
            So, how do you like that "Miami Vice" show and Disco music? :-)

Comment

• AquaXI
              AquaXI commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like the old Magnum, never watched Miami vice but disco rules! Give me Travolta/Blondie/BeeGees/Dance Fever any day hehe.

• IMAWriter
              IMAWriter commented
              Editing a comment
              "To Be Real"...one of the best disco era productions EVER. David Hungate (Toto's bass player) playing bass on that...he's in Nashville past 20 years and has played on a couple of my songs. It was either his dad or uncle who was Congressman Hungate, who ran the Nixon Watergate congressional hearings. That spectacle puts most of these current TV shows to shame.

Originally posted by Kato View Post
            With GOT withdrawal racking my body, i turned to Vikings and obsessed through 5 seasons in a few weeks. Not new at all, but i had never seen it. Awesome characters, storyline that roughly parallels the first European raids into England starting in the 8th century led by the infamous Rothgar Lothbrok A History channel original so no T&A but those were some crazy violent Norsemen people and culture. And i do mean crazy violent so if that bothers you, the series is not for you. But what a story and characters.
            Also The Expanse is a sci fi series on Amazon with convoluted plots, political intrigue, and sci fi violence. A good show.
            I really liked Vikings. Like Wulf, I do not watch a lot of TV but, when the mood strikes, watching 5 years of a Great show, no commercials, if, when and how much you want, whenever you want is tuff to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Finatic View Post
              As a football addict I need my Sunday Ticket. That pretty much ties me into DirecTV.
              I have some Out of Towners asking me about the Ticket. Is Direct TV the only way to get it? Can you get the Ticket ONLY? How much?

Comment

• Finatic
                Finatic commented
                Editing a comment
                The primary way to get it is through DirectTV, you have to add it on to your base service. I do see it is available on my XBox also. Not sure how that works. A quick Google should give some options.

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                NFLSundayTicket.TV about $75 a month for 4 months

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws...-EM-G-10072001

Originally posted by So Be View Post

Sons was good. Will try justified. Are peaky binders and fleabag worth buying Amazon?

You guys have to give Blacklist a look. FBI's #1 most wanted makes a deal with the FBI to go after his blacklist criminals, who the FBI does not know of.
              Peaky is most definitely worth it. Fleabag is a comedy/drama with fiercely funny writing . Not sure how you feel about British comedies but this is a two season gem. Unless you're religious...than maybe not so much

Comment

Doing alot of YouTube lately, reliving Dolphin history...

Comment

• AquaXI
                  AquaXI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  YouTube is my primary entertainment. I'm good at making do with free sights hehe.

Does this thread mean I can post more "Canadian teams to the NFL" threads on the Fins talk area? Or "Does CastroNick go to the Patriots?" Talk about irony.

Comment

Yea i cut the cord about 4 years ago and got an antenna. Picks up crystal clear 4K local channels. Don't mind the occasional buff since Im not paying for it. I refuse to pay monthly TV services because if I am paying for it I feel like I should use it. Mainly game on the Xbox instead.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X