Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we didn't sign Suh

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If we didn't sign Suh

    What would you have realistically done in free agency and the draft? Here is what I would have done of course this is in hindsight.

    Free Agency

    DT Jared Odrick - Solid DT who is playing at least as well if not better than Suh for a third of the price.

    DB Chris Culliver - Solid corner for the Redskins and would be a major upgrade over McCain.

    TE Jordan Cameron - He has shown good chemistry with Tannehill so far.

    OG Evan Mathis - He would be starting in place of Thomas.

    FS Darian Stewart - He has been playing well for for the Broncos.

    Draft

    Round 1 OG Cameron Erving - He would probably be starting in place of Douglas. Parker i believe has a much higher ceiling as a WR than Erving does as an OG but we need immediate help on the o-line.

    Round 2 LB Denzel Perryman - No trade down. He is far better than any MLB we currently have.

    Round 3 OT Chaz Green - An upgrade over Jason Fox to be Albert's backup. No trade for Kenny Stills so we keep this pick.

    Round 4 DT Marcus Hardison - Some depth on the D-line.

    Round 5 RB Karlos Williams - Power back we need who just rushed for over 100 yards against us.

    Round 5 WR Kenny Bell - With no Parker Stills and Jennings we need to add another WR.

  • #2
    Yep on the FA is what I woulda done! Draft as much as I like what you did, would be too hard to predict. I'm glad the old VD or the new FTL is back at what he does best!!!
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was screaming the whole time during this aggravated assault on Ross's pocket book and the inept thought process during this shot in the dark draft... Time to clean house! You can add Maxwell to the list as well.. Just another need we could of had in FA's
      Last edited by HndRkyaBong34; 09-30-2015, 01:45 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HndRkyaBong34 View Post
        I was screaming the whole time during this aggravated assault on Ross's pocket book and the inept thought process during this shot in the dark draft... Time to clean house! You can add Maxwell to the list as well.. Just another need we could of had in FA's
        I know you hated this signing from the start Rick,, i on the other hand was beating the drum loudly for Suh thinking he'd transform our somewhat talented D into an elite (or close to it anyway) D..Upon further review..WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??!!! Same SHITTY DC, Same SHITTY HC, Same SHITTY Gameplans, Same SHITTY Schemes & Calls, Same SHITTY LB's, Same SHITTY Culture of Losing!!! I must've been outta my freakin' mind!!! HUGE Facepalm!

        Comment


        • #5
          We would still suck because we have this coaching staff...

          They didn't want OIdrick back (never made him and offer) because he spoke out against the coaching staff.

          They offered Mathis more money than Denver as it was but he chose Denver because he felt they had a better chance to win...He was right.

          The draft who knows...hindsight is 20/20. I didn't want Suh either because I felt he would never live up to his contract. With that being said before coming to Miami he was the best in the game at his position. The Dolphins coaching staff has finally figured out a way to shut him down...

          Comment


          • #6
            CB- Brandon Flowers
            FS- Tashaun Gipson
            NT/DT- Terrance Knighton
            RB- Frank Gore
            ILB- Rey Maualuga
            OG- Clint Boling

            Comment


            • #7
              The problem is, if we had not signed Suh and signed all these other guys instead, we would still be loosing games. Until we get rid of Faibin and company nothing will change. Signing this player or that player is like adding more mustard to chicken shit and expecting it to taste like chicken salad. Not gonna happen.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
                The problem is, if we had not signed Suh and signed all these other guys instead, we would still be loosing games. Until we get rid of Faibin and company nothing will change. Signing this player or that player is like adding more mustard to chicken shit and expecting it to taste like chicken salad. Not gonna happen.

                You are correct.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
                  We would still suck because we have this coaching staff...

                  They didn't want OIdrick back (never made him and offer) because he spoke out against the coaching staff.

                  They offered Mathis more money than Denver as it was but he chose Denver because he felt they had a better chance to win...He was right.

                  The draft who knows...hindsight is 20/20. I didn't want Suh either because I felt he would never live up to his contract. With that being said before coming to Miami he was the best in the game at his position. The Dolphins coaching staff has finally figured out a way to shut him down...
                  Do you have a link to the article that states that the Dolphins were willing to pay more money then the Broncos? I'm really interested in reading it because all I could find was that there was a "mystery team" that was willing to pay more, but most people believed that the mystery team was made up by Mathis' agent and that the Dolphins were only willing to pay HALF of what Mathis was asking. I have no idea what really happened but I have not read anything stating that the Dolphins were willing to pay more and would really like to read it so I don't think this front office is totally inept.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
                    The problem is, if we had not signed Suh and signed all these other guys instead, we would still be loosing games. Until we get rid of Faibin and company nothing will change. Signing this player or that player is like adding more mustard to chicken shit and expecting it to taste like chicken salad. Not gonna happen.
                    lol, i've always wondered why my chicken-shit tastes a bit too mustardy!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                      lol, i've always wondered why my chicken-shit tastes a bit too mustardy!
                      That's disgusting, Mayo is the only way to go with Chicken Shit.
                      While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

                        Do you have a link to the article that states that the Dolphins were willing to pay more money then the Broncos? I'm really interested in reading it because all I could find was that there was a "mystery team" that was willing to pay more, but most people believed that the mystery team was made up by Mathis' agent and that the Dolphins were only willing to pay HALF of what Mathis was asking. I have no idea what really happened but I have not read anything stating that the Dolphins were willing to pay more and would really like to read it so I don't think this front office is totally inept.

                        Here is an article from the Herald where Miami offered $2-3m but with an out after one year. He ended up signing with Denver for one year at $2.9m. I have heard others on the radio say that Miami offered in the $3-4m range for a two years deal with an option to get out after 2 years. I also heard Rosenhaus on Sirius NFL Radio say that Miami made a fair offer but Mathis felt Denver was a better fit.

                        http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...i-dolphin.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know its probably all moot since Philbin is still the HC so it wouldn't have mattered what we did we would still suck.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post


                            Here is an article from the Herald where Miami offered $2-3m but with an out after one year. He ended up signing with Denver for one year at $2.9m. I have heard others on the radio say that Miami offered in the $3-4m range for a two years deal with an option to get out after 2 years. I also heard Rosenhaus on Sirius NFL Radio say that Miami made a fair offer but Mathis felt Denver was a better fit.

                            http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...i-dolphin.html
                            Thanks for giving me the link. It does appear that the Dolphins were only willing to pay around half of what Mathis was asking. The Dolphins supposedly were offering 2-3 million, while Mathis was wanting 5.5 plus, so it makes sense why they didn't land him. Also, IF the rumors were correct the Dolphins seemed to have made it abundantly clear that he was only going to be with the team for one season. Players will sign contracts like that for one year IF you are a contender, which the Dolphins haven't been in a long time.

                            Once I saw Mando's face on that article I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't trust anything he writes and I certainly don't trust anything Rosenhaus says either.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not to rain on the parade of Odrick love... but he's a DE for the Jags and has exactly 1 more sack than Suh. He's not exactly setting the league on fire and he didn't do jack shat against the Pats. Conversely, Starks has the same number of tackles as well. They all 3 have 7. Odrick's 1 sack came against Jason fatass Fox shatting the bed. For their careers, Suh has more than twice the numbers of sacks.

                              As it is, Suh is a DT for us, playing mostly out of position, and he is consistently drawing double and triple teams while running Coyles idiotic stunts, which limits his effectiveness as he runs parallel to the LOS before attacking... and if you watched the Bills game, you saw the Bills keeping their QB 7 yards behind the LOS, well out of reach of our DL.

                              I totally am on-board with kicking Coyles to the curb. I've been on the fire Coyles bandwagon for 2 seasons as he's done nothing but take a consistent Top 5 defense and move us down the charts to where we are now - a bottom 5 defense. Some of it is youth, inexperience, and injuries, but a lot of it is his schemes and calls. He's just not a good DC.

                              As for the recent Tbaum hate, he just got here 7 months ago. He's the guy who originally hired Rex Ryan and put together a back to back championship finalist rosters. After Philbin is fired by ''Steve'' sometime this season, Ross is stepping back and Tbaum will run the whole thing and he and Hickey (if Hickey survives) will hire the next HC.

                              JM2C...

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X