No announcement yet.

Gase to the Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that Gase and Joseph are gonna do very well, and that we will regret this move. Damn, wish he woulda gone to Cleveland. This is gonna be TUFF to take.

Comment

Gase may do a better job next time around and it's unfortunate it might be with the Jets but he had to be fired. He failed in every aspect on his first go round. Today was great radio in the tri-state area
      The big issue is a lot of these first time failures NEED to step back into a coordinators job and realize what they did good and bad and reevaluate for next time.Gase was fired because he failed but now he is blaming Ross for being stupid and Tanny for sucking so he might be even more arrogant and cocky.

Comment

I agree with SoBe that Gase will own us till we Reorganize and grow down the road with a QB stud.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
          I believe that Gase and Joseph are gonna do very well, and that we will regret this move. Damn, wish he woulda gone to Cleveland. This is gonna be TUFF to take.
          This is where I'm at...

- Stej fans should be happy. Gase was 5-1 against them.
          - Gase finally got away from Ross' meddling and telling him who he can hire and should draft.
          - Ross saddled him and Vance with the Wide 9 Defense as that was Ross' big acquisition request when he signed Suh.
          - Gase has a healthy 2nd year QB in Darnold to groom and a really good defense.
          - Vance can run his natural defense the way Wade Phillips taught him.
          - Gase is petty. He was pissed at Quinn from the SB loss and made the statement that Quinn would never beat him again, then we went into Atlanta and beat the Falcons as heavy underdogs.
          - Would suck to see Gase and Darnold replace Bellichick and Brady as owning the division going into the next decade.

Was hoping Gase would get hired in Cleveland or end up the OC in Detroit.

Comment

• Wulf
            Wulf commented
            Editing a comment
            I think some people blame Ross for far too many of this team's problems...
            He wanted Suh? So did alot of fans...
            As Gase is still clueless as to working the clock, I'm not overly concerned with him...

• cuchulainn
            cuchulainn commented
            Editing a comment
            ???

Ross absolutely screwed up the FO and the coaching staffs for all 3 previous hires. That's not even speculation. He cuckolded Sparano for Jim Harbaugh. Took away GM role from Ireland for Philbin. Let Philbin hire his own GM in Hickey. Hired Tbaum and let him dictate contracts and over rule new GM, Grier... Had everyone in the FO and the coaches siloed and reporting directly to him. Went out and insisted on bringing in Suh and part of getting Suh here was letting him dictate the Defense "Wide 9". Ross refused to let Gase hire Vic Fangio cause he wanted young coaches and wanted guys who would mesh with Suh. Brought in lame duck DC, Vance Joseph and defacto heir, Burke...

Unless Ross has really turned stuff over Grier and is now staying out of the way and sticking to real estate, the issues will continue as long as he meddles.

Boy you guys have allot more faith in a .500 coach than i do. I'm literally seeing jets fans weeping in the streets in NJ and radio host s going ape shit on the green owners. It's quite a lovely day here in northern NJ

Comment

• JEGnj
            JEGnj commented
            Editing a comment
            Between 10-10:15 Joe B was must listen to. Adam Friken Gase. Why because he beat Bowel 4 out of 5 times. Adam Friken Gase.

He was in over his head in Miami and he’ll be in over his head in NY... But now he has to deal Jet fans, which I kinda feel sorry for the guy.ha!

Comment

Today, Colin Cowherd proclaimed Gase...here we go again, Kyle Shannahan BEFORE Kyle Shannahan.

Gase will win 8-9 games, as the Fins will be nothing, the Bills, Meh, and Brady will look 42. Gase smiling after he was fired makes me think the Jets had already made their move...the last 2 Fins games were real stinkers...

Comment

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              They looked like a JV squad the last 2 games! A very BAD JV team...

I still wonder where Joseph will land. I HOPE he ends up somewhere NOT in the AFC East, and that he does well.
            If Gase continues his pattern of hiring weak assistants, I won't give the STEJ a second thought, except MAYBE to feel sorry for Darnold...

Comment

• IMAWriter
              IMAWriter commented
              Editing a comment
              Darnold...? Wrong colors, it's guys like Wake, Zach (who is HOF ignored every year), and YES, #17 I feel empathy for. OUR guys. At least the great Larry Fitzgerald had SOME team success. I predict that guy will have a GREAT...deservedly...broadcasting career. One of the classiest ever in the NFL.

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I do feel for Tannehill, I believe his career got screwed here. My thought on Darnold is much like Tannehill, NY offered him very little support rookie year, and he looks to have less his 2nd year...
              Doesn't mean I don't feel bad for Marino never winning a ring, or ZT not getting the respect he deserves.

I difer with many on Gase's play calling, and the importance of injuries. However, most all agree on taking Swanson, O'Leary, Bolden, and Butler off the scrap heap to productive last year, Grant & Drake being play makers and, most importantly, signing Gore (looked much better than last 2 years), Amendola, Sitton, and Wilson with little or no money. GREAT JOB.

Now, he goes to the Jets, may end up with Gore,Amendola, Sitton (from rebuild cuts) as well as James, and trading for Wilson would not surprise to go with a very talented young QB. Top that off with having $98M IN FRAKIN CAP SPACE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS.

Comment

• Daytona Dolfan
              Daytona Dolfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Boy, you really know how to bring a guy down first thing in the morning...…

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you really believe he will be able to get all those Phin players? AND that they will play any better in NY than they did here?

Sorry for the downer DD but, this Ross FRAKIN FIASCO is pissing me off but, at least some here got what they wanted. Their always greener grass on the other side is turning brown very quickly.

Comment

Sorry, but all this venom against Ross is almost humorous.
              He's an owner, he tries to hire people who know what they are doing to run things,
              but let's be real here: He bought a 1-15 team, that had just brought Bill Parcells in to fix everything and run the show...
              Parcells skipped town early on, and left a complete mess, which we still haven't recovered from, 9 years later.

Honestly the franchise began that slow, painful, slide into HELL, about the time that Joe Robbie passed away, nearly 30 years ago...

Comment

• So Be
                So Be commented
                Editing a comment
                Tannenbaum shoulda been flippin burgers for years.

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                Ricky, what LOVE are you referring to? By your own analogy, he bought a brokedown Crystals, in a division with a top grade steakhouse. He also bought said team, with a man in place who held a legitimate NFL pedigree who was suppose to get the organization on track. Haha yourself.
                While I dislike some of his moves, (like Tannenbaum) I cannot blame the entire disaster on him.

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                As I always say, anybody who calls the man an idiot and blames him, simply needs to buy the team from him, and do it better!

Wulf, no need for apology but, I believe Ross's big mouth and decisions have been funnier than my animosity towards him. If you recall, Tuna wanted to leave when he bought the team, did not get along, and did leave early. Wonder why?

Seems to me like Ross has yet to make a good decision. Former players and Phins analysts believe he has made mistake after mistake, and cannot just sit back and leave football to football people. GOD cannot turn this team around in 3 years, and I have met people working for his real estate kingdom who say he is a meddling boss and PITA.

I agree, and this series of events with him is anything but humorous.

Comment

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                Because Parcells is a liar? He was FAILING at his job, and he snuck out like a child skipping class. His employees can talk bad about him, but if they actually knew more, wouldn't HE be working for THEM? He's not as bad as SOME owners, and he made it clear from the beginning that he would have a football "guru" handling the football operations. Those guys don't grow on trees...

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                Why don't you buy the team and show him how it's done, since you are so much better than he is?

I guess every hack is trying to break news so every name is announced for every opening. Friday morning someone said Joseph and Daball were coordinators and then I heard a dozen different stories since then.

Comment

Wulf
                #27.2

Wulf commented
                1 hour ago

Why don't you buy the team and show him how it's done, since you are so much better than he is?

So Be reply

Sorry but, too busy trying to win the 2020 presidential election so I can be legit in my disagreeing with Trump. lol

Comment

• Wulf
                  Wulf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You don't strike me as being crooked enough for politics.

• So Be
                  So Be commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True. However, it is an easier task than raising a billion dollars to prove Ross wrong, when knowing it is enough for me.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X