Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tannehill or Flacco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tannehill or Flacco?

    Which QB would you rather have? Their stats are surprisingly similar.


    Tannehill - QB rating 80.1 - 59.5 comp% - 9 TD - 7 INT - YPG 269.2 - YPA 6.7

    Flacco - QB rating 80.1 - 62.3 comp% - 8 TD - 7 INT - YPG 267.5 - YPA 6.5

    This is not to say that Tannehill has played well since the only QB's with lower QB ratings are.

    Winston 77.6
    Foles 77.6
    Cousins 77.4
    Luck 75.0
    P.Manning 72.5
    Mallett 63.6


  • #2
    Everyone knows how I feel about Tannehill but not everyone knows how I feel about Flacco. I think if Flacco had this talented receiving group on the Ravens they wouldn't be doing so poorly this season. He can make all the throws on the field that is asked by an NFL quarterback especially the deep throws. However, I can't stand the guy. You happened to pick one of the quarterbacks who I loathe. He is the type of player that I would NOT want to play for the Dolphins, not because of his playing ability, but because of his selfishness. In my opinion he single-handedly destroyed the Ravens team by demanding such a big contract, so much so that the TEAM didn't have enough money to keep key players that help them win a Super Bowl. The Ravens didn't win the Super Bowl because of Flacco, they won despite of Flacco.

    So, even though I think Flacco is a much better quarterback then Tannehill I can't honestly say that I would want him on the Dolphins. Yes, he can make the throws that I wish Tannehill could make but at what price? Would I rather have a quarterback like Flacco but not have the money to sign anyone else that could help the team get to the playoffs? Gonna have to PASS on Flacco. (Pun Intended)

    Comment


    • #3
      Tannehill is younger cheaper and has legs. Tanehill all day long!
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Flacco and Tannehill are pretty much the same QB. Like Aqua said Tannehill is younger and a better athlete. I would take Tannehill. I think neither will be an elite QB, but can win with both if surrounded by the right players and used correctly.

        Here is something that was posted on Finheaven that was interesting yet not surprising. A series of Tweets from Chris Kouffman about how Al Saunders if working with Tannehill on the deep ball. It amazes me that the QB guru Zac Taylor has never worked with him on this....Hmmmm, maybe he shouldn't have the same under qualified QB coach for the last six years....

        chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 46m46 minutes ago
        Something that may be happening that's interesting is Al Saunders may be teaching Tannehill how to properly time a deep ball. Hilariously.

        Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 44m44 minutes ago
        Deep shot to Stills had different timing than usually see w/ Tannehill's deep ball, coincidentally was teaching point this week for Saunders

        Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 44m44 minutes ago
        What I find hilarious about this is the idea it takes this long for someone to set some rules on how a deep throw is supposed to be executed

        Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 43m43 minutes ago
        I've heard Chris Chambers related this week that Saunders has been emphasizing the QB should throw the ball w/ WR 10 yards beyond the LOS.

        Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 42m42 minutes ago
        That's exactly what Tannehill did with Stills this week, and that ball ended up placed PERFECTLY.

        Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 14m14 minutes ago
        The mere possibility that this is first time Tannehill's been authoritatively told to modify his deep ball timing this way...(shudder)

        Comment


        • cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          Got to give Stills credit as well. He did a really good job of getting off the LOS and beating his coverage on that play. Conversely, Tannehill and Stills hooked up for a 42 yard pass the previous game against the Bills as well. They are building something good. Go back and look at it. These 2 already have more ''deep'' ball chemistry that with Wallace, who sucked at adjustments and tracking the ball.

      • #5
        I personally think Flacco has a better arm than Tannehill, but to me the main difference between the two is that Flacco has all the confidence in his arm to make the downfield throw; he is never afraid to take the shot that can ultimately end in the HUGE play..To this point RT has almost always passed on taking that chance..If he develops the confidence in himself, starts letting the long ball fly & connecting on a few homeruns so to speak, it will do wonders for both his aggressiveness & the overall performance of our O...

        Comment


        • #6
          Right now, Flacco all day long..... He has balls and has more leadership qualities.. Not to mention he's 6' 6" and has a much stronger arm.. Did I mention more accurate as well... Hopefully RT improves over the rest of the season and possibly my opinion might change... Who has a SB ring????
          Last edited by HndRkyaBong34; 10-20-2015, 11:40 AM.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
            I think Flacco and Tannehill are pretty much the same QB. Like Aqua said Tannehill is younger and a better athlete. I would take Tannehill. I think neither will be an elite QB, but can win with both if surrounded by the right players and used correctly.

            Here is something that was posted on Finheaven that was interesting yet not surprising. A series of Tweets from Chris Kouffman about how Al Saunders if working with Tannehill on the deep ball. It amazes me that the QB guru Zac Taylor has never worked with him on this....Hmmmm, maybe he shouldn't have the same under qualified QB coach for the last six years....

            chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 46m46 minutes ago
            Something that may be happening that's interesting is Al Saunders may be teaching Tannehill how to properly time a deep ball. Hilariously.

            Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 44m44 minutes ago
            Deep shot to Stills had different timing than usually see w/ Tannehill's deep ball, coincidentally was teaching point this week for Saunders

            Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 44m44 minutes ago
            What I find hilarious about this is the idea it takes this long for someone to set some rules on how a deep throw is supposed to be executed

            Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 43m43 minutes ago
            I've heard Chris Chambers related this week that Saunders has been emphasizing the QB should throw the ball w/ WR 10 yards beyond the LOS.

            Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 42m42 minutes ago
            That's exactly what Tannehill did with Stills this week, and that ball ended up placed PERFECTLY.

            Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot · 14m14 minutes ago
            The mere possibility that this is first time Tannehill's been authoritatively told to modify his deep ball timing this way...(shudder)
            Your post really bothers me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a nobody in the football world. I know nothing compared to the people who are employed by the NFL, College Football, etc. But, this nobody has been saying for YEARS that we need to FIRE Mike Sherman's son-in-law and get a REAL NFL caliber QB coach into Miami to teach him the mechanics because he just isn't getting it. I always thought it was unfair that he was STUCK with Taylor, even after Philbin came to town. I was really hoping there would be a change when he was hired. Hopefully Taylor will be going back to the college ranks next season. I made mention on how Tannehill through what I believed to be his FIRST NFL PASS that had ARC on it last Sunday! Maybe Saunders should be a pay raise to stay in Miami to help Tannehill get to the next level.

            Comment


            • #8
              I agree with Shane and Aqua... between those 2, it's Tannehill... though I still don't get the point of threads like this...

              Let's just hope we can continue to improve the pass protection and keep Tannehill healthy and progressively improving.

              Comment


              • #9
                I am dubious that this is the first time someone worked with Tannehill on the deep ball. I know Chris well so no disrespect, but it was known that Marino was working with him on it last year. Perhaps Stills has more speed and actually caught up to t he ball this time.

                Comment


                • cuchulainn
                  cuchulainn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And as I pointed out previously, Tannehill hit Stills for a 42 yarder in the Bills game. Well, before any changes or Saunders was brought in. Tannehill and Stills have better chemistry already that with our previous speed guy. Stills has better skills with the ball in the air IMO.

              • #10
                Originally posted by Finatic View Post
                I am dubious that this is the first time someone worked with Tannehill on the deep ball. I know Chris well so no disrespect, but it was known that Marino was working with him on it last year. Perhaps Stills has more speed and actually caught up to t he ball this time.
                Don't know that Stills is any faster than Wallace but he definitely tracks the ball better.
                While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

                Comment


                • cuchulainn
                  cuchulainn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely... and has better hands and attacks the ball. He's not passive and maintains his speed as he tracks it. He also knows how to cushion his sideline routes. I gave a breakdown on that play yesterday I think.

                • Wulf
                  Wulf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stills also seems to be more of a team player, willing to do whatever is best for the team!

                • Dolfan1
                  Dolfan1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a fact Wulf. No love for Wallace here my friend.

              • #11
                I am sure he has been worked with but it seems Chris is talking about the approach. Saunders is a gruff old school type of coach, and Taylor is well, he's ummmmm just not qualified.

                Here is how I see it happening;

                Taylor - Ryan, hey you need to look at releasing the ball a little earlier and putting more arch on it allowing the receiver to run under it. I mean that is if you feel like it, if not I am sure the receivers can adjust.

                Saunders - Tannehill, throw the GD ball as soon as the ****ing receiver hits the 10 yard mark and put some GD arch on it. If you don't I am going to rip off your head and **it down your GD neck.

                Comment


                • Driven_Phinsane!
                  Driven_Phinsane! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol, hey - whatever works, right?!

              • #12
                Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
                I am sure he has been worked with but it seems Chris is talking about the approach. Saunders is a gruff old school type of coach, and Taylor is well, he's ummmmm just not qualified.

                Here is how I see it happening;

                Taylor - Ryan, hey you need to look at releasing the ball a little earlier and putting more arch on it allowing the receiver to run under it. I mean that is if you feel like it, if not I am sure the receivers can adjust.

                Saunders - Tannehill, throw the GD ball as soon as the ****ing receiver hits the 10 yard mark and put some GD arch on it. If you don't I am going to rip off your head and **it down your GD neck.
                LOVING the ATTITUDE! Especially the "no-quit" philosophy...
                We've spent YEARS playing not to lose, and going "prevent" with a small lead, just to LOSE games we SHOULD have won!

                Comment


                • Daytona Dolfan
                  Daytona Dolfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ain't that the truth. My wife got tired of me yelling at the screen "NO F*$KING PREVENT!!! ATTACK THE DAMN BALL"

              • #13
                Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
                I am sure he has been worked with but it seems Chris is talking about the approach. Saunders is a gruff old school type of coach, and Taylor is well, he's ummmmm just not qualified.

                Here is how I see it happening;

                Taylor - Ryan, hey you need to look at releasing the ball a little earlier and putting more arch on it allowing the receiver to run under it. I mean that is if you feel like it, if not I am sure the receivers can adjust.

                Saunders - Tannehill, throw the GD ball as soon as the ****ing receiver hits the 10 yard mark and put some GD arch on it. If you don't I am going to rip off your head and **it down your GD neck.

                Wrong... Saunders had nothing to do with it. And here's proof. lol...

                Comment

                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X