Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 NFL Mock Drafts- CBS Sports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ade-up-for-qb/

Here's a CBS mock draft from yesterday. They are saying pretty much what posted earlier. With Murray, they have 4 QB's going top 11, I had 4 going top ten, and they have the Dolphins getting Greedy with the #13 pick. 13. Miami Dolphins

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU. With four quarterbacks already off the board, the Dolphins bolster their secondary. Williams may not be the most polished cornerback in this draft class but he is insanely athletic and has all the tools to become a great playe
    Last edited by So Be; 01-17-2019, 12:31 PM.

He won't be there at 13. But if he is, I take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

This mock does not mean much but, one thing to notice is the run on Edge rushers, which is showing up everywhere. CBS, and many others, have 5 guys on the Edge going before we pick. IMO, the #6 Edge rusher in this draft is, in no way, the BPA at #13 over any one of the 3 CB's. I also cannot see going inside, on D or O, at #13 in this draft.

There are 3 VG CB's, in Murphy, Greedy, and Baker, in this draft, and not one everyone likes best. However, drafting a CB at #13 is looking very strong early as the best value pick, other than maybe trading down for more picks.

Comment

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        We HAVE to hope Grier and Allen can get a couple of mid to late round picks for Parker (if he can be traded) and McDonald. They must have more than 7, as Grier's "on base %" is not exactly HOF worthy. I'm hoping 9 picks.

• So Be
        So Be commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm looking for picks for Jones, Quinn, and maybe Tannehill and Stills. We can trade Parker, same as the Landry type deal but, doubtful on takers.

Originally posted by Finatic View Post
      He won't be there at 13. But if he is, I take him in a heartbeat.
      I have no idea if he will but, do see similarities of the same with Fitz last year, mostly the 4 QB's. The other two top QB's are really good as well. It's VERY early but, CB is my #1 pick.

Greedy kinda reminds me of Derwin James last year.

Comment

• Finatic
        Finatic commented
        Editing a comment
        Only teams ahead of us need QBs are Giants and Jags. I think Greedy is held in higher regard as a DB than Fitz was. Probably rated the highest corner in the draft. Top 10 pick, most likely top 5 or 7.

FWIW, it may be good to post any mock draft you want to discuss up on this one thread, if ya like.

Comment

If they are not making a move for a QB then get the best OL out there. Until the QB and trenches are fixed any other pick is plain stupid.

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          I like CB first...3 games the Fins lost due to getting abused back there...and no pass rush. With the possibility that it could be very poor QB play, I'd go defense, if only to strengthen the potentially better of the 2 units, and give Flores a chance to show what he can do. JMO...YMMV!

3 round mock

1- Miami trade spots with Cincy giving them Tanehill and select Greedy at the 11th spot.

2- Miami trades spots with Cardinals giving them a 7th and Jakeem who played for Kingsbury at TT and select OT Cody Ford who projects to be a Guard in the NFL.

3- Gerald Willis DT, known to have a checkered past but has been solid as a player plus Flores convinces Grier of the Patriot way of taking on such challenge. Also his brother is Landon Collins so blood flows in the family.
        Last edited by AquaXI; 01-17-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          I think #1 would be great...but I cannot see the bengals paying ther Red popgun 20+ million, and Tannehill 10+ million...unless Tannenbaum is hired over there. haha

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree, Dalton would have to be traded and I don’t see another team but being that Taylor is the HC soon you never know how he feels.

Greedy won't be there at #13. We can draft a corner later on or sign one in free agency. We have so many needs we can go in any number of directions with our first pick. I think we need to fortify the trenches with somebody like DT Christian Wilkins or take a premier pass rusher like montez sweat.

Comment

• So Be
          So Be commented
          Editing a comment
          The same was said , throughout the preseason last year, on Fitz, James, and Edmunds. Yet, all 3 were there at #11.

Regardless, I like any one of the 3 CB's over DT. More value, a tuffer position to fill, and there are never any worth a damn in FA, without a HUGE price tag.

Originally posted by so be View Post
        https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ade-up-for-qb/

here's a cbs mock draft from yesterday. They are saying pretty much what posted earlier. With murray, they have 4 qb's going top 11, i had 4 going top ten, and they have the dolphins getting greedy with the #13 pick. 13. Miami dolphins

greedy williams, cb, lsu. with four quarterbacks already off the board, the dolphins bolster their secondary. Williams may not be the most polished cornerback in this draft class but he is insanely athletic and has all the tools to become a great player
        yesssssssss!!!!

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          "The Los Angeles Chargers selected James in the first round (17th overall) in the 2018 NFL Draft. James was the second safety drafted in 2018, behind Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick (11th overall, Miami Dolphins).[24]

2018 season
          James entered training camp slated as the starting strong safety,
          ----
          STRONG SAFETY...NOT free safety, as you'd expect Minkah to be deployed. So, why, you ask yourself, didnt the Dolphins platoon Jones and McDonald (which would have pissed Jones off), and play Minkah at his given position, instead of platooning Minkah? Fitz should have played every logical play on defense. Yet, the Fins sit their 1st round draft pick, a guy acknowledged to be smarter, and harder worker than either Jones or McDonald. Watch how greg Williams deploys the Jets Buster Skrine.
          Draft a corner, the secondary is "FIXtzed."

I would be taking a hard look at Jalen Jelks out of Oregon. This kid is nuts..

Comment

Bucky Brooks has 2 QBs off the board before our pick, Haskins and Lock (at 6 and 7) but says we take a DE, Louisiana Tech's Jaylon Ferguson.
          After gathering intel at the Senior Bowl this week, Bucky Brooks reveals his first mock draft of 2019. He projects four QBs to come off the board in Round 1, starting with the Giants at No. 6.

Comment

Fools will find out that whomever drafts Gerald Willis from the Miami Hurricanes is going to get another Vince Woolfork...that can penetrate. They also seem to disregard Drew Lock's lousy completion % against REAL teams...51% this season. He piles up the stats against directional schools.
            If Brooks is correct regarding the Dolphins...Edge rusher, what does that say about Chas Harris...??? Probably what some of us said draft day...WHO???
            Another wasted 1st round pick. McMillan is close to playing like a 2nd rounder, but there were better choices later in the draft. Seems like to me the inside defense of the Dophins really sucked...they couldn't disengage, couldn't penetrate, and certainly couldn't stop the run. Other than THAT......

Comment

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              "...other than THAT, how did you enjoy the play?"

The Secondary is serviceable as long we bolster the D line. DE, should be the 1st rd pick and the next 2 should be D line as well. After that OL and a late rd Sleeper WR..

Comment

• IMAWriter
              IMAWriter commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember this comment earlier, Ricky. Respectfully (well, not really but it SOUNDS good...haha) 1st round worthy CB..if there IS one, would totally solidify the secondary...after the new guy gats half a season under his belt.
              I'd next go D-Line/DE or Guard...or Tackle. Really good receivers can be had in the 6-7th round, or UFA. Julian Edelman, round 7, and you and I can name a dozen more.. guys like Chris Hogan, who just shut up and PLAY.

• HndRkyaBong34
              HndRkyaBong34 commented
              Editing a comment
              How many draft picks have we wasted on DB’s over the years.. Ever since Sean smith and Grandma’s baby they never stick.. Bolsters the D line and the current secondary will get a lot better..stop doing the same thing over and over again..

X? Remember HIM?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X