• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathis signs with Denver

OK, now let's move one,,,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-evan-mathis/

(Sigh)
    The latest NFL news, rumors, scores, schedules, predictions, picks against the spread, free agent updates, power rankings, mock drafts and more
    While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Mathis is now a Denver Bronco, for 2015 for up to $4 million...
      He is said to have turned down $5.5M deal from different team because he wanted to play for top contender (via Ian Rappaport)

Comment

Hahaha...we posted at the same time.

Can one of the mods merge or delete mine?

Comment

• Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like that is done... LOL

I just posted this story as well... Saw it on NFL Network, He is said to have signed for far less than the $5 million/multi-year deal most people said he wanted...

Comment

WOW, you, Nole, and me all posted at the same time... LOL, we need LIVES gentlemen...

Comment

LMAO!! I'll have to figure out how to merge the three threads.

Comment

Ok, merged them.
              Last edited by Dolfan1; 08-25-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

"Mathis ended up costing himself a lot of money, though he insists he turned down a $5.5 million deal to play for a contender for less money. Mathis agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Broncos on Tuesday, and it's for $2.5 million. He can make up to $4 million if he hits certain playing time bonuses, according to 9News' Mike Klis."

Well.........Jake Long is still on the market IF these coaches see a problem with the offensive line. If they don't see a problem with it, they all deserve to get what is coming their way, whether it be high praise because of a winning season with the current group OR if they get FIRED for being incompetent.

Comment

Well we really needed him. Let's hope our guys blossom into a serviceable unit.

Comment

If Mathis doesn't want to be a Dolphin then let him go with Wallace, we don't need another malcontent. The Eagles where he already was, offered him a short term deal for around $5 mil, he wouldn't take it. Demanded a long term deal the Eagles wouldn't go there. So Mathis demanded to be released and the Eagles favored that request. Bad attitudes need not apply, we don't need or want you.

Comment

Any thoughts on Blalock or Connolly? Garner is still out there as well...
                      Last edited by Wulf; 08-25-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• ONole1
                        ONole1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think they will bring in a guard unless Turner just gets completely blown up again this week. I think they will explore the waiver wire after cuts or even a trade for a swing tackle.

Was that Sims that got blown up by Kony Ealy, on that sack/fumble?

Comment

• VAIDER5120
                        VAIDER5120 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup +7 characters to complete my answer.

Doesn't surprise me.. I figured the Seahawks but he went to a nice program along side a Hall a Famer.. Smart move on both sides..

Comment

Well that really sucks. The longer this thing dragged out it became less likely that he was going to sign with the Dolphins. Well our o-line better perform well or this front office will get skewered for not addressing the o-line properly this offseason especially when we could have had Mathis if we had just been a little more realistic with our offer and not tried to lowball him which probably insulted him and after that he was not going to sign with us anyway.

I think Justin Blalock is still available. He could probably be had for $2 million.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X