No announcement yet.

Vindication (a little)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we at a place here where a member tells another member what the content of his thread should contain? BTW, you two arbiters of truth and justice have done a bit of ranting around here as well...as have we ALL. As to being a PITA, I am a former moderator *8 grueling years) of a website/forum with over 1.5 million hits a year, and 200k members. I, or any other moderator...we had 15, would have sent you a warning #1, for verbal abuse to another member. This is a public forum, last I looked. If you don't like the posting of another member, Ignore it.

And BOB, as you reminded us a ways up this thread... "I say what 's on my mind and I don't soften the blows. That's just how I roll."
    I have no problem with that, as that's how I roll. I'd say that's how we ALL roll. But it seems SOME rolls are just a little more tasty than others? By WHOSE standards?

Comment

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      I NEVER once lied about anything. Not sure why you keep saying this.
      I said this many times. I don't keep stats or records. I don't follow every player, coach, or coordinator. I post a few times during the week, follow the news, and enjoy my 3 hours of game time. When I post it's passion from what I watched or feel not ranting or bitching.

• Dolfan1
      Dolfan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, you're the one who dug this up again by starting this thread, it was dead and buried as far as I was concerned but if you persist in saying I'm the one lying here and not you, I can and will dig up the proof even if that means me reading through each and every exchange between you and I since you came here.

You have two choices here, you can shut up and let it go or I can embarrass you even more. Your move.

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried to PM you many times but you blocked me. I still don't know what your problem is. This is a Dolphin's Fins forum. I never lied about anything and I didn't accuse you of lying. Your talking about proof and embarrassment. Either confront me about it or end it.

I'll Back jeg here. Do i need facts to back up my frustration at the eternal lack of winning this team has accomplished? When something sucks, am i able to say that? Tanny joins a very long list of crappy qbs to wear our colors. Why can't we say that without being reprimanded. It's frustration. Period.

Comment

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      61 a few of these guys don't understand the area we live in or what we are used to on sports radio. We have passionate hosts that love their teams but bash until they win. I love Joe B.

• Dolfan1
      Dolfan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at all sure what the area you live in has to do with ANY of this but I was born and Raised up in Connecticut where everyone is either a Jet, Giant, or since 2000 a Pat fan. There isn't a tougher place to live as a Dolfan than that. And 61 as far as your comment, there is a huge difference between being frustrated as we ALL are and spamming every thread with Hate filled rants about Tannehill which is what I got on Jeg about.

OK I’m not sure about all this ranting and frustration but the big question is? Why does Burke STILL HAVE A JOB!Why wasn’t he let go yet?

Comment

• Dolfan1
      Dolfan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure that will probably be left up to the new HC as to who he wants as his DC. I'm quite sure it will NOT be Burke.

Originally posted by 39Zonk View Post
    OK I’m not sure about all this ranting and frustration but the big question is? Why does Burke STILL HAVE A JOB!Why wasn’t he let go yet?
    because that's the usual way it's handled. The new HC may have familiarity..as in Rizzi..with an assistant's work, and wishes to have 1st option to retain him. You fire the guy, he is scooped up by another team. Makes sense, and also gives these guys a bitof time to find work elsewhere. Theoretically they weren't fired, Gase was.

Comment

• Dolfan1
      Dolfan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Should have read yours first, would have saved me some typing.

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries.

Originally posted by JEGnj View Post
    During the pre-season I was hammered on this board and was attempted to be run off. It guy ugly for a few weeks. I quieted down and kept a low profile for a few weeks after and hung on. I love this team but i'm just frustrated with years and years of being let down.
    Watching the Sports shows this morning and hearing things like this team has no talent, major QB concerns, a terrible franchise since Shula, organizational structure issues, etc. This team and organization is getting pounded by the media and former players. I hate hearing this but it's all I have been saying and what I am so frustrated of.
    40 years of losing SUCKS.
    I think you overstate being "Hammered" on this board. If so it wasn't by more than one or two people. I was in agreement with you as were several other people. You and many of us just remember when this team was revered as one of the top in all of sports for decades. Division winners constantly, and perennial playoff team. It has been hard suffering through our 25 years of crappy play and public humiliations. It sucks

Comment

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      I went through a bad stretch when I first got here. I even said hey reach out to me on FB to see I was real and not just trolling and was pretty much told to F OFF. I PM'd a few guys to clear the air and find out some issues and I backed off. Just think it's funny with how the season ended and Gase getting fired and tides turned on the future of Tanny.

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
    Are we at a place here where a member tells another member what the content of his thread should contain? BTW, you two arbiters of truth and justice have done a bit of ranting around here as well...as have we ALL. As to being a PITA, I am a former moderator *8 grueling years) of a website/forum with over 1.5 million hits a year, and 200k members. I, or any other moderator...we had 15, would have sent you a warning #1, for verbal abuse to another member. This is a public forum, last I looked. If you don't like the posting of another member, Ignore it.

And BOB, as you reminded us a ways up this thread... "I say what 's on my mind and I don't soften the blows. That's just how I roll."
    I have no problem with that, as that's how I roll. I'd say that's how we ALL roll. But it seems SOME rolls are just a little more tasty than others? By WHOSE standards?
    OH NO MR BILL !!!!! Anything but the DREADED warning #1. REALLY?

This is a public forum BUT, also a football forum. Perhaps, some forgot or, never knew, what it was to really talk football.

With my different groups from Pubs, games, and supermarkets, we get into name calling from idiot, pain in the ass, stupid SOB, inconsiderate bastard, and worse. No one is offended, and we all have a real good time.

If someone is wrong in what he says, he is called out, learns from it, and buys drinks. This is with former college players, coaches, and season ticket holders for 40-50 years.

Here, for some, this type of behavior is "verbal abuse and/or insulting." That's for TEA PARTIES & TENNIS MATCHES, NOT FOOTBALL !!!

GROW A PAIR & REALIZE THIS IS FOOTBALL !!!

**Saint Vince is rolling over in his grave.

Comment

• Finatic
      Finatic commented
      Editing a comment
      I run this place the way I do because people are so passionate about sports, it turns into a personal war that a) I don't have the time or patience to mediate, and b) degrades the quality of the conversations. Just look what transpired with you and Freak. And that was only two guys who could not settle a difference and both of you refuse to let it go. Now you suggest I let this crap run rampant. No not going to happen here. Sorry.

I am moving this thread. It probably never should have been posted, and now is getting out of control. Let's get back to football and put the personal score cards away shall we?

Comment

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. Just seem 2 or 3 people get their way and say what they want while the rest are called out. I still want to know what DF1s problem is.

• Finatic
      Finatic commented
      Editing a comment
      Who gets to just say what they want? I have no recall of someone just starting a thread like this, except Dolphins Freak. And you see where that got him.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X