Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC EAST STANDINGS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AFC EAST STANDINGS

    Buffalo Bills 1 - 0
    New England Patriots 1 - 0
    New York Jets 1 - 0
    Miami Dolphins 1 - 0


    It's all tied up, folks. I decided to put the four teams in our division in order of how well they played. I thought the Bills were by far, hands down, the best looking team in the division. Then the order goes down from there with the Dolphins at the bottom. Whomever thought the Dolphins schedule was going to be easy in the beginning, the Dolphins proved that nothing is easy in the NFL, they will have to earn every win. If they play like they did today, against the better teams coming up, it just won't work.

  • #2
    Let's see Belicheck, Ryan, Bowles, and Philbin. I'm depressed.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thats true nothing is easy in the NFL. I knew this game was not going to be easy. The Redskins are not as bad as you think. In actuality the Dolphins are in the most favorable position of any team in the division because we were the only team that played on the road.

      I am not going to overanalyze this game. The concerns were obvious. Our run defense was terrible especially in the first half. We struggled to run the ball ourselves and Tannehill had a disappointing game. This is a week to week league. Our defense could be dominant next week and Tannehill could have a great game. Every game is different. We're 1-0 and thats all the matters right now.

      Comment


      • phinfanfrom70s
        phinfanfrom70s commented
        Editing a comment
        your right that every week is different,but I see the same result as last year.they couldn't stop the run and they have suh that is one of the best run stoppers.
        so it says to me it's the coaching scheme. if this was brady today he would have dink and dunked miami to death today. now that washington had success against miamis d-line ,every team has the tape to look at what washington did against them today. run everything to the right away from suh and wake.but they are 1-0 which is way better than being 0-1 and that is what matters ,but they have to improve and that matters largely too!

    • #4
      I'd put it Buffalo best, Jets second, Pats 3rd and us last. Pats didn't win so much as Pitt lost. Pitt beat themselves.
      While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

      Comment


      • #5
        We are the only Conference that is undefeated.
        The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

        Comment


        • #6
          Alphabetically in the paper, we are second. So...who cares. We won. I love it.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
            Buffalo Bills 1 - 0
            New England Patriots 1 - 0
            New York Jets 1 - 0
            Miami Dolphins 1 - 0


            It's all tied up, folks. I decided to put the four teams in our division in order of how well they played. I thought the Bills were by far, hands down, the best looking team in the division. Then the order goes down from there with the Dolphins at the bottom. Whomever thought the Dolphins schedule was going to be easy in the beginning, the Dolphins proved that nothing is easy in the NFL, they will have to earn every win. If they play like they did today, against the better teams coming up, it just won't work.
            Aside from the Phins ranking, I could live with that being their order in week 2 as well... Bills beat the Cheatriots, Jets get punished by the Colts for their loss to the Bills. I DO hope that we see some better performances from our lines, running game, and coaches next week, but mostly I hope we are 2-0 and talking about how we won in Jax...

            Comment


            • #8
              Happy as hell to escape D.C. (Well, technically Landover, MD. i guess) with a W..We probably didn't deserve to win the game and if not for Landry, more than likely wouldn't have..but how many times have we lost a game we should've won?! Games exactly like this one...

              I do know that it was a very strange game to watch, flashbacks of last year where we played down to a bad teams level, gave up huge chunks of yardage on the ground, couldn't force a team off the field at any point during long drives and new Tannehill looking like Tannehill of old; i know there was a point in the game where i had already started thinking well, it's not the end of the world starting out 0 & 1...We've seen this exact Groundhog Day scenario play out over & over again so many times that everyone of us should know the script by heart..but a strange thing happened on the way to the division basement; this time, somehow, someway, we actually found a way to win. Damn sure wasn't pretty, hell, it was probably the ugliest thing i've seen since i saw Bruce Jenner in a dress (Just kidding..he actually doesn't look that bad..), but we did win, we are tied for first in the division and we can now head to Jax hoping the game we saw yesterday was just a case of a bad opening game & not a precursor of things to come!!

              Comment


              • #9
                We will squeak by again because that's what we do. Then surprise people by dominating a tough opponent later. It's the Philbin philosophy hehehe.
                The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Wulf View Post

                  Aside from the Phins ranking, I could live with that being their order in week 2 as well... Bills beat the Cheatriots, Jets get punished by the Colts for their loss to the Bills. I DO hope that we see some better performances from our lines, running game, and coaches next week, but mostly I hope we are 2-0 and talking about how we won in Jax...
                  Week 2 AFC East Standings

                  Bills 2 - 0
                  Dolphins 2 - 0
                  Patriots 1 -1
                  Jets 1 - 1

                  Yeah, I have to agree with you that this would make up for things a bit.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Has anyone gone back and watched the Bills game?? I didn't see it and i'm just curious how the game went down - All i caught were the updates & the highlights and was wondering if the Bills were as impressive as it appeared against a quality opponent in the Colts (who many including myself have as an early SB favorite) IMO, (and this opinion was formulated before yesterdays game) the Bills should surprise no one, they are gonna be flat-out beast & are gonna be super-tough for us to match up against. They could very well be the top dog in our division; their upcoming game against the Pats could go a long way in determining just how good they can be this year...

                    Comment


                    • DolphinsFreak
                      DolphinsFreak commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What I did catch of this game, the Bills looked like the most impressive team that I have seen play in week one. If their new QB can keep playing like he did, while evolving with each start, this Bills team could be making a playoff run and possibly a Super Bowl run. JMO

                    • Dolfan1
                      Dolfan1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Bills are no joke bud, they have me more concerned than the Pats do.

                  • #12
                    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.
                    1-0

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
                      Has anyone gone back and watched the Bills game?? I didn't see it and i'm just curious how the game went down - All i caught were the updates & the highlights and was wondering if the Bills were as impressive as it appeared against a quality opponent in the Colts (who many including myself have as an early SB favorite) IMO, (and this opinion was formulated before yesterdays game) the Bills should surprise no one, they are gonna be flat-out beast & are gonna be super-tough for us to match up against. They could very well be the top dog in our division; their upcoming game against the Pats could go a long way in determining just how good they can be this year...

                      The Bills may have looked good yesterday but I do not think there is any way that Tyrod Taylor plays that well the whole season. Their D looked awesome but I think their offense will come back to earth over the next few weeks.

                      Comment


                      • Driven_Phinsane!
                        Driven_Phinsane! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anything that team gets from the QB position is just icing on the cake...Granted, it's just the first game of the season & no one's punching their ticket to the SB but i think if anyone sleeps on or looks past the Bills, they'll be sorry..Also, keep in mind with Rex Ryan inheriting that sick D & the Bills signing McCoy & Harvin, really all Tyrod has to be is half-decent..

                        Throw in the fact that even without their new additions, we had a hard enough time beating them anyway and the thought of facing them twice almost makes me queasy...

                    • #14
                      Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
                      Has anyone gone back and watched the Bills game?? I didn't see it and i'm just curious how the game went down - All i caught were the updates & the highlights and was wondering if the Bills were as impressive as it appeared against a quality opponent in the Colts (who many including myself have as an early SB favorite) IMO, (and this opinion was formulated before yesterdays game) the Bills should surprise no one, they are gonna be flat-out beast & are gonna be super-tough for us to match up against. They could very well be the top dog in our division; their upcoming game against the Pats could go a long way in determining just how good they can be this year...
                      I watched part of it. It was raining and sloppy. Luck looked terrible most of the game, but they couldn't run on the Bills and was 1 dimensional. He threw close to 50 passes including 2 INTs while facing constant pressure. The Colts didn't score until the 3rd Qtr then again in garbage time. Total blowout by the Bills, but the Colts Defense sucked I thought.

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

                        I watched part of it. It was raining and sloppy. Luck looked terrible most of the game, but they couldn't run on the Bills and was 1 dimensional. He threw close to 50 passes including 2 INTs while facing constant pressure. The Colts didn't score until the 3rd Qtr then again in garbage time. Total blowout by the Bills, but the Colts Defense sucked I thought.
                        yeah, i wasn't surprised that the Bills won the game but i was surprised that they seemed to do it pretty effortlessly..Sucks the Bills got Ryan, i personally dread thinking where he can take that D, which was already sick to begin with. What sucks even more is i really wanted us to fire Queasy Joe after last year & sign Rex as our new HC, if for nothing else than to give our team some type of freakin' personality!

                        Comment

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X