Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRANDON SCHERFF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BRANDON SCHERFF

    Does anyone have anything to say about him?

    Does anyone think he wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick?


  • #2
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I better keep my mouth shut Freak. Might get banned

    Comment


    • #3
      I still don't think he was worth the pick where Miami picked...

      Besides, he was picked 9 spots before Miami picked...what is your point?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
        Does anyone have anything to say about him?

        Does anyone think he wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick?

        Yes I do but he was picked 5th overall. He was not available to us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Everybody here wanted him.. He just wasn't available... Should of moved up for Mariota...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HndRkyaBong34 View Post
            Everybody here wanted him.. He just wasn't available... Should of moved up for Mariota...
            Moved up for Mariota? That would have cost us our entire daft and our first round pick the next couple of years. Not to mention the fact that the titans would not have made the trade anyway.

            Comment


            • HndRkyaBong34
              HndRkyaBong34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Since we're talking hypothetical's... Why not? Chip Kelly is the new Dolphins coach, Marioto at QB and a Dline as good as Buffalo... Hell yes!

          • #7
            Yeah, he was worth the pick alright.

            Comment


            • #8
              College Tackle switched to Guard and they used the 5th overall pick?? Nah, IMHO a guard is not worth that high of a pick. Everyone was screaming when we took Pouncey at 15 that you don't take a guard that high in the draft because everyone thought he'd be a guard not a center. Scherff sure has cut blocking down to a science though.
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

              Comment


              • Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll give him his due there bud but if you asked me if I'd spend a 5th pick over all for a guard, my answer would still be no.

              • ONole1
                ONole1 commented
                Editing a comment
                He? Meaning singular? I don't think I noticed many plays where Duh was not double and triple teamed.

              • Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed Shane.

            • #9
              It wasn't the rookie guard who had issues today. It was Thomas and Albert who didn't look so hot. Albert is understandable. Where the screwed the pooch is not signing Mathis. Douglas I thought looked good today for his first game.

              Comment


              • #10
                Most people know how I feel, the Dolphins should have done everything they could to protect their quarterback who just happens to be the most sacked quarterback in the NFL. Instead, they just go out and get him a bunch of weapons. They didn't do much to address the o-line but in the 11th hour there was a gem just sitting there waiting to be signed in Mathis and they ignored it. Big Mistake!

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by HndRkyaBong34 View Post
                  Everybody here wanted him.. He just wasn't available... Should of moved up for Mariota...
                  Not everybody wanted him. There were MANY who wanted a Wide Receiver no matter what. "If we trade up we need to do it for a wide receiver and not a tackle or guard." I disagree.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

                    Not everybody wanted him. There were MANY who wanted a Wide Receiver no matter what. "If we trade up we need to do it for a wide receiver and not a tackle or guard." I disagree.
                    I would have liked to have Scherff but do you realize how much it would have cost for us to trade up for him? Were you willing to give up this years draft and our first and second round picks next year? He is good but he is not that good.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

                      I would have liked to have Scherff but do you realize how much it would have cost for us to trade up for him? Were you willing to give up this years draft and our first and second round picks next year? He is good but he is not that good.
                      It wouldn't have cost as much as you are stating. The difference is about 650 points, which would equate to a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, unless you want to mix it up with a few later round picks with one early round pick OR add a player like Dion Jordan into the mix or someone else that might have greater value. I would have done a lot to try and protect the most important position on the team. That's just my opinion on the subject.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

                        It wouldn't have cost as much as you are stating. The difference is about 650 points, which would equate to a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, unless you want to mix it up with a few later round picks with one early round pick OR add a player like Dion Jordan into the mix or someone else that might have greater value. I would have done a lot to try and protect the most important position on the team. That's just my opinion on the subject.
                        You are also assuming that one of those teams in the top 5 would have been willing to trade down with us. I agree that we should have addressed the o-line and we had a chance in free agency when we could have signed Mathis but for some reason we didn't think we needed to which I don't understand.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Wouldn't matter who we drafted. We don't have coaches to coach them up.. You only as good as your teacher.. And this team is taught in the portable class room on a continuation school campus..

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X