Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phins HOFer Jason Taylor: Gase Deserved A 4th Year.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phins HOFer Jason Taylor: Gase Deserved A 4th Year.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...miami-dolphins

Obviously, I agree. JT has no reason in the world to say anything he does not believe, no hidden agenda, no saying something for the team. He just believes that Gase shoulda stayed. I did not pay him to agree with me but, glad he did.

I think it will come back to haunt us, I would’ve been fine with one more year my only complaint well is he put all his eggs in one basket with Tannehill. He should’ve drafted a rcapable quarterback every year until we found someone better or someone to really challenge him , He relied on Cutler and Osweiler big mistake

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      EVERYBODY comes back to haunt "us." Maybe for the 2019 season, the Jets have a "better" QB..in place...though the Dolphins proved otherwise in 2 games. My scenario is Darnold dinks and dunks the first 4 games..If the Fins play them early, that will be enough to beat a veteran depleted Dolphin team. By mid season, the Dolphins will be ready for the Jets and will soundly defeat them..home or away. The Jets go 8-8, and they celebrate in NY, proclaiming "we're on our way. The reality sets in, circa 2020. There is absolutely ZERO reason to think, considering all the turmoil in the locker room and friction with Ross that Gase should have been retained. Taylor was on the outside, not a daily locker room presence.

I agree but am now onto Flores. Gotta love a guy who was born on the wrong side yet his humble roots and the support of his blue collar parents kept him on the straight and narrow. From the projects to the SB winning franchise and bringing all that to Miami to not only change the Cultire but represent as among his players! I hope he excels and has a long Career with us.

Comment

No. Just no.
      Can we sign this guy?

Comment

Wasn't Taylor a jet?

Comment

Somebody already mentioned Gase bringing Burke to New York with him. Yeah right. Here's a great opportunity to prove most everyone in Miami wrong; that he is an offensive genius and that Burke was a good decision. He'll have a much better chance with Darnold at QB and the Jets, you would think, will pick a DC for him. Gregg Williams is a strong candidate for that job I hear.
          I know if Gase gets off to a good start in New York there will be those that whine we should have kept him but his new QB and DC will have a lot to do with that and those were not going to change here.
          In the end both sides benefitted from this separation.

​​​

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            Who picked his DC and QB in Miami?

I was all in on giving Gase 5 years to turn this mess around. However, by keeping the play calling duties and perhaps, some of his personnel moves, he was in over his head here. I can't really say I'm upset to see him gone but I think for at least this year you can go ahead and mark the 2 stej games as L's. I have a feeling that his team is going to be really up for those games.

I wish him well in the future, except against the Dolphins.

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            His refusal to delegate responsibilities, or to bring in capable assistants was his downfall with me. The only halfway decent assistant was Rizzi, and HE was here long before Gase arrived...

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Interestingly, I think it would be the DOLPHINS with more to prove, who will be UP....especially those players who felt Gase platooned them poorly...Drake, Grant..and if he was still a Dolphin, GORE. Gore was disrespected, often pulled from the game after getting 30-35 yards of the drive himself. Then, inside the 10 yard line, Gase pulls Gore. Over and over. BTW, Damian Williams having a very nice season...and Grier wouldn't pay him 2 million.

IF Gase showed signs of IMPROVEMENT, I might agree. The play calling was suspect, clock management was horrific, and his roster seemed to remain THIN, How many seasons do key players get injured, and we don't question why that was happening? Tannehill continued his BAD tendencies, (when not injured) and our backup QB situation remained a joke. If nothing but the importing of Cutler and Osweiller, he deserved to be fired...

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            THREE years with TOTAL control of staff, roster, and play-calling, and he fields a team like the one that was HUMILIATED in Buffalo, parted with talented skill players like Ajayi and Landry, without seeming to have a plan for replacing them, AND with little compensation, to boot...

• stillhardcore
            stillhardcore commented
            Editing a comment
            Wulf, those have been my exact sentiments concerning Gase. Last year I thought bringing in Cutler may not be a bad idea PROVIDED he wasn't over-paid (he was) and it was a legitimate training camp competition between him and Moore (it wasn't). I thought as a HC you had to set the example that when #1 goes down, #2 HAS TO STEP UP, not if #1 goes down, we immediately start looking for a new #2. I thought Moore deserved at least a training camp shot to be the starter last year.

Also, Gase's play-calling and clock-management sucked several times last year during crucial moments. I'm not buying into that every time we play the Jets now, Gase will crush us like some on here. Yes, I think Gase will be highly motivated to win those 2 games, but every player on the field wants to win too, INCLUDING left-over Dolphins with an axe to grind on Gase!

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on both comments

IMO, a case could be made either way for Adam Gase getting one more year in Miami..but at the end of the day, what difference does it make?! He wasn't going to magically turn this train-wreck around, so after another disastrous season next year, we'd be having this same conversation!

To me his act grew old in a hurry; in the end, all he was imo was an arrogant, egotistical, boorish prick..kind of a Bill Bellicheat minus the wins & championships..

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            Too true, it seemed he regressed each season, rather than growing.

The difference is/was that Ross said he would be fired only for a SUBSTANTIAL UPGRADE, and John Harbaugh, McCarthy, and Pete Carrol (at the time) were all fine with me. Ross, yet again, proves his incompetence as a NFL owner in firing his best option without having another one in place. Watch us do the same with Tannehill.

It's like he is making decisions as a fan, and not business decisions as an owner. He has been nothing but a problem, with a big mouth, since he bought the team.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
            Driven_Phinsane! commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, I guess the expectation of a back-up plan would be asking too much..

• stillhardcore
            stillhardcore commented
            Editing a comment
            On the plus-side, Ross puts his money where his mouth is, but he seems to not carefully weigh "best option available" when it comes to the Dolphins. This Flores hire (if it happens) may be a brilliant hire, or it may just be a lateral move. Will be very interesting (and key to success), as to who Flores brings along with him for OC/DC. Let's hope for some talent there, too.

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Grier, and his new toady Allen (a "friend" working as an assistant for the Bills) will continue the incompetence in the draft. A year from now, If they prove otherwise, I'll be the first to post my "I was wrong" thing.

The culture of this team has gone bad. The players soured on Gase and his ego. It was all bad culture for a man who tried to change the culture. He forgot to address his own. There was nothing left to do really. The players wouldn't play for him. The team couldn't win. It was all bad.

Comment

• AquaXI
            AquaXI commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess you can be an ass ala belicheck and still have the respect of the team but Gase was an ass ala ass and lost the respect of the team.

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            AQ, RESPECT...that's the word. Apparently Belicheat is not "beloved", but he sure is respected...or players would take 60 cents on the NFL dollar to play there.

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            Ima hit it on the head! RESPECT has nothing to do with LIKING somebody.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X