Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Coaches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Coaches

    While looking for solutions to fix the Dolphins the coaching replacement took over as coaching is a huge problem in itself. My criteria for my personal preferences require NFL head-coaching experience, strong leadership mentality, and can build off of what personel and scheme we already have. We just spent 2 years switching to a west coast O(WCO) which is now a Chip Kelly west coast hybrid O, 4 years switching to a zone blocking scheme(ZBS) and 4 years switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 zone as a base D. "The transition from the 3-4 to 4-3 is much easier than going from the 4-3 to 3-4, I will say that," said Fox to the Denver Post. Why spend the same amount of time switching all this around when a better staff can just build off of it?

    Head Coach: Mike Shanahan (FA)
    The huge fall out with the Redskins(yeah I said it) because of RGME, Haynsworth, and switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 should be the last lesson learned. Mike supposedly wanted Ryan Tannehill and we have him. Mike runs a WCO which we did and still do to an extent. Mike runs a ZBS which we do now(just suck at it) and Mike ran a 4-3 the entire time he was HC at Denver. Mike still has the fire left in him as well and because of his experience in the NFL he can put together a REAL staff from top to bottom.

    Offensive Coorinator: Tom Cable (OL- coach, Seattle Seahawks)
    The one name that binds Shanahan and Cable together is Alex Gibbs who is the godfather of the modern day ZBS. Gibbs brought his ZBS to Denver under Shanahans WCO and produced several 1000 yard rushers and a couple of superbowls. Gibbs went to Atlanta and added on to his scheme with a mobile QB in Vick where he taught the ZBS to Cable and the three years they were there they produced over 8,100 yards and over 5 yards per carry. Cable went to Oakland and produced 1000 yard rushers and is now with Seattle and we all know the ZBS success that is going on there.

    Defensive Coordinator: Jim Schwartz (FA)
    Old-school attitude that uses a 4-3 zone-based D. As a HC he couldn't quite get the Lions over the hump but did improve them. As the DC of the Jills he improved the D in nearly every statistical category as we should know.

    BTW this is just as of now.
    Last edited by VAIDER5120; 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM. Reason: BTW

  • #2
    I would like to see Shanny and Schwartz, not sure about Cable as an OC. I think he's a very good OL coach, but OC scares me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VAIDER5120 View Post
      While looking for solutions to fix the Dolphins the coaching replacement took over as coaching is a huge problem in itself. My criteria for my personal preferences require NFL head-coaching experience, strong leadership mentality, and can build off of what personel and scheme we already have. We just spent 2 years switching to a west coast O(WCO) which is now a Chip Kelly west coast hybrid O, 4 years switching to a zone blocking scheme(ZBS) and 4 years switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 zone as a base D. "The transition from the 3-4 to 4-3 is much easier than going from the 4-3 to 3-4, I will say that," said Fox to the Denver Post. Why spend the same amount of time switching all this around when a better staff can just build off of it?

      Head Coach: Mike Shanahan (FA)
      The huge fall out with the Redskins(yeah I said it) because of RGME, Haynsworth, and switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 should be the last lesson learned. Mike supposedly wanted Ryan Tannehill and we have him. Mike runs a WCO which we did and still do to an extent. Mike runs a ZBS which we do now(just suck at it) and Mike ran a 4-3 the entire time he was HC at Denver. Mike still has the fire left in him as well and because of his experience in the NFL he can put together a REAL staff from top to bottom.

      Offensive Coorinator: Tom Cable (OL- coach, Seattle Seahawks)
      The one name that binds Shanahan and Cable together is Alex Gibbs who is the godfather of the modern day ZBS. Gibbs brought his ZBS to Denver under Shanahans WCO and produced several 1000 yard rushers and a couple of superbowls. Gibbs went to Atlanta and added on to his scheme with a mobile QB in Vick where he taught the ZBS to Cable and the three years they were there they produced over 8,100 yards and over 5 yards per carry. Cable went to Oakland and produced 1000 yard rushers and is now with Seattle and we all know the ZBS success that is going on there.

      Defensive Coordinator: Jim Schwartz (FA)
      Old-school attitude that uses a 4-3 zone-based D. As a HC he couldn't quite get the Lions over the hump but did improve them. As the DC of the Jills he improved the D in nearly every statistical category as we should know.

      BTW this is just as of now.

      With Mike you WILL have an OL, no doubt. As many know I live in Denver, and under his Coaching they had a spectacular OL.

      Mike will also play players hurt, not always a good thing, they are expected to play no matter what. So you could "ruin" a players career....

      I can also tell you the DL will learn how to be nasty, nasty, nasty...and learn the cut block....

      We should get Schwartz right now and replace Coyle, he's waiting for our call......

      Comment


      • #4
        Good thread guys, I like your choices and reasons. I also think we need to reserve judgement on our roster until we get a real coaching staff. They will make those decisions. There are others I like as well. Cowher, Gruden, Haslett, Marrone. There are good coaches out there, we just have to go get one. Let's hope we get blown out by the Jets so Ross doesn't have the illusion that we are okay as is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Phintim Menace View Post
          Good thread guys, I like your choices and reasons. I also think we need to reserve judgement on our roster until we get a real coaching staff. They will make those decisions. There are others I like as well. Cowher, Gruden, Haslett, Marrone. There are good coaches out there, we just have to go get one. Let's hope we get blown out by the Jets so Ross doesn't have the illusion that we are okay as is.
          By the time we get a real coaching staff the current guys on the roster will probably be old, gray & senile; thinking back on this time like it was the 'good old days'...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
            I would like to see Shanny and Schwartz, not sure about Cable as an OC. I think he's a very good OL coach, but OC scares me.

            Well he was the OC in Oakland then the HC was fired so he became the HC which I'm sure knew but he did produce a running game and the key word here is OAKLAND. HAHA, I want a scary coach. Maybe he can knock some sense into these players especially the O-line like he did with that assistant.

            Comment


            • #7
              Another name to keep an eye on is Brain Schottenheimer. He was in NY while Tannebaum was there. Not sure how I feel yet but I know he likes to run the ball and he was the OC that took a Sanchez led Jets to the AFC championship twice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mike Shanahan and Jim Schwartz are available right now going into the bye. Perfect fits with what we have now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
                  I would like to see Shanny and Schwartz, not sure about Cable as an OC. I think he's a very good OL coach, but OC scares me.

                  Yes, bring in the Rat, as HC and OC, bring in Schwartz as DC....

                  It's not like Shanny would say no, he would want the best available, it could work out, but at least we would know what the players really can do....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VAIDER5120 View Post
                    Mike Shanahan and Jim Schwartz are available right now going into the bye. Perfect fits with what we have now.

                    LOL sorry Vaider, we were thinking the same....wait, how could fans agree with this and our owner can't see it????

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't even care if Philbin is fired during the season or not. He is going to be fired after the season for sure. I would rather clean house after the season and get it right as far as who we hire as our next HC than try some patchwork quick fix during the season which won't work anyway.

                      Comment


                      • London Fish & Chips
                        London Fish & Chips commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You might want to see if any of the players can actually play, at this point we only have 1 player that plays, the rest suck....

                      • Alpha
                        Alpha commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We have more than one, Dog....just not a lot more. Jones and Jenkins on D have been good. Landry and Cameron on O have been good. Pouncey has been alright too.
                        I count 5.

                        What really sickens me is our DL. They have a mountain of talent and have been INVISIBLE. We knew the LBs would be mediocre at best (it's been a problem for years and not fixed) and we knew the DBs outside of Grimes/Jones were a big question mark (that was not addressed). But Suh? Wake? OV? Mitchell? Shelby? Fede? Mosely? Are they still on the team?

                      • London Fish & Chips
                        London Fish & Chips commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alpha, I'm hoping with a new system we could raise that number to 45 or so......

                    • #12
                      Shanahan is no nonsense with a pair of Rings to back him up!!!
                      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        My first choice is to hire Mark Dantonio and his entire Michigan State staff. They've been together eleven years and have turned Spartan football into a national powerhouse. I'd also trade away BananaPeel immediately to position ourselves to nab Michigan State Quarterback, Connor Cook, with the #1 overall pick in the draft. They run pro style schemes and succeed because they play tough, fundamental football and can adjust to any style opponent. Few programs can boast that they've produced better NFL players than Michigan State during Dantonio's tenure. The timing couldn't be better for Dantonio as the arrival of Harbaugh at Michigan will only make it that much more difficult to recruit and at his age (59), could make his NFL career his coaching swan song. As a huge Michigan fan, Stephen Ross certainly knows how good Dantonio is.

                        Comment

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X