Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Draft From CBS Sports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...n-nkeal-harry/

Not too early to look at the potential 2019 NFL draft, as per CBS Sports. They have our Dolphins taking ORT Dalton Risner with the #15 pick.

Take a look at before and after the #15 pick, and give an opinion.

Opinion #2- Will our Dolphins actually trade up for a 1st round QB, and who is worth tradng up for?

**For all those clicking on as guests to read, your comments would be appreciated. Join in, if you dare.

Originally posted by So Be View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...n-nkeal-harry/

Not too early to look at the potential 2019 NFL draft, as per CBS Sports. They have our Dolphins taking ORT Dalton Risner with the #15 pick.

Take a look at before and after the #15 pick, and give an opinion.

Opinion #2- Will our Dolphins actually trade up for a 1st round QB, and who is worth tradng up for?

**For all those clicking on as guests to read, your comments would be appreciated. Join in, if you dare.
    I like Miami picking an OT. From what I read, the following year's draft is great for QB's. If I were in the front office, I would love for them for trade away certain players for extra picks in the 2020 draft.

Comment

The Dolphins will get just enough wins to stay in the middle somewhere, so trading up would be costly.

I do agree that OL is a must. Not sure why we can't run the ball, players talent, coaching, play calling...but we are terrible.

Comment

Does anyone think Tunsil gets hurt too often? Knock on wood so far more minor than major but I’m actually wanting us to get a left Tackle and the loser goes to the right after we let James walk.

Comment

• So Be
          So Be commented
          Editing a comment
          This year, Tunsil played 94 % of all snaps and last year was 90%, both very high among all players.

Jags need a strong armed QB. Trade up ahead of the Jags with the Fins #1, +Tannehill and Gesicki, or a 2nd rounder. Then Take Ed Oliver, or the best pass rushing DE available...or CB.

Comment

• Dolfan1
          Dolfan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Giving up on Gesicki already?

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Gesicki is VALUE..though is development has been retarded by the lack of positional coaching talent. You have to give up something to GET something. Moving up to get a QB requires some sacrifice. If you WANT to draft a highly thought of QB, a 15th pick and a sub like Tankersley, etc ain't gonna get it. Fin fans want it both ways. in 202, I'd give up Drake, and Godchaux to get a crack at Tua, or one of the other 3-4 QBs that are better than this year's crop. I'd rather trade up and get Ed Oliver, or the LB Allen from KY.

If the Jags take Oliver, and Calais Campbell is available at 6 million for 3 years, get him. The Fins need playmakers on defense. I've given up on offense as long as Adam Gase is calling plays.
        Last edited by IMAWriter; 11-09-2018, 06:27 PM. Reason: up on

Comment

Seems like we have a VG shot at OT or CB. I can see paying James around $10M, depending on the rest of the year, and going CB. Or, IF we and get Bahamas CB, many options including trading back.

I believe Wake, Quinn, Branch, and Hayes will not be here next year. DE is my biggest concern, as I see few options.

Comment

Wondering if Eli ends up in Jax.

Comment

They have us taking an OT in the first round. This is so discouraging. We already have a decent RT in James. So all we would be doing is replacing him with a younger cheaper player. That doesn't take into account the entire interior OL needs to be rebuilt which is the weakest part of our OL. Kilgore and Sitton are both over 30 and were lost for the season this year and Larsen is over 30 himself and Davis is a subpar OG.

We need a QB. TanneBrock is not the answer.

Parker will be gone since he has been a bust and we arent paying him $9.3M. Amendola Stills Wilson and Grant are all complementary WR's. We dont have a legit #1 playmaker.

Gore will be 36 and Drake is a complementary RB. We dont have a feature back.

Gesicki might pan out. His lack of production has been disappointing. I was hoping he would be the next Travis Kelce but far less heralded rookie TE's have done more than he has.

Wake will be gone and Quinn might also be. Branch is just a guy and Harris has been a huge disappointment. We dont have any premier pass rushers.

Our DT's are ok but there is no stand out talent there.

Baker looks like a keeper and McMillian might be ok and Kiko is erratic, he will make plays but also give up a lot of plays. Overall this is an average unit at best.

X and Fitz are legit and should be Dolphins for many years to come. Jones seems to have lost a step. McCain is a good slot corner but we need another boundary corner.

With as many needs as we have when are we ever going to get better?

Comment

• Phishinphin
                Phishinphin commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you judge any player on this team with this completely incompetent coaching staff?

Shawn, we differ in our opinions. I see the missing pieces on D as a 2nd CB and a DE, along with not liking Kiko. I believe that Harris will show his worth by next year, and Tank "may" as well. I see the rest as quality NFL starters or above.

On O, I was all in for keeping James last year but, no idea how much this year will take. Davis needs to be replaced, and want to see how Swanson does for the balance of the season. I'm sold on Gesicki by next year, as well as Smythe, and we have play makers at WR. RB does not worry me, as Gase has done well with the young and the old. Need to add a few.

QB is the Magical Question.

Comment

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings.../right-tackle/

Here are the top RT cap hits for 2019. I see James as $8M but, as a FA, could get offers from $10-$12M.

Comment

I'd like to build the defense first. Get a JJ Watt type...like Ed Oliver, a bigger stud LB, CB. A BIG improvement in the O-Line would be Center. I'm guessing Sitton will be back. He is on the older side, but is a LEADER, something the Dolphins have missed since his injury. I'd draft a mean, angry center who can play in the colder weather come November. Then you had a great left side...Tunsil, Sitton, Mean Center....A decent center in reserve with Kilgore. Keep James, replace Davis in FA. Less expensive to replace RG than RT.
                  Thus, you're drafting a DE first round, CB, LB. ONLY if there is a way to move up do you draft a QB in the 1st round. Statistics have shown the MAJORITY of "elite" QBs are taken early on in the first round...yes, there are the obvious exceptions...Brady, Wilson, Brees...Marino (27th..but that was due to drug rumors). I would rather build the defense...
                  The jury is still out on Burke. I'd probably keep him, and replace Oden...at least. On the offensive side, Loggains and Christenson are dead weight. An OC/play caller would give whomever QBs the team a better shot than Gase. The 3rd and 1 passes have GOT to stop.

Edit: And please, DO NOT move up to draft Drew Lock.
                  Last edited by IMAWriter; 11-11-2018, 11:22 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Good post. Mostly agree. Between FA and the draft, have to get a CB, DE, C/G, QB ****, and past that, we shall see.

Aside from QB, not much to ask for. Another off season like the last would fill the bill, and then some.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                      IMAWriter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes...losing 3 off the best FA killed momentum...(Wilson, Sitton, Kilgore). Wilson, Amendola, Sitton, Kilgore...Gore has been a wonder...if you add in O'Leary one would have to say a VERY good haul. A few a bit expensive, but overall fair dinkum.

I would add in James being here, and losing Hayes has really hurt the DL.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                      IMAWriter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That too. I just thought Hayes was resigned, not a FA?

We have SO many needs it's hard to even guess where we begin. QB? Any OL or DL position. A pass rusher LB, CB....coach...LOL

Comment

• hawkfinfan
                      hawkfinfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's why you draft the best available player in the middle. Who cares if it is a WR. If he is Pro Bowl Caliber, draft him then trade one of the older WR's. Don't be like last year and draft a S, you have 3, so trade one of the vets for extra picks for this or next years draft. Also Our FO has already blown it by not trading Wake or Gore THIS YEAR for draft picks. This apparently is too hard for the FO to figure out.

• IMAWriter
                      IMAWriter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gore is worth MUCH more to the Dolphins than he would have brought during the recent trade period. HWAS the offense the entire 1st half...then gets taken out in the red zone. Stupidity by a nebbish HC and his resident toadie Loggains.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X