Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suh- Salary Cap & Play

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suh- Salary Cap & Play

    Dolphins signed Suh to a guaranteed $60M contract, which is all that matters in the NFL. He get $6.1M this year, $28.6M next year, and $15.1M in 2017. At that point he is movable, as are almost all players after three years. The contract is hard to believe by some but, not the big deal some think because of the salary cap.

    In 2014, the salary cap was $123M. Then, due to a new TV deal, it went up $10M a year for 2014 and 2015, and is expected to do the same for 2016. That's $30M a year that teams have to spend which they did not have last year. This is less than what we paid Suh, and was somewhat like found money.

    Ross and Tannenbaum made their "BIG Splash," season tickets went up by 12%, and there was no additional investment from the team or Ross. Good business and excited Phans.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

    Now we get into the signing, the fit, and Suh's play which is more confusing.

    One has to assume that Ross, Tannenbaum, Hickey, Philbin, Coyle, etc actually did watch Suh play. They would have seen an All Pro DT worth a LOT of money. One would also assume that both sides met, prior to $60M, and discussed the system and scheme which made the player an All Pro. One would assume.

    Throughout months of workouts, practices, preseason, etc., all was well. There was nothing said by any coaches or player on anything remotely resembling a problem. So we believed.

    Then, after a bad start by our team and Suh, the scheme was dead wrong, was not what he flourished in, and we had a BIG problem.

    HOW THE HELL was that something gone not noticed by the entire staff of the Dolphins, as well as Suh???

    Just a little food for thought.

  • #2
    Well it seems to be fixed now. Suh sets the table and decides who feasts on what. Like you said on the cap it's about the guaranteed money and we can always pull a JJ Watt and restructure that $28.6 million into a signing bonus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by So Be View Post
      Now we get into the signing, the fit, and Suh's play which is more confusing.
      One has to assume that Ross, Tannenbaum, Hickey, Philbin, Coyle, etc actually did watch Suh play. They would have seen an All Pro DT worth a LOT of money. One would also assume that both sides met, prior to $60M, and discussed the system and scheme which made the player an All Pro. One would assume.
      Throughout months of workouts, practices, preseason, etc., all was well. There was nothing said by any coaches or player on anything remotely resembling a problem. So we believed.
      Then, after a bad start by our team and Suh, the scheme was dead wrong, was not what he flourished in, and we had a BIG problem.
      HOW THE HELL was that something gone not noticed by the entire staff of the Dolphins, as well as Suh???

      Just a little food for thought.
      The fact that throughout camp and preseason, we didn't face any strong O-Lines until Mid-September might have helped cover the poor gameplan for the DL...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Wulf View Post

        The fact that throughout camp and preseason, we didn't face any strong O-Lines until Mid-September might have helped cover the poor gameplan for the DL...
        I cannot even remotely believe that the entire team of coaches, as well as Suh himself, could not see things coming after watching miles of tape and "supposedly" knowing better. Imagine if you did the same in your business. I have already done the same in mine, and no way that happens.

        Comment


        • Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          They saw what they WANTED to see...

      • #5
        Originally posted by VAIDER5120 View Post
        Well it seems to be fixed now. Suh sets the table and decides who feasts on what. Like you said on the cap it's about the guaranteed money and we can always pull a JJ Watt and restructure that $28.6 million into a signing bonus.
        Why should we? Who are we gonna pay? Pay the money and hope things work out better than so far.

        Comment


        • #6
          I noticed! and was against this signing from the get....

          Comment


          • So Be
            So Be commented
            Editing a comment
            We had the money to spend. With signing Suh, Pouncey, and Tannehill, we are still $10m under this year's cap and can clear $30-40M next year. Who did you want to pay?

          • HndRkyaBong34
            HndRkyaBong34 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxwell, Mathis ,Julius Thomas, Mike Lupati, Demarco Murray... for about the same price as suh....

        • #7
          Originally posted by So Be View Post

          Why should we? Who are we gonna pay? Pay the money and hope things work out better than so far.
          Why shouldn't we? That's like 15-20 million in cap space. You watch trench play so you see the effect Suh brings now that Coyle is gone. One of the great benifits of having a super rich owner even if that sort of thing is collectively looked down upon.

          Soon to be FA FS- Gipson comes to mind. Maybe OV, Miller, Shelby or Matthews. I haven't started my full blown off season yet as that'll depend on the Jills game.

          Comment


          • So Be
            So Be commented
            Editing a comment
            The wealth of Ross has nothing to do with paying players. All 32 teams have the same salary cap and the same money they have to pay for players.

            Now, Ross can pay/overpay coaches and the FO as much as he wants. How's that working out?

        Unconfigured Ad Widget

        Collapse
        Working...
        X