• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyler Murray could be Kris Richards top pick

Great read

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/...-kyler-murray/

1. Miami Dolphins – No. 13 overall

Here’s what we do know about the Miami Dolphins. Gone is head coach Adam Gase. So, too, is long-term QB Ryan Tannehill. When owner Stephen Ross introduced general manager Chris Grier as his new football czar, Ross talked about how the Dolphins needed to do business differently.

This team is committed to a rebuild. They’re going to have a rookie coach and potentially a rookie quarterback…this team will have time to absorb the growing pains that a player like Murray will need to endure.

Also worth noting? The current favorite to land the Dolphins gig (according to some on the beat) is Dallas Cowboys’ Kris Richard, who comes off of the Pete Carroll coaching tree. Richard, Dallas’ defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator, spent seven years in Seattle prior to arriving in Dallas. That, of course, means he’s spent a lot of time around Russell Wilson, a player that Kyler Murray is going to draw comparisons to by his supporters.

Connect the dots. Miami is a team sorely lacking in star power. It is committed to a long-term build and can absorb the ebbs and flows of a rookie gunslinger. And shoot, owner Stephen Ross even advocated for the Dolphins to draft Lamar Jackson when the team had a trade offer to move back last April…so the top honcho is receptive to mobile Heisman Trophy winners.

Will it be a "rookie coach" or a retread?

Comment

my only concern is that Kyler Murrary is a great athlete, but he's small....like 5'8 small. How is he going to see over a 6'8 linemen? For all the comparison to Russell Wilson can't be made, as Wilson was 6'0 and same with Mayfield...

That 4 inches is huge in a collapsing pocket.

Comment

• Aquaaiea
        Aquaaiea commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s my only concern but also why he might land to us at 13. At 6ft he’d be gone by the 3rd pick. Double edged sword.
        Last edited by Aquaaiea; 1 week ago.

Murray is 5'10" from what a I see, signed a baseball contract with a $5M bonus, and is now considering being a bi-sportual (made that word up) athlete and declaring for the draft. No team is gonna take a little guy who plays baseball in the first round. NO BO Here, please move on.

If Miami does, I'm following Gase. LOL

Comment

Are you kidding me? Murray will not be there at #13. There are at least three teams ahead of us who need QBs. He is considered one of the top two available. I believe we go best OL or DT.

Comment

After not making the jump up to draft Josh Rosen, we may end up with a 2nd crack at him this year. There is speculation that Kliff Kingsbury may covet Little Flutie's (Kyler Murray- 5'7" is what I've heard from people who have stood next to him) style of play over what he has in Josh Rosen. I don't believe it myself but let's just say it's true.
          The Cardinals could select Murray and put Rosen on the block. I am still split on Rosen. The guy will surgically dissect a defense if kept very clean. The problem is when he is not kept clean. I'm sure if the Dolphins did make a move for Rosen they'd also be darn sure to build a wall around him. I could see a Jon Harbaugh type of coach being confident with Rosen.
          Either way it makes Kyler Murray a real wildcard in the draft for us. I would have drafted Doug Flutie out of college so... I mean we had 6'4 Tannehill and 6'8 Osweiler who both struggled to keep balls off the hands of defensive linemen. I wouldn't put Murray in Gase's offense that's for sure. The question is, can we afford to gamble in round #1 on a little QB that may only have small, tight pockets to throw from early in his career? Which then makes one ask if we wouldn't destroy Rosen's confidence by getting hit too much the first couple of years.
          I'm really torn about drafting a QB in round #1 this year. Just glad it won't be Tannehill. Oh God please don't let it be Tannehill.
          Last edited by kelbail2.2; 1 week ago.

Comment

Pat White Part II. No, a 1000 times NO as to Murray....why is it not said "it's the system!!" They say that at NE, they say that at Oregon, and a dozen other college teams. They play ZERO defense in Big 12. Mayfield has much better mechanics, and had several good seasons.
            As to Rosen, I posted a while back a description by a friend (not an expert) describing Rosen as gun shy, and not able to handle a pass rush. Add to that his injury history and his "supposed" issues attitudinally, and I'd say lets not get damaged goods.

Comment

• Aquaaiea
              Aquaaiea commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like your Shurmer in the late rounds pick. What say we trade back to the 20s and draft Jones from Duke then double up with a Shurmer in the 6th? I’d then take the best guard 2nd round then 3,4,5,7 can be devoted to Dfense?

IMO Murray is not half the QB Russell Wilson was coming out of college, and because Wilson was listed at 5'11" he wasn't taken until the third round. If Wilson would have been 6'2" or more he'd have been the second pick in the 2012 draft. While Murray is an amazing athlete he is not even close to what a top QB. I wouldn't touch him til the third. The kisd should go play baseball. I heard he's going to have to give back his $40m bonus.

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/n...l-report-says/

Here's a VG read on the Murray situation. His agent Scott Boras expects him to play baseball this year. He may do so, and go back to Oklahoma as QB as well. Many options.

However, last direct quote from 5' 7",8", 9", 10", and 11" Murray, like 3 weeks ago, was that he wanted to play both baseball and football. Works for Bo or Neon but, not for a QB. Based on that, who takes him in the first?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X