Ross Shot The Sheriff- Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross Shot The Sheriff- Part 2

BUT HE DI NOT SHOOT THE DEPUTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I posted this after he fired Ireland, and he is doing the same F'n thing again. Does the man learn nothing from dumb mistakes of doing too little? Firing just Philbin does little of nothing for this year, and many players have said the same. He may have appeased some casual fans, who don't know any better and think Philbin did tons more than he did but, resolved nothing in turning the season around. He would have accomplished more in firing himself.

When will this nightmare end?

How in God's green earth, soon to be brown because of the altered models of global warming, does Coyle keep his job????

Comment

Everytime that Ross plant a seed, i say kill it before it grows!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
        Everytime that Ross plant a seed, i say kill it before it grows!!!...

HAHA reminds me of this. HAS BAD WORDS.

Comment

• London Fish & Chips
          London Fish & Chips commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, Trailer Parks Boys, I watched that series....funny stuff

Originally posted by So Be View Post
        BUT HE DI NOT SHOOT THE DEPUTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I posted this after he fired Ireland, and he is doing the same F'n thing again. Does the man learn nothing from dumb mistakes of doing too little? Firing just Philbin does little of nothing for this year, and many players have said the same. He may have appeased some casual fans, who don't know any better and think Philbin did tons more than he did but, resolved nothing in turning the season around. He would have accomplished more in firing himself.

When will this nightmare end?
        Sobe my friend, you would really think that a Billionaire Real Estate investor might not make such obvious high profile mistakes, but he is clearly out of his element here. This year I detected a hopeful tone, we all seemed to think that the Phins had some potential this year, and now this vile stew of green vomit.....some of the worst mail in performances in years against key AFC rivals, against the NFL Holy Grail of QBs in Bortles, Taylor, and Fitzpatrick....(thinks about that for a quck sec), players wearing sneakers to practice, calling team meetings to complain, petty sniping during practices.....makes me wish for Bullygate.......Indeed, when will it end?

Comment

Let me put this in my perspective, FWIW

If you had a problem with OG's, LT, CB, etc, the problem was with Tannenbaum/Hickey.

If you had a problem with the scheme and play calls on D, the problem was with Coyle.

If you had a problem with the scheme and play calls on O, the problem was with Lazor.

If you had a problem with the lack of emotion on the team, the problem was with Philbin.

If you had a problem with players, one one one, losing battles consistently and not blocking, tackling, throwing and catching, the problem was with players.

Which problems did you want addressed?

Comment

• London Fish & Chips
            London Fish & Chips commented
            Editing a comment
            All of them, every damn last one of them......

Originally posted by So Be View Post
          Let me put this in my perspective, FWIW

If you had a problem with OG's, LT, CB, etc, the problem was with Tannenbaum/Hickey.

If you had a problem with the scheme and play calls on D, the problem was with Coyle.

If you had a problem with the scheme and play calls on O, the problem was with Lazor.

If you had a problem with the lack of emotion on the team, the problem was with Philbin.

If you had a problem with players, one one one, losing battles consistently and not blocking, tackling, throwing and catching, the problem was with players.

Which problems did you want addressed?
          I can understand your perspective on this and I agree to a certain extent.

That said, each of these are not mutually exclusive of each other, nor quite so compartmentalized. Each of the "pylons" has to stand on it's on, yes, but they also have to have proper guidance to support the overall structure. This is where Philbin was failing. He didn't command the respect of the team and had problems connecting with them, particularly the younger guys, but also with established vets. A part of his job is to motivate these guys to win those one on one battles and play consistently. He failed to do so and the product has been displayed on the field this sorry season.

Hoping Dan gets better results. I like that he's pushing them hard in practice this week as we're on the BYE. Hopefully we see some better effort and guys "winning" their battles the rest of the season.

YMMV.

Comment

• So Be
            So Be commented
            Editing a comment
            And yet pushing in practice was not liked, and an excuse, for some players.

• cuchulainn
            cuchulainn commented
            Editing a comment
            These guys haven't earned the right to complain about practices yet. This isn't JJ pushing guys to the brink of exhaustion and breakdown. This is weeding out who wants to be here and earn a starting spot.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X