Anything Ballsy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Ballsy?

I was so tired of Queasy and his conservaatives( punt punt and punt on inches ) that I was wondering if Campbell and Co. displayed any kind of aggressive go for it plays today? Hawaii don't get much Dolphins for me to watch this counting on my Forum family for the tid bits.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Thill threw a 40 +/- yard pass from the Phins 3 in the 4th qtr with a 2 TD lead..... Will that work for ya?

Comment

• cuchulainn
      cuchulainn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, same one IMO.

• AquaXI
      AquaXI commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't get anymore hairy Chest then something like that! Wonder how much influence Campbell has on lazors plays? I know when plays such as don't work then they face the media but I'd still rather lose that way then lose sitting on our hands.! These things gives us a chance to steal one!

IMO, the ballsy play of the game was the play call in the 4th qtr for the first of Tannehill's TD passing drives. He hit Stills for a 40 yard bomb out of the endzone.

That's 2 games in a row he and Stills have connected deep. 38 yarder today, 42 yarder last game. If the field hadn't been so bad, Stills might have kept his feet and housed it for the TD today.

Comment

Play calling overall was a lot more aggressive IMHO.
      While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
        Play calling overall was a lot more aggressive IMHO.
        Yes... enough of Cautious Joe, time for the ''Man'' Campbell era.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
          I was so tired of Queasy and his conservaatives( punt punt and punt on inches ) that I was wondering if Campbell and Co. displayed any kind of aggressive go for it plays today? Hawaii don't get much Dolphins for me to watch this counting on my Forum family for the tid bits.
          I was actually going to go to end of the first half, 1st and 10 on our 18, ahead 17-3 Titans with no TO's. Where we normally would have knelt down 3 times to take the lead into the locker room, we went with 5 consecutive passes, (for 5, 8, 13, 1 and 11yds) Granted a poor decision by Tannehill ended that drive on the Tenn 26, but at least we MADE that drive!

We scored and kept scoring! How any times have we tried to sit on a small lead? Or maybe I should ask when was the last time we had a TD drive when we have a 3TD lead?
          Last edited by Wulf; 10-18-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• AquaXI
            AquaXI commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I'm talking about! Sure it ended but with Philbin nothing would have started. Even when it doesn't turn out in the end, the effort drives is forever etched!

• HndRkyaBong34
            HndRkyaBong34 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's called "Rip their throats out for 60 minutes" Campbell brings this Heart&Soul attitude; go out, have fun and never quit... Philbin would be like," We need to do a better job" They came to play, they we're the better team." Passive Aggressive bullshit!!!!!

• FinFan in KC
            FinFan in KC commented
            Editing a comment
            And it tells the offense you have confidence in them while at the same time telling the defense that if something disastrous happens, I have confidence in you. The players love that stuff. They feed off of it.

This is the type of attitude I was hoping for when they made the change.

Comment

6 sacks.....

Comment

How about the blitz call to end the game? No soft zone but sent the house and kept the Titans from scoring. It was very unPhilbin like.

Comment

• London Fish & Chips
                London Fish & Chips commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, The whole game was very unPhilin like....

Ryan Yousefi @Rizzmigizz 1m1 minute ago
              "Buzz: People around the league and inside the Titans organization think Campbell's Dolphins were too physical" -- real app alert i just got

Comment

• AquaXI
                AquaXI commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have a sports car then rev it up!

• gulfcoast74
                gulfcoast74 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait a second, I thought football was a physical spot.

• Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                They must have come prepared to play badminton.

I love that that BS came from Whisenhunt and a Dick LeBeau coached team. Guys who came from Pittsburgh, who used to be known as ''Blitzburg'' and prided themselves on that same style of play.

No one was intentionally trying to injure Mariota. The hit looked much differently on replay - and I mentioned elsewhere, if their damned field hadn't been so shatty, guys wouldn't have been slipping down as much. OV slipped and his momentum carried him into the QBs legs. He actually turned himself so that his shoulders didn't hit Mariota, or the kid would've blown his knee out.

Comment

Their tears taste like candy

Comment

There were a lot of moments IMO and the ones mentioned above definitely stand out. I would also say the final TD throw to Cameron. Up 31 to 10 with just over a couple minutes left on 3rd and 8 and he drops back and throws a TD pass to Cameron. Philbin no doubt would have run the ball and then kicked the FG with our rookie kicker.

The final drive of the first half that Wulf mentioned had the announcers questioning why we wouldn't just go to the half with a 2 TD lead (that drive should have resulted in a FG, but Cameron and Tannehill weren't on the same page and Tannehill threw it in and Cameron cut out, which unfortunately resulted in a INT.

Also the bomb to Stills was very aggressive, especially since the prior two drives we went 3 and out and Tannehill was getting hit pretty good. Even I was like "oh shit" when he dropped back instead of handing the ball off at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Idahomer View Post
                    There were a lot of moments IMO and the ones mentioned above definitely stand out. I would also say the final TD throw to Cameron. Up 31 to 10 with just over a couple minutes left on 3rd and 8 and he drops back and throws a TD pass to Cameron. Philbin no doubt would have run the ball and then kicked the FG with our rookie kicker.

The final drive of the first half that Wulf mentioned had the announcers questioning why we wouldn't just go to the half with a 2 TD lead (that drive should have resulted in a FG, but Cameron and Tannehill weren't on the same page and Tannehill threw it in and Cameron cut out, which unfortunately resulted in a INT.

Also the bomb to Stills was very aggressive, especially since the prior two drives we went 3 and out and Tannehill was getting hit pretty good. Even I was like "oh shit" when he dropped back instead of handing the ball off at that point.

Indeed... was a surprising moment for sure. That was a perfect deep throw by Tannehill, but it shouldn't be overlooked how important having WR that can do what Stills did on that play. Tannehill let that ball go when Stills was about 10 yards off the LOS with proper depth and arc. The CB had good coverage on the play. The CB (Wreh-Wilson) knew he has help on the inside and tried to squeeze Stills using the sideline. WW has 4.39 speed and had Stills at a disadvantage as Stills had to go around WW and run a longer track to get down field and create cushion against the sideline for the play to work.

Stills has 4.32 speed, but can also track the football in the air without letting up. He ran straight through the CB's attempt to squeeze him and brought the ball in. You see a LOT of ''speed'' guys slow up looking for the ball, then speed back up afterwards, downshifting to give their eyes a chance to locate the ball then up-shifting when they realize the QB laid it out for him to run under. Stills played that perfectly and it shows what an asset it is to have a guy who can work the sideline with consistent speed and tracking ability.

Stills is under-utilized here as he missed some camp time and with the emergence of Matthews, but we're going to see a lot of Kenny Stills if he can stay healthy and the OL can give Tannehill time to deliver the ball downfield with consistent pass protection.

Comment

Stills is under-utilized here as he missed some camp time and with the emergence of Matthews, but we're going to see a lot of Kenny Stills if he can stay healthy and the OL can give Tannehill time to deliver the ball downfield with consistent pass protection.

When the hell are we gonna see us some Parker?? I'm foaming at the mouth to see this kid succeed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X