Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Pets - What Pets Do You Own

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited by DolphinsFreak; 09-08-2018, 01:36 PM.

Lexi Cat
    Pepsi Cat
    DK Cat
    Casey Cat
    Bella Dog
    Maya Dog

Both my Horses have passed.
    only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
      Lexi Cat
      Pepsi Cat
      DK Cat
      Casey Cat
      Bella Dog
      Maya Dog

Both my Horses have passed.
      I made this thread a while ago. You might remember me creating this exact thread over in Brian's forum and it was a huge hit. The original thread had the names and pictures of all my dogs. But, since the thread got instantly moved to the Lounge, where nobody really visits, I decided to delete the pictures and information.

Comment

Yeah, I've posted stuff here with hardly any answers as well.

Comment

Well guys I can add this lounge to the Phins talk forum. Just trying to keep the Dolphins talk in one place.

Comment

Totally your call Matt. I understand the why behind this but DF has a point that hardly anyone pays attention to the posts here. My car thread died a slow death and I've posted other stuff here as well that was pretty much ignored.

Comment

I figured there were either two reasons why the thread was moved; either Matt thought I made the thread in response to the "Change My Screen Name" thread which has nothing to do with football but still on the main board, OR "someone's" best friend the Mod moved it because he has a history of moving my threads into the abyss of the Lounge.

It was created because it was a hit on the other forum. It was created because I figured it was a good way for forum members to get to know each other a little better. And, it was created because I unfortunately have to re-home two of my four dogs because we are moving and can't bring two of them with us. (Long and personal story)

Comment

Sorry to hear that bud, I know how painful it can be to lose a pet never mind two. I cried like a baby when my horse Katie died but that's a whole different story.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bud, I know how painful it can be to lose a pet never mind two. I cried like a baby when my horse Katie died but that's a whole different story.
                  Thank You, D1! Sorry to hear about Katie.

Our Siberian Husky of 14 years passed away last year and a few months after that we found one at the Humane Society that had the exact same markings but was female. After a month of waiting nobody claimed her so we adopted her. It was obvious she was from an abused home and we had to work extra hard to undo all the trauma caused by the idiots who owned her before. Now, after getting really attached to her we have to re-home her because we can't take her with us on our move. It's a heartbreaking thing to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

Thank You, D1! Sorry to hear about Katie.

Our Siberian Husky of 14 years passed away last year and a few months after that we found one at the Humane Society that had the exact same markings but was female. After a month of waiting nobody claimed her so we adopted her. It was obvious she was from an abused home and we had to work extra hard to undo all the trauma caused by the idiots who owned her before. Now, after getting really attached to her we have to re-home her because we can't take her with us on our move. It's a heartbreaking thing to go through.
                    I remember now, you're a Husky lover just like I am, I think we showed each other pictures of our Husky's. Man that would depress the hell out of me. I honestly don't know how I would handle that. Is this a necessary move? I mean are there any other alternatives?

Comment

I remember now, you're a Husky lover just like I am, I think we showed each other pictures of our Husky's. Man that would depress the hell out of me. I honestly don't know how I would handle that. Is this a necessary move? I mean are there any other alternatives?
                      Yes, Sir. It's a done deal, no alternatives. It's job related and we are relocating. If it wasn't a must I would never get rid of any of my dogs, they are like family. I knew there was another husky person on the forum but I couldn't remember who it was. Yep, I have had a Siberian Husky in my life for YEARS now. At one time I had a male and a female and we even bred them at one point. Love this breed!!!!

Comment

Yes, Sir. It's a done deal, no alternatives. It's job related and we are relocating. If it wasn't a must I would never get rid of any of my dogs, they are like family. I knew there was another husky person on the forum but I couldn't remember who it was. Yep, I have had a Siberian Husky in my life for YEARS now. At one time I had a male and a female and we even bred them at one point. Love this breed!!!!
                        I've had numerous Husky's throughout my life time. Biggest mistake I ever made with them is I had two alpha males under the same roof. Had to get rid of one when the younger one almost killed the older one over dominance. Wasn't pretty, we came home to a house full of blood and had to rush the older one to the vets.

I know this is gonna be tough on you but I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Comment

I've had numerous Husky's throughout my life time. Biggest mistake I ever made with them is I had two alpha males under the same roof. Had to get rid of one when the younger one almost killed the older one over dominance. Wasn't pretty, we came home to a house full of blood and had to rush the older one to the vets.

I know this is gonna be tough on you but I hope it all works out for you in the end.
                          That would be a terrible situation to come home to. The battle to see which one was the alpha male, huh? So you know what I am going through since you've had to go through very similar situations.

I really appreciate your kind words. We are taking our time trying to find the perfect owner for our husky and some people are not appreciated my vetting process but I must make sure they know the breed, have the proper home for this breed and are going to a great fit. So many people have that "It's just a dog" mentality. I don't understand that.

Thanks Again!

Comment

That would be a terrible situation to come home to. The battle to see which one was the alpha male, huh? So you know what I am going through since you've had to go through very similar situations.

I really appreciate your kind words. We are taking our time trying to find the perfect owner for our husky and some people are not appreciated my vetting process but I must make sure they know the breed, have the proper home for this breed and are going to a great fit. So many people have that "It's just a dog" mentality. I don't understand that.

Thanks Again!
                            Man if I didn't live all the way across the country, I'd love to take her from you and she would have a great home with 5 acres to run on with my two other females but not sure my wife would appreciate it since I keep telling her no more animals. I do feel for you bud and hope you find great homes for both of them.

What breed is the other dog?

Comment

Man if I didn't live all the way across the country, I'd love to take her from you and she would have a great home with 5 acres to run on with my two other females but not sure my wife would appreciate it since I keep telling her no more animals. I do feel for you bud and hope you find great homes for both of them.

What breed is the other dog?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Kalani20.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	70517
                              She would definitely love running on 5 acres with some new friends. We have it narrowed down to two couples. One couple has never owned a husky before and is trying to adopt two. Although they are both really, really nice people I think going from no dogs to two, high maintenance dogs might be too much for them.

The other dog is a Shih Tzu. I am not really close to her at all. They are a boring breed in my opinion. Everyone is different and many people love these dogs but they are just not for me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X