Miami Dolphins A Faceless Franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Dolphins A Faceless Franchise

In Dolphins "Ancient History" Phans had The Don, Butch & Sundance, The No Name D, Dan The Man, JJ, ZT, JT, and even Ricky to a degree.

More recently, we have had nothing, Wake excluded. I remember seeing billboards with the "BIG 3" of Tuna, Sparano, and Ireland years ago just looking for someone to put on the Phins Face. Whose jersey would anyone buy? Who do kids portray in games? VERY SAD

Who will save us? I don't see anyone currently on the roster other than maybe/hopefully Rosen. I could also see our D backfield, with X, Fitz, McD, McCain, and ? being really good to the point of getting a Name.

Anyone else?

I get what you are saying. But the only name I am interested in is "winner".

Comment

Those things will come, but at this point we are basically "new" faces, aside from Howard and Jones, maybe "Miami miracle" Drake...

Comment

Originally posted by Phishinphin View Post
        I get what you are saying. But the only name I am interested in is "winner".
        The name of "winner" and Franchise Face are, almost always, one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf View Post
          Those things will come, but at this point we are basically "new" faces, aside from Howard and Jones, maybe "Miami miracle" Drake...
          We have been waiting for those things to come for many a year, and they have not. I can only see Rosen or, our #1 pick next year. Hard to believe how many drafts we have gone through without one star.

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            We haven't even waited one off-season on the new staff...

Hopefully the New face will be all Defense. Starting with Howard and Wilkins.. My “Hope” only annoys me at this point..

https://youtu.be/VlXcF0WwFTI

Comment

Originally posted by HndRkyaBong34 View Post
            Hopefully the New face will be all Defense. Starting with Howard and Wilkins.. My “Hope” only annoys me at this point..

https://youtu.be/VlXcF0WwFTI
            X, Wilkins, Fitz, McMillian, Baker, Godchaux, and V Taylor for our "Young Guns."

Comment

We have many faces; we wear them every Sunday during football season. There's HOPEFUL (This one doesn't last long), BEWILDERED, UPSET, ANGRY, EMBARRASSED, SAD, & DEFEATED..

Comment

I think disgruntled fans are the face of the franchise.

Comment

The national media will have it as Wilkins..no complaints there. Truth is, several "experts say Howard is among the top 3 CBs in the NFL. Troy Polomalu (due to his unique skill set...and hair) was the face, even more-so than Big Ben. If Ryan Fitz starts hot ...as he often does, HE will be the "face"...till he inevitably becomes the rump.

Comment

• So Be
                    So Be commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1 point for Writer.

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
                  If Ryan Fitz starts hot ...as he often does, HE will be the "face"...till he inevitably becomes the rump.
                  Lol, that could be a whole 'nother thread altogether: THE 'ASS' OF THE FRANCHISE...You brought up BIG BEN earlier, I suppose you could say he's both the face and the ASS of that franchise!

Comment

• IMAWriter
                    IMAWriter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Even bigger lol!

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post
                  I think disgruntled fans are the face of the franchise.
                  Just imagine the possibilities to put on t-shirts.Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post

Just imagine the possibilities to put on t-shirts.Any ideas?
                    How about:

PHINSANITY: Doing the same thing over & over & over again expecting different results!

Comment

• IMAWriter
                      IMAWriter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That may have finally changed?

• Driven_Phinsane!
                      Driven_Phinsane! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You know, I was thinking the same thing..Like all of my ideas, a day late & a dollar short!

Unfortunately, for many among the media old-timers, the face of the franchise is still the1972 Dolphins, which they collectively despise. For newer fans, it's Marino...who the younger media, Brady lovers secretly despise, and hold in contempt for not winning it all. Again, I believe it will take WINNING consistently..2-3 years before a "face is establish...but hey, maybe THAT would place Brian Flores at the top of the list...as it probably SHOULD???
                    Last edited by IMAWriter; 06-23-2019, 01:11 PM. Reason: For clarity

Comment

I would not mind having a Minkah Fitzpatrick jersey

I think he will be with the Phins for a long time

If he starts playing safety full time he will be a regular at the Pro Bowl

I regret not buying a Jones jersey years ago

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X