Reality check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality check.

Optimism abounds in Miami with the coaching change and the "New attitude". Aggressiveness and nastiness are words we keep hearing. Adjustments to the offensive line and the blocking scheme sound good. Then today an article comes out that with the new focus on run blocking, Billy Turner is back in the rotation battling for a starting spot. Sounds great. Unfortunately, he is battling with the rookie who has held up at least as well, with more shining moments, than LG Dallas Thomas. Hopefully the plan is to get Turner up to speed and move Douglas back over to the job at LG that he legitimately won in the pre-season. Otherwise, here we go again. Evaluation mistakes and trusting the coaching of other teams over the guys we trained and got to see all off-season. We release KR, Mostert, who had no business getting the job over Christion Jones (who returned one 108 yards to the house FOR US) and activate some Safety that has done nothing in the NFL and proved nothing to the Dolphins in the off-season. He's probably the guy from the practice squad who picked off Tannehill a couple times in walk throughs. Impressive. They should have promoted Mike Hull, the guy who won the OLB job in pre-season and the only front seven guy who seems to know how to really tackle.
    "Queue the clowns and get the tiger that jumps through the fire rings on deck.. Let's go now. It's showtime!"
    Not only can we not pick the right guys to bring in, we can't even make the best team of the guys we do have. Clone me every guy on this roster and I would so kick this administration's ass in a game. Please figure this out.

An analogy I've used before.............I am going into Sunday's game like watching a movie that I have never seen before. I am going in with extremely LOW expectations, that way if the movie SUCKS I am not that disappointed, but if the movie turns out to be good it's all the better.

I am wishing Campbell luck this Sunday because I know he is going to need it. He has been put in a bad situation. He was rushed into taking a jog as head coach but this is a great test for him and I am curious to see how the players respond to his coaching methods. I am really looking forward to a Coyle-less defense. Hey, maybe one of the TWO All-Pro d-linemen will get a sack! I just wish it was a Lazor-less offense. I can't sit through another game watching Tannehill throw 3 yard passes no matter what the down and distance is.

Comment

Freak, you of all people will appreciate this one. Or should I say make you cringe to read it.

But later, Campbell said, “To be honest with you, we’d love to take as much off of Ryan as we can as far as that’s concerned. He can handle it. He’s a smart guy, but really we just want to (say), ‘Hey, here’s the point. Let’s play ball. If you’ve got to throw high, he’ll throw high. Got to throw a side? We’ll throw a side. Let’s play ball.’ Ultimately, hey, what’s the worst thing in the world? You’ve got to throw the ball to Jarvis Landry for 3 yards? Well, the guy is pretty dynamic. He can make people miss.”

So now that is Philbin, Lazor and now our new Head Coach encouraging this nonsense we're doing on offense. "Yeah Dan, throwing three yards to Landry IS the worst thing that is happening!"

Comment

After reading what Dan Campbell had to say about Tannehill I have little doubt the Titans are going to destroy the Dolphins on Sunday. IF that is really what Campbell is telling Tannehill, this offense has no chance of succeeding. "Hey, if you want to throw behind the receivers, throw behind them. If you don't want to survey the field, don't survey the field, just lock on to your primary receiver and throw it to him no matter if he is open or not. Heck, if it's 3rd down and 18, just throw a quick 2 yard screen every time, our receivers are fast, they can get that first down." In a way I feel bad for Tannehill. He hasn't had a good offensive line since entering the NFL and on top of that he hasn't had NFL caliber quarterback coaching either. He "might" have grown quicker if both of these weren't the case and Tannehill were drafted by another team. But, Tannehill was drafted by the Dolphins and has gotten poor coaching, bad decisions by the front office to go after other positions rather then protect him and they extended his contract BEFORE he could prove he is worth keeping. Bottom Line - Tannehill Sucks and will continue to suck as long as he is being coached by Pop Warner coaches.

Comment

I am approaching tomorrow's game with cautious optimism. Like DF my expectations are low. I don't expect 3 years of crap to be cleaned up in 2 weeks. What I hope to see is a new attitude, I want to see that these guys give a crap whether they win or lose. I want to see some freaking tackling. I want to see someone other than Landry fired up. We may get our asses handed to us on the field. I can live with that IF everyone really does their best.

Comment

We're in Nashville to see this game for ourselves! We've seen hundreds of Dolphin fans roaming Music City today!
            As for myself, I just want to see a team that gives 100% from top to bottom! Show some heart and soul, and we will be satisfied in the direction of the team!

Comment

• Dolfan1
              Dolfan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like you got your wish bud.

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              NOT PERFECT, but If we played like that all year,
              we'd be 5-0 right now, and would be one of the top defenses in sacks and takeaways...

I was looking at all the match-ups this week to see if there were any good games to bet and to be honest, I am afraid to bet on this game either way. I am not confident in betting either way in this particular game. MAYBE Campbell lit a fire underneath these players and they come out firing on all cylinders. Or, as I mentioned in a previous thread, maybe they come out firing but that fire doesn't last for four quarters and they fizzle out at the end to lose to an underestimated Titans team. Will the rookie show up the 4 year vet this Sunday?

Comment

Tennessee's #3 defense will make things tough for our offense, IF we aren't prepared,
              but our defense SHOULD also be able to slow down their "middle-of-the-road" offense...

Comment

Change in coaching or not, unless the OL starts protecting, the DL starts making plays and the secondary learns to cover, we'll just see more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Change in coaching or not, unless the OL starts protecting, the DL starts making plays and the secondary learns to cover, we'll just see more of the same.
                  Agreed. I said in the other group this team needs a lot more than an attitude adjustment.
                  While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• Alpha
                    Alpha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's shocking how fast this team fell. I was really encouraged by the pre-season and what I had heard. On Facebook when we Drafted Phillips, I questioned it and said I was really worried about our talent at ILB, OG and CB and think they would have been a wiser pick....and my fears seem to have been completely realized.

Our ILB is awful (with no real drop-off when an undrafted rookie steps in), our OGs are the worst tandem in the NFL and outside of Grimes our CBs couldn't cover a baby with a blanket....

What I truly didn't expect was our DL to be porous and invisible. That I don't understand.

• Dolfan1
                    Dolfan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hear ya man. I was really impressed with our starters on BOTH sides of the ball during pre-season. Tanny was throwing beautiful passes, our O-line and D-lines were doing very good, just dominting in pre-season. Then the first game was played and we've been in a downward spiral ever since.

Well???????

Comment

Originally posted by Phintim Menace View Post
                    Well???????
                    Still some things to work on but very impressive start to Campbells resume.
                    While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Lol... a much needed win. Agree that there are things to be worked on and cleaned up, but that was a very compelling win against a team with a TOP 10 defense. How 'bout that Billy Turner at RG? And today is his B'day at that. He had a happy 24th. ;-)

Comment

• Dolfan1
                        Dolfan1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just sayin Rome wasn't built in a day. Trying to dissuade those who might come in here bitchin about anything in this game. Believe Tenn's defense is ranked 3rd but could be wrong there.

I hear ya, D1... and yes, it's only 1 win against a 1 win team to get us to 2 wins, but it was huge win for us in any event. Such a win helps instill confidence and boost morale in the team. The team we saw today is capable of playing with - and beating - most of their competition today. Clean up a few things and we'll be pretty solid. We're still a few pieces away from being a serious playoff team, but we could address those this offseason.

Comment

It was a GREAT way to begin the Campbell era! The ATTITUDE was more important to my eyes than the results.
                        When we didn't kneel down at our 18 to end the 1st half, we KNEW that the old ways were not going to be the new way...

Comment

• cuchulainn
                          cuchulainn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Congrats on being there. Wished I hadn't talked myself out of going to this one.

Loved the passion and aggression we showed today - and that we didn't sit on a lead.

• 61finfan
                          61finfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And we throw a long pass out of our own end zone instead of three runs and with the game firmly in hand with less than 2 minutes left, we go for the TD. THAT my friends showed me the difference in this season. And not only did we try those plays, we made those plays. Simply fun to watch.

• FinFan in KC
                          FinFan in KC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And we came with back-to-back all out blitzes to end the game. Very anti-Philbin.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X