The Phinzone Banner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a new low for this forum.

Tannehill came back to play in severe pain, when many (who had the same injury), said he should not. He came back for the love of the game and team. He played well, going 17 of 25 for 204 (an 8.2 avg), 2 TD's, and a rating of 119.4.

And you want to remove his pic for this. I believe this forum need to go further. Why not delete any post with his name, and ban the poster for a month for using it?

NOT quite enough. There "may be" an actual young fan reading this forum, and who knows what kind of effect it may have when reading that a player gave his best, in pain, for the love of the game and team? Who among you would want something like that to happen? GOD only knows how a young mind may react.

Maybe you should just HANG HIM. Seems like the lynch mob is in place.

Comment

• Seadog
      Seadog commented
      Editing a comment
      Although I still like RT and wish him well, his on field vs off field haven't been helpful to this team.

• Finatic
      Finatic commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry but its justified. 7 years of RT and he is exactly the same. Not the answer. The comment to remove him from the banner was not serious to do it. Just an expression of how frustrating it is that RT can never step up when he needs to.
      Good guy. Gave his all. Not a good QB.

• Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Joe, too many HATERS, who believe themselves football gurus, have nothing better to do than HATE on a guy who has busted his tail behind one of the consistently worst OL's in the game, and gives it his all.
      He's not an incredible elite QB, but he has sweat and bled for this team!

Dog & Matt, Fair comments, WRONG TIME. When any player gives is all, playing with severe pain, and plays well to very well, you show him the same respect you would want, and give to others. A line was crossed. JMO

Comment

• JEGnj
      JEGnj commented
      Editing a comment
      I get your a Tanny fan but when is enough? He may be hurt and gave his all but he is and never will be nothing more than average and now add injury prone. Time to move on.

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, have you VERIFIED how severe his pain was? Jack Youngblood played an entire game with a BROKEN leg. Tanny is a tough SOB, no doubt, but Gase is REALLY conservative, and holds players out all the time. Tanny wouldn't have played if Gase felt it necessary to sit Tanny. To be fair, though, Gase HAS to at least be aware that there are those who feel he must win at least 8 games to remain HC. I think even if he goes 7-9, due to the injuries, Gase stays. FO as well. Groundhog day.

He symbolizes the mediocrity that this team has been mired in since the Marino days. I admire his determination. That doesn't mean he should represent the team on the banner. He's not a QB, he's not the answer. Might as well put Fiedler or henne there. It's the same thing in my eyes

Comment

I think itโ€™s time to add the X man to the banner. He might be our best player.
      Can we sign this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by FinFan in KC View Post
        I think itโ€™s time to add the X man to the banner. He might be our best player.
        A composite of the youth maybe... X, Tunsil, Baker, Godchaux, Drake, and Stills.

I'd consider Wilson and Grant for the banner as well, if they hadn't gone on IR.

Comment

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't like his politics, but he's the straw that stirs the receiving game's drink and he's a premier deep threat every game.

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Not Stills, politics aside, he "Diva'd" the coaching staff last week, dissed his QB as well. You never heard Mercury or Kiick complain about carries.

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          He didn't dis his QB last week. That was taken out of context. He was asked a question and made a joke basically saying he was always open and ppl acted like 10 year olds about it. Also, back in the 70s and 80s targets and carries were much fewer per game, but I'd be shocked if you didn't still have guys complaining about their touches back then.

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

A composite of the youth maybe... X, Tunsil, Baker, Godchaux, Drake, and Stills.

I'd consider Wilson and Grant for the banner as well, if they hadn't gone on IR.
        Have to add Fitz and McCain. I believe that McMillian, Gesicki, and Harris will be added next year.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post

Have to add Fitz and McCain. I believe that McMillian, Gesicki, and Harris will be added next year.
          Agree on Fitz and McCain... Gesicki looks like a long term project. Haven't seen anything out of Harris to suggest he'll be more than JAG.

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

Agree on Fitz and McCain... Gesicki looks like a long term project. Haven't seen anything out of Harris to suggest he'll be more than JAG.
            So hard to say with young players. Harris showed well in year 1, Wake calls him most improved, and little of nothing. Gesicki has all the talent in the wrld, and I expect to see it next year when he is much stronger. McMillian is destined to be VG. I have not seen or heard one person against him.

Bottom line, over half our starters are VG young talent who will get better.

Comment

By the way, love the new banner

Comment

• Wulf
                Wulf commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice, but the old one was also good. Change is not a bad thing...

New banner Rocks!๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’•
              Last edited by HndRkyaBong34; 1 day ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post
                Ugh. Can someone remove 17 from the site banner? I can't stand looking at him anymore.
                Is #17 NOT the starting QB? Like him or hate him, HE is NOT the reason the past two seasons sucked! (Jury is out on THIS one) The guy has played well under Gase. He's not Johnny Unitas, but he is one tough dude!

Comment

• Finatic
                  Finatic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wulf. How has he played well? He has barely played. And when he has it is two good games, one trash game. No consistency at all. He holds the ball too long, he doesn't see open receivers, and his accuracy beyond ten yards is marginal. He is just a big pile of mediocre, which is going to cost $19M next year. Sorry but I am not happy with the guy. He is a gamer, but you can not win a ring with just desire. He has to deliver.

• Wulf
                  Wulf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  393/586/4573/35/18 277 yds on 65 runs since Gase.
                  12Wins-4Losses in his last 16 games

• Finatic
                  Finatic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He is 19-18 the last three years and 42-43 all time. He has a career QBR of 87. Not really that good. And because I dont think he is very good doesnt mean I'm "hating". I like the guy. But he exemplifies the issue with this team. Not enough talent, and players who never lived up to the expectation. Sorry it's true.

Touche wulf....touche

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X