Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphins O-line most invested but little to show for it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dolphins O-line most invested but little to show for it

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/d...925-story.html

  • #2
    Wow more than any other team. Hickey Philbin and Oline coach responsible for this one. FTL, I'll be looking forward to your Oline Mocks in the near future!
    L
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

    Comment


    • #3
      It has to be coaching. This line should be better than it is.
      Can we sign this guy?

      Comment


      • #4
        SAD!! Nole hit the nail on the head in another thread that we run to much ZBS and sliding the O-line to much. We need to mix it up and let the O-line man handle some guys from time to time. It may be a passing league but for the most part it still feeds off of a good running game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FinFan in KC View Post
          It has to be coaching. This line should be better than it is.
          Agreed... just like last year. Their decisions on who to play and who to sit was often a reason for poor play. Especially after Albert went down. We're crippled at LT and they decide to cripple us at 2 positions by moving James from RT to LT and putting Dallas at RT when Fox was healthy and the much better RT option. Same with their decisions on the Guards and where to play the others. Tired of it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

            Agreed... just like last year. Their decisions on who to play and who to sit was often a reason for poor play. Especially after Albert went down. We're crippled at LT and they decide to cripple us at 2 positions by moving James from RT to LT and putting Dallas at RT when Fox was healthy and the much better RT option. Same with their decisions on the Guards and where to play the others. Tired of it.

            And another great point. I'm sick of this $hit to.

            Comment


            • #7
              The money is very misleading. Albert is $10M this year and has not played, although he took snaps. Pouncey is $7M and doing pretty good.

              James is $2M and struggling. Dallas is $760K, Turner is $720K, and Douglas is $565K. The 4 combined would not pay for one decent OL FA.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by So Be View Post
                The money is very misleading. Albert is $10M this year and has not played, although he took snaps. Pouncey is $7M and doing pretty good.

                James is $2M and struggling. Dallas is $760K, Turner is $720K, and Douglas is $565K. The 4 combined would not pay for one decent OL FA.

                The article wasn't based on just money but added the draft pick status in as well. Yes the money part was very misleading but a lot of resources went in to this O-line and it still stinks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by So Be View Post
                  The money is very misleading. Albert is $10M this year and has not played, although he took snaps. Pouncey is $7M and doing pretty good.

                  James is $2M and struggling. Dallas is $760K, Turner is $720K, and Douglas is $565K. The 4 combined would not pay for one decent OL FA.
                  Yes, but I think you'll agree that since 2009, we've dedicated a ton of players and cash towards trying to resolve the poor overall OL play to have a solid, cohesive unit and that hasn't been the case.

                  James has been average at best but bad this season. Dallas constantly jerked around for 3 years and never allowed to settle in, but even at his natural position at Guard, he is struggling. Turner out of position, but still should have been able to contribute more. Douglas a rookie. Albert is about 80%, but even injured better than his replacements... Pouncey is a frog hair above average, but far from great.

                  I'm most disappointed in Dallas and Turner. This was the critical year for each and so far they've been total disappointments. Hopefully, the entire OL starts to gel and improve, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

                  The entire situation sucks and is a sore spot given the OL play seems to be gradually getting worse. Same thing with the defense.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VAIDER5120 View Post


                    The article wasn't based on just money but added the draft pick status in as well. Yes the money part was very misleading but a lot of resources went in to this O-line and it still stinks.
                    Pick wise there is Pouncey and James, who is too early to judge. Albert is hurt, and may or may not have been a bad FA choice. The OG's are 3rd and 4th round picks, where the success rate is not high but, needs time to evaluate.

                    My bottom line is that if we all listed the teams and players who have sucked in the first two games, we would very likely have playoff teams and likely a Pro Bowl team we could put together.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

                      Yes, but I think you'll agree that since 2009, we've dedicated a ton of players and cash towards trying to resolve the poor overall OL play to have a solid, cohesive unit and that hasn't been the case.

                      James has been average at best but bad this season. Dallas constantly jerked around for 3 years and never allowed to settle in, but even at his natural position at Guard, he is struggling. Turner out of position, but still should have been able to contribute more. Douglas a rookie. Albert is about 80%, but even injured better than his replacements... Pouncey is a frog hair above average, but far from great.

                      I'm most disappointed in Dallas and Turner. This was the critical year for each and so far they've been total disappointments. Hopefully, the entire OL starts to gel and improve, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

                      The entire situation sucks and is a sore spot given the OL play seems to be gradually getting worse. Same thing with the defense.
                      Have a pint or 10 and call me in a few weeks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by So Be View Post

                        Have a pint or 10 and call me in a few weeks.
                        Yes, had a quiet a few of my new favorite beer - Left Hand Milk Stouts while reviewing film. lol...

                        I get your point, but still, I'm seeing little on film from either the OL or the DL.

                        Comment

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X