Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hayes Torn ACL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hayes Torn ACL

    out for the season. Damnit
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-weight-on-qb
    Last edited by 61finfan; 09-24-2018, 05:41 PM.

  • #2
    That really sucks, sort of puts a bit of a damper on the feel-good festivities! A HUGE BLOW, anyone thinks otherwise is kidding themselves..

    Comment


    • #3
      Do we have anyone else at DE that can step up? I wish we had a highly touted, highly drafted DE that could step in and play like a 1st round, star player. Oh, if we only had a well groomed 1st round DE on the roster who was ready to dominate and prove that he's all that Dolphins fans hoped he'd become. Where oh where might we find a guy like that? If we did have a guy like that, he couldn't ask for a better moment to burst forth when all became darker and shine brighter than we've ever seen before.
      So let's see what we got when we drafted #90, Superfin or Charlie the tuna.
      Last edited by kelbail2.2; 09-24-2018, 12:50 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
        Do we have anyone else at DE that can step up? I wish we had a highly touted, highly drafted DE that could step in and play like a 1st round, star player. Oh, if we only had a well groomed 1st round DE on the roster who was ready to dominate and prove that he's all that Dolphins fans hoped he'd become. Where oh where might we find a guy like that?
        He plays for the Bears now.
        only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

        Comment


        • Driven_Phinsane!
          Driven_Phinsane! commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he's sarcastically referring to our very own Charles Harris

        • Dolfan1
          Dolfan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah you're probably right. I figured it was about Mack who everyone would kill for to have on their team.

      • #5
        Wondering if any DE on the PS? What happened to the guy we cut ( forgot name)?

        Comment


        • Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          The only DL there is #76 Jonathan Woodard DE

        • AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          I was hoping for Cameron Malveaux.

      • #6
        A really crushing blow. We've now lost our two toughest guys in the trenches on both sides with Sitton and Hayes lost for the year.

        Proly Jon Woodard Woodard gets called up from the PS as a replacement.

        Hayes is a different player from the other DEs. The other guys are more pure edge defenders. Hayes OTOH, was as good playing closer to the ball or as a DT...

        The FO should have put in more work in to find a replacement or understudy for him last season when he was injured...
        Last edited by cuchulainn; 09-24-2018, 02:12 PM.

        Comment


        • #7
          @flasportsbuzz
          With Hayes out for season, Dolphins reached out today to schedule workout with DE Cameron Malveaux but he's in Indy working out for the Colts, per league source. Malveaux played in four games for Dolphins last season but was cut Labor Day weekend.On p-squad until 2 weeks ago

          Comment


          • #8
            I'd just get a kick-boxer to kick as many Patsie O-Linemen in the nuts as he can...he gets ejected, but DAMAGE DONE. Move along, nothing to see here.
            Truly Belicheat-like.

            Comment


            • #9
              Or....get a DE/DT "whisperer" to do his thing with Asiata. Gotta get SOMETHING from that dude. Maybe going AFTER people would fire him up?

              Comment


              • IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                In jest, Cuch, in jest. Depth? BTW, Depth is only depth when you play someone more than 3 plays per game on ST.he would be the last guy off the bench behind an always injured Brenner and Sam Young. The man was a 5th round draft choices. Enough excuses.

              • JEGnj
                JEGnj commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually I was thinking the same thing. Asiata or Carroo can play DE to make up for the wasted picks.

              • IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Not Carroo. I DO NOT want the Fins onto a $50k surgeons bill for an effed up knee...and another 420k for therapy. The Fins gave up too much already. Make Asiata "Fridge" pt 2.

            • #10
              I heard that Hayes landed awkwardly because he was trying to avoid falling on top of Carr and getting a penalty. So that stupid new rule cost us one of our better D-lineman. I dont understand how you are supposed to sack the QB without falling on top of him.

              Comment


              • Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a fked up rule.

            • #11
              Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
              I heard that Hayes landed awkwardly because he was trying to avoid falling on top of Carr and getting a penalty. So that stupid new rule cost us one of our better D-lineman. I dont understand how you are supposed to sack the QB without falling on top of him.
              Yup! This pisses me off more than anything else! He gets knocked out for the year trying to avoid getting flagged for this asinine new rule where you get penalized for landing on top of a guy while tackling him, isn't that what the f#@k a textbook tackle is??!!!

              Absolutely kills me the lengths the league goes to, to protect the QB; you know it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness when even the QB's are saying how absurd the calls are..

              Comment


              • #12
                Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                Yup! This pisses me off more than anything else! He gets knocked out for the year trying to avoid getting flagged for this asinine new rule where you get penalized for landing on top of a guy while tackling him, isn't that what the f#@k a textbook tackle is??!!!

                Absolutely kills me the lengths the league goes to, to protect the QB; you know it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness when even the QB's are saying how absurd the calls are..
                Yeah... the league needs to purge that competition committee... you have team owners and executives along with some retired coaches like Arians on it... The same dumbasses who couldn't work out what a catch was for the longest time are now screwing up safety rules under the disguise of saftey when everone knows it's really about protecting the investments and money put into finding starting QBs.

                I completely understand that at least a portion of the league is made up of thugs who'd otherwise be in some correctional facility and who actually try to hurt each other out there, but asking a ref to make a snap judgment in a fraction of a second as to intent and body-weight distribution landing on a QB is BS...

                Comment


                • #13
                  Actually I listened to a lot of sports talk yesterday. The NFL screwed up not the competition committee. They wanted to ban the scooping up and slamming with 100% body weight. What they implemented is just a joke. I love D but it's getting out of hand. Secondary can't even fight for balls and no one can tackle.

                  Comment


                  • #14
                    Originally posted by JEGnj View Post
                    Actually I listened to a lot of sports talk yesterday. The NFL screwed up not the competition committee. They wanted to ban the scooping up and slamming with 100% body weight. What they implemented is just a joke. I love D but it's getting out of hand. Secondary can't even fight for balls and no one can tackle.
                    Lol... a lot of sports talk are guys talking out of their asses. Who creates these rule changes if not the very committee created to do so?

                    The NFL Competition Committee is the arm of the NFL creates, changes, augments, or modifies the rules in any way...

                    https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...s-of-emphasis/

                    The NFL Competition Committee receives and considers input from coaches, general managers, owners, current players and NFL Legends, the NFL Players Association, medical personnel and the media, and conducts hours of discussion and film study before recommending changes to any rule.

                    ...

                    PROTECTION OF QUARTERBACKS
                    The Committee reviewed hits on quarterbacks inside and outside the pocket. In some instances, the defender used all or part of his body weight to land on the quarterback immediately after the ball was thrown. These actions put the quarterback at risk for injury. The Officiating Department will emphasize that the defender is responsible for avoiding landing on the quarterback when taking him to the ground.

                    ===


                    This isn't Goddell sitting around with Bob Kraft deciding how to keep Brady or Rodgers playing another 10 years... this is the job of the NFL CC and they screwed it up on the heels of Aaron Rodgers getting his collarbone broken in previous seasons.

                    Comment


                    • JEGnj
                      JEGnj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I still watch the Fin's game 100% but I really backed off watching a lot of the other games when they aren't playing unless it's big time match up. The NFL is not fun anymore. It's gotten to the point where you are looking for a flag after every play.

                    • cuchulainn
                      cuchulainn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I usually watch other games/teams when're about to face them in a season. A lot of the QB rules have come in from guys like Brady and Rodgers crying over hits and sacks... this last rule came from Rodgers who said that he could've been pushed down to the ground instead of knocked down with a guy landing on him. Ta da... rule change.

                  • #15
                    Yeah, my post was a call out on Harris. I do realize what a serious blow it is to lose Hayes because of his stoutness on the edge + his ability to rush the passer from the DT spot. I was looking forward to our four DE front going after Brady this week. Damn it.

                    Comment

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X