NFL 2020 Mock Drafts & Player/Position Outlooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2020 Mock Drafts & Player/Position Outlooks

For Phinatics, the NFL 2020 draft seems light years away. However, the media and mocks started before the 2019 draft even took place. For better or worse, it is the sign of the times and has been for some time.

So, to somewhat alleviate the summertime boredom, we have a thread to take a look at next years projections and opinions of what draft will hold in store for Miami. It may well be the most interesting, intriguing, and important draft in Dolphin history.

A CBS Mock to start:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...s-replacement/

They have Miami taking GA Soph QB Jake Fromm with the overall #1 pick. Seeing Phins #1 in many mocks.

Other TOP picks are QB's Tua and Herbert, DE's Chase Young and AJ Epenesa, and OT's Walker Little and Trey Adams.

Dolphins can do all kinds of stuff in this draft. In addition of the extra picks they have, they could end up trading Tunsil for a #1, X for a #1, and possibly Rosen for a #1 OR, none of the above. Could go QB, DE, LT or trade. CAN'T WAIT!!!

In the meantime, post some info, thoughts, and projections of what may be coming.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019...cts-first-look

Here's a list of the top 32 prospects from CFN a VG source. It does appear that there will be an abundance of VG Big Uglies on the OL coming available. Music to my ears.

Comment

New FO and coaching staff have decimated the O and D lines

They will find out early that they should have spent some FA money on either side

The O line should be bad but think the Phins D line will be worse

Phins O will score despite poor O line play

Phins will be scored on a lot cause they are not getting pressure up front

Despite drafting a DT in the 1st in 2019 draft they will realize he needs help

Phins will draft back to back linemen in 2020

They will begin with the D and then draft O lineman in 2nd round

Phins selection will be DE Chase Young
      Last edited by PhinPhan68; 05-24-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Pulling so hard for Rosen this year. Actually pulling so hard for a good O line and the Rosen part will fall into place naturally. Don't want a QB that says his name is pronounced Tongavailoa when it is spelled Tagovailoa. Yeah, and Bruce Jenner is a woman.
        I do believe Flores will create pressure more by schemes than individual pass rushing talents but still give me Iowa's AJ Espenesa. He will be the 2020 version of JJ Watt, mark my words.

Comment

You mean the same "analysts" that slavered all over Miami for trading to get Rosen are also picking us dead last at #32 overall in their power rankings and have us taking another QB #1 overall?

Alas, the dichotomies... lol...

If Rosen is the QB that Grier, Flores, and O'Shea thought he COULD BE when they traded a 2nd and 5th round pick for him, then he should easily beat out Fitzpatrick this summer in a fair QB competition and have more than modest improvement over his disastrous first season.

If he doesn't, then he's not the guy and we'll definitely be taking Tua, Fromm, etc... It's really as simple as that, so these guys are now flip-flopping on Rosen. Whatever.

And trade Tunsil??? Are you back on the kalik? lol...

Considering Tunsil is the only stalwart on the OL, you keep him, give Deiter two more seasons at OG, and draft a true RT next draft if you need to.

And with X getting locked up, I'd probably go DB at the top of the draft and use the bevy of other picks either on defense or in trades to net more picks for 2021....

Comment

Nothing is obvious when it comes to the Phins

1st round pick RT could not beat out Garrard and Gerrard was a terrible QB

FIitz is way better then Garrard so beating him out will not be an easy task

People should not underestimate FitzMagic

If Rosen starts game 1 he will be the Phins new franchise QB for a long time

Comment

Its hard to say who we will be targeting in the first round next year. These player rankings are going to change from now until draft time next year and we don't know where we will be drafting. Everybody assumes we will have a top 5 pick but that is far from a given. We might be drafting lower next year then we did this year. Also we dont know what positions will be of greatest need or who will be available. It could be QB if Rosen doesn't pan out or it could be DE if our pass rush is woeful. Right now those are the most likely positions that we will need to address in the first round next year. However if we are selecting in the teens and the top QB's and DE's are gone we will have to go in another direction perhaps a corner or RT.

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
                Its hard to say who we will be targeting in the first round next year. These player rankings are going to change from now until draft time next year and we don't know where we will be drafting. Everybody assumes we will have a top 5 pick but that is far from a given. We might be drafting lower next year then we did this year. Also we dont know what positions will be of greatest need or who will be available. It could be QB if Rosen doesn't pan out or it could be DE if our pass rush is woeful. Right now those are the most likely positions that we will need to address in the first round next year. However if we are selecting in the teens and the top QB's and DE's are gone we will have to go in another direction perhaps a corner or RT.
                Thinking Rosen will have to be dreadfully bad for Phins to draft a QB

This staff knew they were going to make a deal to get Rosen

If they did not plan on making that trade they would have drafted Haskins

That means this staff thinks Rosen is better then Haskins and all QB's drafted after him

Black HC, black GM, with black QB sitting there and they roll dice with future trade?

Thinking they really like Rosen's potential in their system

I do not think the Phins are drafting QB in 2020 unless Rosen *blanks* the bed

Depending on draft position thinking DE Chase Young in their choice

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
                  HndRkyaBong34 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, Chase Young will be the pick. Plus, you don’t start fitz, you start Rosan day one and let him prove his worth.. If he shits the bed you go QB.. you don’t give a 2nd and 5th for 2nd year starter to sit on the bench..

• PhinPhan68
                  PhinPhan68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would be really happy if Phins got Chase Young

Think it depends on coaching staff on QB situation

Phins drafted RT 8th overall in 1st round

Had QB completion RT vs David Garrard

Garrard won and would have started the season

Think he slipped on his pool deck, never played again

Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
                (snipped)but still give me Iowa's AJ Espenesa. He will be the 2020 version of JJ Watt, mark my words.
                I just did. They need a LB as much as D-Line. IMO, if Rosen is the real deal, and the Fins have the 4th or worst pick, they need to go BPA for LB, O-line, O-Line, CB..etc
                They will have enough cap space to get a top, in his prime DT or DE in FA. They need to get young and GOOD on the O-LIne.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
                  For Phinatics, the NFL 2020 draft seems light years away. However, the media and mocks started before the 2019 draft even took place. For better or worse, it is the sign of the times and has been for some time.

So, to somewhat alleviate the summertime boredom, we have a thread to take a look at next years projections and opinions of what draft will hold in store for Miami. It may well be the most interesting, intriguing, and important draft in Dolphin history.

A CBS Mock to start:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...s-replacement/

They have Miami taking GA Soph QB Jake Fromm with the overall #1 pick. Seeing Phins #1 in many mocks.

Other TOP picks are QB's Tua and Herbert, DE's Chase Young and AJ Epenesa, and OT's Walker Little and Trey Adams.

Dolphins can do all kinds of stuff in this draft. In addition of the extra picks they have, they could end up trading Tunsil for a #1, X for a #1, and possibly Rosen for a #1 OR, none of the above. Could go QB, DE, LT or trade. CAN'T WAIT!!!

In the meantime, post some info, thoughts, and projections of what may be coming.
                  Ridiculous list. No Shak Quarterman, LB.. UMs defense will again be a top 5 defense. Funny, Tua has one good, not great game against a GREAT team with 3 defensive players chosen in the top 20...and all of a sudden Tua is chopped liver? Morons.
                  Last edited by IMAWriter; 05-25-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

BTW, I'll predict right now 5-6 of these guys won't even be on this list come the draft..but a couple others will be the usual Combine workout warriors and make it. Always happens, and reinforces my belief that crap like this is only out there to elicit CLICKS. Guilty as charged.
                    What next, the 2022 Mock?

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
                      You mean the same "analysts" that slavered all over Miami for trading to get Rosen are also picking us dead last at #32 overall in their power rankings and have us taking another QB #1 overall?

Alas, the dichotomies... lol...

If Rosen is the QB that Grier, Flores, and O'Shea thought he COULD BE when they traded a 2nd and 5th round pick for him, then he should easily beat out Fitzpatrick this summer in a fair QB competition and have more than modest improvement over his disastrous first season.

If he doesn't, then he's not the guy and we'll definitely be taking Tua, Fromm, etc... It's really as simple as that, so these guys are now flip-flopping on Rosen. Whatever.

And trade Tunsil??? Are you back on the kalik? lol...

Considering Tunsil is the only stalwart on the OL, you keep him, give Deiter two more seasons at OG, and draft a true RT next draft if you need to.

And with X getting locked up, I'd probably go DB at the top of the draft and use the bevy of other picks either on defense or in trades to net more picks for 2021....
                      Speaking for myself, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Rosen trade as a steal deal that had to be made. However, I still have QB at #1 for Miami next year, and will until Rosen proves we don't need one. I will do the same every year until we find "Our Savior."

As to Tunsil- I was NEVER on the "Bahama Drama Joy Juice" and have been thinking that DJ has now recruited you to his Kalik Klan. lol
                      Tunsil projects out to at least $18M a year. He had his first VG year but, is not yet at elite level. I don't know that I make that deal with this team. I would seriously consider a trade if we cannot come to terms this year. Grier said he really wanted to keep James as well.

X depends on Rosen, and where this team finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
                        Pulling so hard for Rosen this year. Actually pulling so hard for a good O line and the Rosen part will fall into place naturally. Don't want a QB that says his name is pronounced Tongavailoa when it is spelled Tagovailoa. Yeah, and Bruce Jenner is a woman.
                        I do believe Flores will create pressure more by schemes than individual pass rushing talents but still give me Iowa's AJ Espenesa. He will be the 2020 version of JJ Watt, mark my words.
                        Great point. QB name pronunciation has always been tops on my list as well in looking for a Franchise QB. :-)

Flores has no choice as he has little talent. I like AJ as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
                          BTW, I'll predict right now 5-6 of these guys won't even be on this list come the draft..but a couple others will be the usual Combine workout warriors and make it. Always happens, and reinforces my belief that crap like this is only out there to elicit CLICKS. Guilty as charged.
                          What next, the 2022 Mock?
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

I'm posting this one BEFORE DP does. :-)

Comment

• IMAWriter
                            IMAWriter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            hahah....sad fact, I think my played this way back in high school...

Originally posted by So Be View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

I'm posting this one BEFORE DP does. :-)
                          Before waiting until 2525 in a new body, I think I would rather become a Jets fan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X