5 stages of grief - where are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 stages of grief - where are you?

1. Denial - when I was taking a crap this morning scrolling through FB I saw we traded Ajayi - no way was my first thought = DENIAL
    2. Anger - have spent the majority of my day being pissed off at the entire world, but mostly the Dolphins who broke my heart again = ANGER
    3. Bargining - I'm trying to convince myself this was a good thing - if only Ajayi's attitude was dividing the lockerroom then well... = BARGINING
    4. Depression - I've been eating halloween candy all freaking day, my gut hurts, my blood sugar is soaring to new heights, I don't give a shit... = DEPRESSION
    5. Acceptance - okay I'm almost there. Not a dam thing I can do about it, why beat the wife, dog, and kids. Besides we finally can see Drake play = ACCEPTANCE

So it took all of about 6 hours to get through the 5 stages. I loved Ajayi - living in Idaho I watched him at Boise State and was begging for him in the 3rd, then 4th, then 5th rounds - when we picked him it was one of the happiest draft moments of my Dolfan life. But after going through stages 1 through 4 and reading post after post both for and against the trade I see a few positives here. First, Ajayi's knees are a real issue. The only reason he was available to us in the 5th was the bone on bone issues in his knee. This season he's already unable to practice during the week, which I believe has been part of his problem. 2. Ajayi is not the brightest guy. If you remember they totally dumbed down the running game playbook to accomendate him last season. He's a great RB no doubt, but there are only so many plays he's effective running, and he's not a good reciever out of the back field, and at best an average blocker in protection. 3. If you look at last year he really was a feast or famine guy. Half his yards came in 3 games the other 13 he was just average. 4. Attitude - he showed it last year and got left behind. He showed it in London throwing a fit on the field, and apparently he's been showing it all season long 5. Kenyan Drake - we have no idea what this kid can do and we spent a 3rd round pick on him. He's shown flashes of being a potential superstar but he was never going to get a chance behind Ajayi.

I'm not happy about the trade, feel like a mid to late 4th (it will be either Minnesota's or Phillys) wasn't enough, but I am a fan of Gases. I see a no nonsense coach who doesn't take crap, who expects players to be prepared and do their job, and someone not afraid to put his ass on the line with the intention of making this team better. Also draft - in the past a 4th rounder would be garbage for us, but look at this last draft. We have two late round rookies contributing to one of the best run defenses in the league. I trust Gase knows the kind of team he wants, the kind of players he wants, and unfortunately I think if you're going to play who's got the bigger dick Gase is going to win whether it's true or not.

In my opinion this season was lost when Tannehill went down. This was the season we were going to see if Gase was indeed a QB whisperer and if Tannehill was truly someone that could lead this team to the superbowl. Honestly we'd be better off not ending up 8 and 8 again so we can build the oline like we did the dline last season. We need to draft a QB at some point, but we get McMillian back, we get Lippett back, and we get Tannehill back. We need to invest heavily in the oline next draft similar to what they did with the dline this year. This team was not winning the SB with or without Ajayi, and sadly RB's are a dime a dozen. Look at the kid in KC. There will be plenty of options in the draft to get Ajayi's replacement if Drake doesn't show he can handle the load moving forward.

Idahomer must find a positive in this dark and dreary Halloween day!
    Last edited by Idahomer; 10-31-2017, 05:40 PM.

Well said I agree in seeing it through with Gase vision and giving him complete authority and trust for a good 3 years(already at 1.5 years) at which time we will know who he is. I can then make a decision as to if he is truly a great coach worth keeping. As you although it hurts like hell I chose Gase at this time.

Comment

Out of your options I would go with option 2, anger.

I am seriously thinking of walking away from my favorite sport until a friend or family member tells me that the Dolphins have built a solid offensive line and/or got a new quarterback. The poor decisions by different but equally inept front offices has me thinking that I will never see my favorite team ever make it to the Super Bowl.

Happy Halloween.

I get to look forward to literally 700-900 kids come to my door tonight. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ˜±πŸ€–β˜ οΈπŸ•·πŸ₯ƒπŸΊπŸΈ

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        I did some light, light investigation into this and it appears that this is far from a new thing with Cutler having issues throwing off his back foot. I would like to go back and check out his college tapes and see if this is a problem he developed playing behind terrible offensive lines or is it just an arrogance thing because he thinks his arm is that strong. It annoys me and I heard rumors that he is working on it. That made me laugh. Working on it? Sorry, I had Tannehill flashbacks. I think even Rodgers and Brady can get better at certain parts of their game but NOT throwing with their feet planted after being in the league this long or learning how to look off safeties. These are things you should learn in high school at the latest.

• Dolfan1
        Dolfan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's one of the benefits of living so far out in the country and the house being so far from the DIRT road we live on. Have not seen a trick or treater in 11 years. Hell even the Jehovah's Witnesses don't come here.

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        Best Costume had to go to these four kids that mist have parents with a flat bed or something. They went as characters from Mario Kart and they had Go Karts. It was hilarious!

on a positive note, offensive β€œgenius” Adam Gase finally found a way to stop defenses from stacking the box to stop the run!

Comment

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        lol - tru dat!!

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        Now THAT was funny!!

Season:
      2017 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
      DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
      Thu 10/26 L 0-40 13 23 1.8 21 0 4 18 4.5 6 0 0 0
      Sun 10/22 W 31-28 23 51 2.2 11 0 3 26 8.7 15 0 0 0
      Sun 10/15 W 20-17 26 130 5.0 18 0 0 0 .0 0 0 0 0
      Sun 10/8 W 16-10 25 77 3.1 11 0 2 2 1.0 2 0 1 1
      Sun 10/1 L 0-20 12 46 3.8 15 0 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0
      Sun 9/24 L 6-20 11 16 1.5 8 0 2 9 4.5 5 0 0 0
      Sun 9/17 W 19-17 28 122 4.4 20 0 2 4 2.0 3 0 0 0
      REGULAR SEASON STATS 138 465 3.4 21 0 14 67 4.8 15 0 1 1

How much is this production worth?

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Driven_Phinsane! - Yup. In wait and see mode. Just hoping that Drake can come in and play as well (or bad) as Ajayi did in these first 7 games.

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        If you dislike dumb, avoid players from the SEC save Vanderbilt and maybe UGA. TAMU used to be on the upper crust, but no longer.

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Also. Grier wouldn't know smart if it bit him in the ass.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...181968881.html

Miami Herald's Greg Cote's take on the trade..Might throw you back into stage 2 or 4...

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        Too much emotion?? Hey, look at the bright side..we all figured we needed something to wash the bad taste of that Thursday night ass-whipping out of our mouth's...not quite what I had in mind, but...........

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        The emotions comment wasn't aimed at you DP, but rather the overall Fin nation. I tend to be more cause and effect minded and look at the angles.

Got to credit the team for finding creative ways to make us forget about the last fires. There's always a new disaster with this team.

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, i figured you were talking about a day of 'too much emotion', just thought i'd try adding a little levity by trying to make a joke out of it...

I've been in stage four for close to 2 decades now. I need a xanax.
      only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
        I've been in stage four for close to 2 decades now. I need a xanax.
        I think i've been stuck in stage 1 for as long..Has to be denial, otherwise why would i keep coming back for more?!

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

I think i've been stuck in stage 1 for as long..Has to be denial, otherwise why would i keep coming back for more?!
          Cus you're batshit crazy just like all the rest of us.

Comment

Stage 4. A perpetual state for me.

Comment

• Aquaaiea
              Aquaaiea commented
              Editing a comment
              Love the word perpetual when used in the right sentence. Sucks when used to describe Dolphins dysfunction.
              Last edited by Aquaaiea; 11-01-2017, 02:05 PM.

I’m at stage 6. The gives no F**k stage.

Comment

• Aquaaiea
              Aquaaiea commented
              Editing a comment
              It used to be Dolphins or death! Now I put it in perspective. I do something fun when they lose to make up for it.

• Aquaaiea
                #11.1
                Aquaaiea commented
                1 hour ago
                It used to be Dolphins or death! Now I put it in perspective. I do something fun when they lose to make up for it.
                • Edit
                • Flag
            • Me too. I smash my toes with a 5 pound sledge. The physical pain makes me forget the mental anguish I just went through.

Comment

I'm in the too disgusted to care stage.
              Each time the team comes out with ZERO spark, I am sick to my stomach!
              They should at LEAST care about their careers, if not the winning...
              One of the hardest parts of being a fan is the realization that to many of these guys, it's not even "just a job", but "their due",
              and they expect people to kiss their lazy arses, win, lose, or draw!

(I actually feel somewhat responsible for this trade, since I bought an Ajayi jersey last year!)

Comment

None of the above. I missed Miller more than I will miss Jay. He has been a somewhat average RB with some VG and VB games.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
                  None of the above. I missed Miller more than I will miss Jay. He has been a somewhat average RB with some VG and VB games.
                  Agreed... you even have Bokamper talking about how Ajayi let the accolades of last season go to his head and how he was pissed when Stills was scoring TDs instead of him.

Ajayi was also a 2 down back. Those are easily forgotten. Hopefully Drake can make more of his opportunities. He's very similar to Miller.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X