Dan Campbell - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Campbell - 2016

Some of you are really excited about this past Sunday's victory and are wanting Dan Campbell to be the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins next season.

I just have a couple questions for you guys who want him to be the next head coach.

Who do you think Campbell will bring into Miami to help this team become a playoff caliber team?

To my knowledge he only has 5 years of NFL experience, all with the Dolphins, so does this mean that Campbell will just keep the same coaches that we've been stuck with for years?

I don't think Campbell has many ties to big named OC's or DC's and if he did would they want to be a coordinator for a first time head coach who got promoted by default and rather quickly.

I am not trying to pee in anyone's Cherrios, I am just trying to be realistic and ask some questions about Campbell possibly retaining his current job.

Your Thoughts?

One game at a time. Yes, I loved what I saw yesterday but he still has 11 games to prove himself.
    While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

If Campbell can continue to field a team like yesterday and can win at least 8 games (9-7) then I believe he deserves strong consideration for the HC position. He may not know a lot of the big named OC or DC's but he probably has contacts with a lot of good position coaches throughout the league. To be honest, I don't know if I want that big name. I would rather have someone with a big heart that understands X's & O's and can relate to the players. We have a young team, they need leadership they can relate to. They need to feed off that emotion.

Just my opinion......

Comment

I agree it is early to hand him the baton, BUT...this hypothetical you give assumes he has a high enough level of success to win the job. So now you are talking Miami being a playoff team. If you are a playoff team then why would you change anyone? And if he did change someone, many assistants I think would want to come for a young talented playoff team that is having fun and a dynamic young head coach. Never under estimate what winning AND having a positive culture can do to attract players and coaches.

Comment

It is way too early to start thinking he is the future HC of Miami. Honestly I would love for Miami to play well enough that he gets a shot because I love his attitude and the way he wants them to play I love.

You know I am all about building the staff, which is why I am not a fan of college coaches unless they have NFL ties. While Campbell has a short resume as a coach he does have ties. Using the Parcels connection he is like the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon game. I actually think if he ended up getting the gig he would keep a certain amount of the current staff. I think there is an obvious connection between he and Rizzi, and wouldn't be upset to keep Lazor if his play calling is like yesterday more often.

Comment

Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
            It is way too early to start thinking he is the future HC of Miami. Honestly I would love for Miami to play well enough that he gets a shot because I love his attitude and the way he wants them to play I love.

You know I am all about building the staff, which is why I am not a fan of college coaches unless they have NFL ties. While Campbell has a short resume as a coach he does have ties. Using the Parcels connection he is like the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon game. I actually think if he ended up getting the gig he would keep a certain amount of the current staff. I think there is an obvious connection between he and Rizzi, and wouldn't be upset to keep Lazor if his play calling is like yesterday more often.
            I get where you're going there. As you probably already know, I just can't stand Parcells and think he made a name for himself because of Belichick, not the other way around like many think. It's just my opinion. I think Parcells is overrated and I don't share the respect that many have for him. Also, I don't like how he left the Dolphins so he is in the same league as Saban to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

I get where you're going there. As you probably already know, I just can't stand Parcells and think he made a name for himself because of Belichick, not the other way around like many think. It's just my opinion. I think Parcells is overrated and I don't share the respect that many have for him. Also, I don't like how he left the Dolphins so he is in the same league as Saban to me.
              Parcells, Saban, and JJ are our three biggest hire's over the years and I have zero respect or use for anyone of them. Did not like Parcells or JJ when we hired them and Satan had me fooled until he left us high and dry. Shame on me for that.

Comment

I have to admit that Jimmy Johnson was the ONE head coach that I actually was excited about and had hope that he would be the Dolphins head coach for many years to come. That obviously didn't happen and I haven't liked any head coach that they have hired since. I am still waiting. After watching Hard Knocks Dan Campbell was the ONLY coach that stood out to me and I will admit that I was really impressed with him. I never in a million years thought he would end up being the Dolphins head coach, or any teams head coach, for MANY years to come. He's the man now so I wish him well because I do love his fire and the way he talks to the players.

Comment

Lets see how the season plays out. It was only one game so we need to see how we perform in the remaining 11 games. It was shocking to see how inspired we played after what we saw the first 4 games so obviously the players responded to him but we need to see what happens for the rest of the season. Remember how inspired we played for Philbin after his father died before the Chargers game last year and we never saw the same inspiration again. So lets just see how the rest of the season plays out then we should have a better idea if we want Dan Campbell to be our HC going forward.

Comment

• cuchulainn
                    cuchulainn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What I recall is how well we played whenever Philbin wasn't involved in the game planning... Raiders, Chargers, now Titans...

Jimmy was a great college coach and a very good talent evaluator which made him a good GM but IMHO he was NOT a good NFL head coach. He rode the Hershel Walker trade into two Superbowl titles, something I felt anyone could do with that many draft picks. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X