This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finatic's Way Too Early Super Bowl Contest

OK my brothers and sisters. Here is the deal. Make your Super Bowl prediction right here and right now. They member who picks the two teams to meet in the Super Bowl will win a Bob Griese autographed football. In the event more than one member selects the correct two teams, we will have a first tie breaker of picking the winner of the Super Bowl. If that is a tie then the member to guesses closest to total combined points WITHOUT going over wins. So here is my entry, and yes I am eligible because I am a fan just like all of you. If I win I get to keep my own stuff. LOL. So...my picks are Eagles vs Jaguars. Eagles repeat!! The total combined score of 85 points.

You can make changes and enter all the way up until October 01. At that point I will lock the thread and all guesses are final. Regardless of injury, etc. Also anyone whining or bitching about the contest or rules is automatically disqualified. We are all fans. It is not a business and if someone wants to make it not fun, they don't deserve to win anyway. LOL! Have fun with it and GO DOLPHINS!

Rams vs Chiefs - Total Combined Score = 55

I know we don't need to do this but I will edit this post with not only the winner but also the final score.

Rams - 38

Chiefs - 31

Last edited by DolphinsFreak; 09-24-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Finatic
      Finatic commented
      Editing a comment
      Need you to pick a winner for the first tie breaker sir.

• DolphinsFreak
      DolphinsFreak commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about that. I will go edit my post and predict the winner.

Just kidding...sort of, but I'll go with whomever ONole goes with...haha...the dude is usually spot on.
    I'm waiting...2 teams in particular are totally dependent on their QB being injury free...hint...neither are our heroes. .

Comment

BTW, I think revealing the total score seems counterproductive...makes the tie breaker mre a game of strategy than a game of football smarts.
      In other words, as we trust you, Mr Finatic, store everyone's total score on the site, hidden, till time comes it comes into play. Predictions visible is, of course what we want. Not sure why I think scores should be hidden...
      Never mind.
      Last edited by IMAWriter; 08-01-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Pats Saints 73 pts pats win

Comment

Rams vs Pats total 59 points.

Pats 31
          Rams 28

Not that it counts but if anyone keeps the Pats from the SB, I think it could be the Jags.
          Last edited by Dolfan1; 10-09-2018, 01:56 PM.
          only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

• Finatic
            Finatic commented
            Editing a comment
            Need who you predict will win for first tie breaker please sir

• Dolfan1
            Dolfan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd love to say the Rams but the NFL will make sure Brady gets one more ring and goes out in a blaze of glory.

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Not if it goes through NE. Based on the other 3 AFC East teams, it's almost a done deal the AFC Championship is played in NE. brrrr

Chiefs choke perennially

Comment

Jags over Rams 31 to 21

Comment

• Dolfan1
              Dolfan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You and I are thinking alike, see my post two above. Only reason I went with the pats is the same reason I picked them to win the SB. The NFL will see to it somehow.

• Finatic
              Finatic commented
              Editing a comment
              Great Tim. So I am taking 52 as your "total points"

vikings 23 cheifs 20 a fall back to the older days of hank stram vs. bud grant. len dawson,ottis taylor super bowl 4 cheifs won 23 -7

Comment

Vikings and Raiders. Vikings win. 38 total points.
              Can we sign this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
                Just kidding...sort of, but I'll go with whomever ONole goes with...haha...the dude is usually spot on.
                I'm waiting...2 teams in particular are totally dependent on their QB being injury free...hint...neither are our heroes. .
                Hahaha...nice, sorry I drug my feet...I'll have my predictions out today

Comment

The NFC seems to be the cream of the crop this year. On paper I think Minnesota may have the best roster in the NFL. However, I like what Green Bay has done and a healthy Rogers IMO makes them the favorite in the North.

Philly has a tough schedule, and while I don't think the Giants were as bad as they played last year. I am picking an upset and having the G-Men winning the East.

I think the NFC South comes down to Atlanta and New Orleans. I expect the dirty birds to fly high this year.

In the NFC West the Rams seem to be the team to beat. Seattle will hang around, and not sure what you will get out of SF and AZ.

In the AFC...I just don't know.

The Patriots unfortunately will own the East unless one of the other teams can show they have made a lot of progress.

I think the Steelers run away with the North

The South will be very competitive. On paper JAX has one of the best rosters in the NFL, but I don't trust Bortles. If Luck is healthy they will be a contender in that division.

Out west, it looks like SD should be solid, but for some reason they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. I actually see a resurgence from Denver.

NFC
                  Wildcards - Vikings, Eagles
                  Div Champs - Packers, Giants, Falcons, Rams
                  NFC Championship Game - Packers over the Falcons

AFC
                  Wildcards - Chargers, Colts
                  Div Champs - Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Jaguars
                  AFC Championship Game - Steelers over the Patriots

Super Bowl - Packers 34 over the Steelers 27

So it is written, so let it be done (I have till 10-01 to change right?) lol

Last edited by ONOle1; 08-12-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                    DolphinsFreak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You better hurry and change this post because you wrote "Steelers over the Patriots" and you have the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I really hope they don't make it to the Super Bowl. I can't stand the NFL because of the Patriots and the media.

• ONOle1
                    ONOle1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, guess I am just used to it LOL

• IMAWriter
                    IMAWriter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good stuff, and agree on much. Still, I think the Ravens much improved defense..which wasn't bad to begin with will give them the edge in the Division. I'm going on a limb and picking the 49'ers and Rams to tie for wins (11-5), but the 49'ers win the Division based on tie breakers. I think Garoppolo outduels Alex Smith when it matters. This will prove what I've always thought...the team with the best FO comes out on top. Lynch outsmarted Belicheat...not easy to do. Lynch's only real caveat...picking Freak's fave, Reuben "cannot pass go, cannot collect $200" Foster.

I'm going with the TV Package the NFL hasn't had in decades, which will set off conspiracy theories...….

New England Patriots 35 Los Angeles Rams 30

Comment

I'm going

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Los Angeles Rams

Final Steelers 28 Rams 35

Comment

OK, I'll bite...
                      Pats versus the Eagles. Final: Pats 38, Eagles 34. Total 72 points. IMA predicts: Rams won't win their division, the 49'ers will.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X