Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flores to be coach

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...&sf205832225=1

Isn't Tom too old? Hell, is he still alive?

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      They'd be LUCKY to get TOM Flores.

• So Be
      So Be commented
      Editing a comment
      Spanish guy in Miami would never work.

Well, Rappaport just made it official...the Dolphins will lose a 2nd round draft choice for tampering.

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Wulf, I wasn't aware the Pats had given the DOLPHINS permission to negotiate? Rules say they CAN'T, far as I know. If so, the deal would have already been done. The fact Belicheat gave permission for Flores to interview seems like maybe Flores is expendable. Of course, to Belicheat, EVERYONE, including Brady and Gronk are expendable. And yet players stay with the Pats for 60 cents on the dollar, compared to teams the perennially overspend, like YOUR MIAMI DOLPHINS. While the Dolphins draft guys like Landry and Howard. Olivier Vernon, etc the Patriots draft or trade for guys whose main objective is to be the best teammate they can be...which leads to winning. I'll be curious to see how Minkah deals with the Dolphins in 2-3 more years.

• Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn't aware that Miami HAD attempted to negotiate with Flores yet...
      Wouldn't they have to make him some kind of offer, to be considered tampering?

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Wulfie, you don't think someone from the Dolphins "accidentally ran into Flores' agent at a Ruth's Chris somewhere? Every network reporter was on the story...why? because the value for his client is immediately elevated. The "deal"...including money is DONE. They will hem and haw a couple days to keep Goodell's dogs at bay. Thing is, seems like with Ross, money never seems to be a problem.....especially when it comes to those undeserving of the salary. "The Dolphins Way."

I’ve been lightly studying his style albeit on YouTube and he is as Belichick in that more stoic than firey. I wanted Richard but maybe it would be better to have a Flores type leadership as to follow the success of the Patriot way. He will definitely garner the respect of our players with his evenkeeled personality. I am warming up to a decision that is not in my control.

Comment

• Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      Ima, in all fairness, I don't recall ANYBODY screaming for a QB who had only started 20 or so games at the position...

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah we were all screaming QB. When I heard our QB was a WR converted to QB I was hesitant but hopefully. Too bad after 2 season most of realized he sucked and was lost in the NFL except for the Front Office and Coaches.

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Jeg is absolutely correct. After Henne, it was nothing but DRAFT A QB on the Herald, and every forum. The FO had no choice.

I would have preferred the Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy. The Andy Reid coaching tree has been very successful.
    Last edited by FTLDOLFAN; 1 week ago.

Comment

Any chance Flores can steal Scarnecchia from the Pats?

Comment

The list of coaching candidates was pretty thin, not to mention pretty pathetic..Hell, the prospect of coaching the Miami Dolphins was probably more pathetic & the number of people who wanted the job could probably be counted off on a couple of fingers...But Brian Flores??? C'Mon Man, is that the best you could come up with??!!!

In case anyone's interested, the apples that have fallen off the Bellicheat coaching tree have ALL been rotten!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...coaching-tree/

Comment

Seems like another silly hire. It's like Miami is scared to go after a qualified coach with experience.

Comment

Yeah, I can't even say that Flores sounds the the best of a bad bunch...I guess we can always hold out hope that eventually one of these no-name guys we hire will become the next big name HC, but as the old saying goes "Wish in one hand, shit in the other & see which fills up first!"

Comment

While Flores is the front runner, no agreement can be official until the Pats are out of the playoffs and, from multiple sources, no deal is in place.

From Forbes Magazine, covering football through a Patriots lens.

Comment

Now, if the Chargers will just BEAT the Pats, we can start getting our staff together...

Comment

• IMAWriter
                  IMAWriter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wulfie, ain't gonna happen. In fact, I have $750 in bogus "SoBe bucks" riding on just that! haha

• Wulf
                  Wulf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I know, the odds of NE losing IN NE are very slim, even more so in the playoffs.
                  (No wonder so many people are suspicious of them...)

I'm hoping for a reprive and another coach.

Comment

We’re screwed! Again! Let Rizzi and Grier handle this shit for 2019 season and go after McArthy and McKenzie for the 2020 Draft and beyond.. what a joke this shit show has become..smh..

Comment

Hell, the Pats will probably win the Super Bowl, give Flores an extra SB ring as he's leaving and tell him to give it to his new team & tell 'em that's as close to a Championship ring they're ever gonna get!

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
                      HndRkyaBong34 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m laughing and crying simultaneously...ha!

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
                    I would have preferred the Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy. The Andy Reid coaching tree has been very successful.
                    What we DON'T exactly know is what conditions were presented to these candidates., I'll guess guys like Bieniemy, being far more advanced career-wise than Flores or Richard balked at being powerless, knowing Chris Grier's ultimate power. Don't think these guys don't know all about the "Dolphin Way"...draft the 3rd best guy, even when the other 2 are available. These coaches have competed against the Dolphins, and come in with agendas. I'll guess Eric wanted too much. He already has a great gig with a possible SB participant.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X