OT: Burt Reynolds Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Burt Reynolds Passes Away

He lived a great, long life but it's sad nonetheless whenever anyone passes away. I loved his movies. The Longest Yard will always be one of my favorites and I will never watch the re-make of this classic film.

Burt Reynolds, the legendary actor who starred in iconic films including "Smokey and the Bandit" and "The Longest Yard" has died, Fox News confirms. He was 82.

The actor's agent, Todd Eisner, told us Reynolds died Thursday morning from cardiac arrest.

Reynold's Hollywood career skyrocketed in the ‘70s for his breakout role as Lewis Medlock in 1972’s “Deliverance.” The star went on to appear in nearly 200 films throughout his lifetime.
    The “Smokey and the Bandit” icon dated his co-star for five years after they met on the set of the 1977 film. The former couple appeared in four films together before calling it quits in the ‘80s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BurtReynolds.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	68156

R.I.P Burt, always thought you and Sally Fields would have made a great couple. Your Smokie and the Bandit movies inspired me to buy my 83 Trans Am.
    only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
      R.I.P Burt, always thought you and Sally Fields would have made a great couple. Your Smokie and the Bandit movies inspired me to buy my 83 Trans Am.
      My dad had a white 1974 455 Trans Am. He’s had some nice vehicles over the years but to date that car is still his favorite.

Comment

Had a lot of fun in that TA. That 305 H.O Motor made that things scream. Seriously believe that car would have given my 360 HP GTO a serious challenge.

And yeah, I'm a Pontiac nut.
        only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
          Had a lot of fun in that TA. That 305 H.O Motor made that things scream. Seriously believe that car would have given my 360 HP GTO a serious challenge.

And yeah, I'm a Pontiac nut.
          That is so funny! My dad's best friend back then had a GTO and to my knowledge they never raced but they always talked about which car was faster. His friend's GTO I believe had a 400 engine but it also was a four-speed.

Comment

The dude was awesome. Rest in peace Bandit

Comment

One of the very few Florida State football players I could ever say I really loved. Thanks for the memories and the laughs.

Comment

Just saw the car from Smoky II 2 weeks ago in Nashville.

Comment

RIP Burt Reynolds.
                  The 10 digit rule sucks, BTW.

Comment

I met Burt a couple of times. As cool in person as he was on film. RIP Bandit.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                      DolphinsFreak commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He came across as someone who would be more cool in person then he was on film, which in his case is a compliment because on screen he was as cool as they come.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X