No announcement yet.

FO and HC Chatter Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gase is really in the running out of 3 for the Jets job and the fans and media are going nuts.

Comment

• Seadog
      Seadog commented
      Editing a comment
      Going nuts like they like it or going nuts the way Ross just stuck it to us?

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      Nuts like are you kidding me? This guy was a loser in Miami and your bringing this trash to NJ. I guess Matt Rhule just announced to his staff he will be back next year so it's McCarthy or Gase.

In reading and hearing MANY comments from MANY sources, the only comment I agree with is who is OC and DC, and calling plays?

IF the new HC is calling plays on O or D, the forum play calling police will bury him. lol

I'm still holding hope for Harbaugh.

Comment

• Seadog
      Seadog commented
      Editing a comment
      You should pray very hard tonight....

Originally posted by Bahamas View Post

Doing well brov - but that is disappointing.

I admire the Packers for getting their search done so quickly. They can now set their table...the longer we wait the less likely assistants become available...espeically if we are going with a rookie coach...

Life is good brov - can't complain, just getting frustrated with the lack of movement for our next HC....How are things with you...you doing alright>

Good to hear! Going good on this end and besides, I always know that if I start thinking things couldn't get any worse, football season rolls around and the Dolphins prove otherwise!

Agree with you on getting your staff in place quickly, which is obviously impossible the longer we go without a HC..Crazy to think there was a time where quality guys would've killed for a chance to coach the Miami Dolphins; now their families would kill them if they even considered the job...

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
      In reading and hearing MANY comments from MANY sources, the only comment I agree with is who is OC and DC, and calling plays?

IF the new HC is calling plays on O or D, the forum play calling police will bury him. lol

I'm still holding hope for Harbaugh.
      Brov - i hate to say this mon, but Armando and you are on the same page...

He actually posted an article today stating that the Dolphins should be wise and make a bold move...Michigan for all it's glory is not Alabama or Clemson, and Harbaugh just lost two of his coaches to Ohio state...

just thinking out loud - it ' was a good read

Remember that otherwise unremarkable game between the Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos in Week 13 of the 2017 season? The Dolphins won that one, 35-9, and folks forget the game because it came amid a disappointing season that started with a season-long injury to the starting quarterback and ended with an embarrassing fight in which the team’s best player got ejected as his final act in a Miami uniform.

But that long-ago game is meaningful now.

Because Adam Gase is the new head coach of the New York Jets.

Gase will be introduced as the Jets coach after contract details are ironed out and the deal is signed, something that could be done by Thursday morning, per a league source.

And that will mean the man fired as the Dolphins coach Dec. 31 will become coach for a division rival and perhaps their biggest natural rival (New Yorkers perpetually ruin traffic in Miami this time of year and we don’t like it) in the NFL.

That means Gase twice a season.

That means revenge mode at all times.

Don’t believe me? In that Denver victory, the Dolphins led 33-9 with 10:27 to play. The game was over. It was a Dolphins win right then and there.

And after the score that put Miami up by 22 points, Gase ordered an onside kick anyway.

Understand that the opposing coach that day was Vance Joseph. And Joseph has been Gase’s defensive coordinator and friend. And Joseph was fighting for his job at the time so anything that made his team look bad hurt his cause.

But Gase ordered that onside kick anyway.

It was successful. The Dolphins got the ball back.

And, no, they didn’t score again as a result. A safety came later. But the point is Gase did that to get revenge on someone within the Denver organization that he felt animosity toward years after leaving Denver and he didn’t care that it might hurt a friend in the process.

I was initially told John Elway was Gase’s target that day. Gase denied this and after telling some story about wanting his players to play until the end of the game, he later admitted privately the move was directed at someone in that organization although not at Elway.

And now the Miami Dolphins are that team. And Stephen Ross, the Dolphins owner who fired Gase last week, is that new person in his sights.

Maybe that doesn’t worry you. Maybe you welcome the Jets hiring the coach who authored a modest 23-25 record in his three seasons with the Dolphins.

Bring it on, you say.

Yeah, this is not good news for the Dolphins, I say.

Because Gase is many things: He’s smart. Arrogant. Thoughtful. Knowledgeable.

And he’s a crazy man.

“Oh, I’m certifiable,” he said to me one time only half-kiddingly, “I just haven’t been diagnosed.”

And that’s going to cause him to work to not just beat the Dolphins when they play, but embarrass them if possible. Gase will want to hurt the Dolphins.

Assignment 1 for him in New York is to make Sam Darnold great.

Assignment 2 is to win.

Assignment 3 is to beat the Dolphins no matter what. Because in Gase’s mind, they made a tragic mistake in firing him and he’s going to make them pay.

This grudge has, in fact, begun already.

As we speak Gase is raiding the Dolphins’ coaching staff. Because he believes it’s his coaching staff, anyway.

Offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains will soon be gone. So will others.

And the Dolphins might protest and try to get some sort of compensation for losing coaches signed to contracts, but that probably won’t get them anywhere because everyone knows the Dolphins are still one of only two teams looking for their own coach.

And there are no guarantees that new Miami coach will retain Gase’s coaches.

Also, there are ways around hiring away coaches -- such as offering promotions of assistant coach titles. So Gase will eventually make sure the Dolphins lose the coaches he wants.

This promises to be very entertaining.

But it’s also quite serious. Because now you should turn your attention directly to Ross and ask this question:

How are you going to answer?

What do you have?

You fired a coach on a Monday morning and by Monday evening he had two interviews lined up and another one was offered to him a day later.

And a week or so later he’s hired.

And your Dolphins are still without a coach.

So what’s your answer for this, Stephen Ross?

There can only be one answer: The Dolphins need to upgrade.

I didn’t say hire a solid coach or a good coach. I said upgrade.

I didn’t say experiment. I didn’t say play coy. I didn’t say wait for the situation to sort itself out.

I said get better than what they had. Improve.

And that can only mean one obvious move: Hire Jim Harbaugh away from the University of Michigan.

Harbaugh is more proven than Gase as a head coach. He’s taken a team to the Super Bowl. His NFL record is 44-19 with two NFC title game appearances and one Super Bowl appearance.

Better.

And, yes, he’s also a little eccentric. He also rubs people the wrong way sometimes. Yeah, he’s also unstable at times, which is the reason things ended poorly in San Francisco after four seasons.

But he’s a proven head coach. That’s all I care about.

Even in that final, difficult year at San Francisco -- which was painful to watch from afar -- Harbaugh’s team finished 8-8. It’s not like he had an assistant doing coke in his office.

So ... better.

Harbaugh is the coach at Michigan tonight. And Ross must love this because he loves Michigan, probably more than he loves the Dolphins. Everyone knows this.

And, yes, Ross has said as recently as two weeks ago he would not be hiring Harbaugh away from Michigan to bring him to the Dolphins.

But things have changed now. A couple of Michigan coaches just defected from the staff this week ... to Ohio State.

The Wolverines are nowhere in the same conversation with Clemson and Alabama.

It’s time to get Harbaugh back in the NFL, Mr. Ross.

And what about that unsaid but understood idea Ross floated as a Dolphins strategy going forward? You know, tanking next year?

Yeah, well, tanking with JIm Harbaugh is palatable if it’s done to get him a quarterback in the 2020 draft when there will be multiple good ones available.

Tanking with Brian Flores, Kris Richard, Eric Bieniemy, Dennis Allen or Darren Rizzi?

Painful -- especially with Adam Gase trying onside kicks when the Jets are up big on the Dolphins

Comment

Revenge, Chris Grier style:
        Chris Grier Hires BOTH Ryans, Rex and Rob! “That’ll show those pesky Jets”, said Grier, to Andytown Gazette reporter Etoine Shrdlu.

RJ

Comment

BTW...I hope Gase hires the entire coaching staff of the Dolphins...save maybe Rizzi. If he DOES hire assistants still under contract, why she the Jets NOT be fined? Because they're the Jets? I'm happy, because jerks like Buster Skrine will HATE Joseph's so-called defense.

Comment

• Aquaaiea
            Aquaaiea commented
            Editing a comment
            Joseph is already interviewing with the Cardinals so not so fast to the Jets.

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
          BTW...I hope Gase hires the entire coaching staff of the Dolphins...save maybe Rizzi. If he DOES hire assistants still under contract, why she the Jets NOT be fined? Because they're the Jets? I'm happy, because jerks like Buster Skrine will HATE Joseph's so-called defense.
          To be honest - what will be amazing to hear - or - wishful thinking is seeing how Jamal Adams regress

In my eyes- J. Adams is the best safety in the league right now - hands down without any debate.

If he plays for Gase and now becomes "average" - which we have seen with both TJ and RJ - that should be the proof any owners know that he has no idea on how to run a D

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamas View Post
            To be honest - what will be amazing to hear - or - wishful thinking is seeing how Jamal Adams regress
            In my eyes- J. Adams is the best safety in the league right now - hands down without any debate.
            If he plays for Gase and now becomes "average" - which we have seen with both TJ and RJ - that should be the proof any owners know that he has no idea on how to run a D
            Won't alot of that depend on the DC? {PLEASE let him hire Burke!}

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf View Post

Won't alot of that depend on the DC? {PLEASE let him hire Burke!}
              I just don't trust Gase on the D side of the ball...if you are a coach - you are responsible for all sides of the field...

Comment

I have no interest in Jim, just John Harbaugh.

You can hire any NFL coach under contract with no permission if it is a promotion for the coach.

Ross said that he would only fire Gase for a "substantial upgrade." At the time, thinking McCarthy or Harbaugh, sounded good. Not seeing current options as better than Gase. You don't make a change just for the sake of making a change.

However, here we go again, another new O and D, another gotta get my kinda players, new HC, and never won nothin but, at least we should not be mediocre for a couple/three years. We could very well suck for a while, which is what some wanted.

Careful what you ask for.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                  IMAWriter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perhaps you haven't noticed, but other than a couple years, the Fins HAVE sucked for a while...quite a while. YOu're not called the most dysfunctional team in the league by being good. It HOW the Fins lose, the draft choices, the injuries to the playmakers, the decade of poor O-Line play, the "scandals"...Dez-Gate, Harbaugh-gate, Bully-gate, Philbin-trash-gate, Foerster-gate. Nobody WANTS to suck. I'm sure SOME Colts fans didn't want tom "Suck for Luck." But it got them Luck.

Kris Richard is still in the playoffs with the Cowboys. That's part of the delay in this thing.

Waiting on Ross to screw this up somehow and lose Richard and Rizzi.

In other news, Sherman's SIL, Zach Taylor, is likely the new HC in Cinci. Surreal.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                  IMAWriter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Taylor? We all know nepotism reigns supreme in the NFL. Bobby Grier begat Chris Grier. It really makes me want to pull hard for Freddy Kitchens at Cleveland. No one gave him ANYTHING. I hope Kitchens kicks ass in the Central. Taylor was the only white guy left apparently. haha.
                  BTW, I'd be MOST happy with Marvin Lewis as DC.

MAWriter commented
                16 hours ago

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but other than a couple years, the Fins HAVE sucked for a while...quite a while. YOu're not called the most dysfunctional team in the league by being good. It HOW the Fins lose, the draft choices, the injuries to the playmakers, the decade of poor O-Line play, the "scandals"...Dez-Gate, Harbaugh-gate, Bully-gate, Philbin-trash-gate, Foerster-gate. Nobody WANTS to suck. I'm sure SOME Colts fans didn't want tom "Suck for Luck." But it got them Luck.
                __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Yeah, Mr. Van Winkle and myself have been otherwise detained.

Should this dysfunctional team be classified as "Attention Whores" or "Drama Kings" ?

TUFF CHOICE

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X