Clear All

• Dolphins cuts

According to Barry Jackson here is the list so far;
    LB - James Davidson
    DT - Anthony Johnson
    OL - Michael Liedtke
    OL - Donald Hawkins

more to come...
    Last edited by Dolfan1; 09-04-2015, 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling. :)

I'm hoping LaMike makes it, and we keep 4 RB's. It would also be good for Lippett to have an "injury" to go on IR.

Comment

LOL, they are probably asking him if he's ok today cause he looks like he is limping...wink, wink

Comment

Add WR Damarr Aultman to the list

Comment

Anthony Johnson is a tough one. He'll probably be signed elsewhere today. Gillislee and LaMike have to be neck and neck. Ajayi looks electric and can handle the receiving duties out of the backfield. Keeping Gillislee opens the door to keep Christion Jones as the return guy, which I'm all for. Rough decisions to be made by the guys upstairs. Mike Hull is assuredly in or assuredly already out based on the very limited playing time he got last night. He made plays when he was in and he's playing the most special teams, so. We will soon see which. I think Hull is our 2nd best OLB behind Jenkins. Love to see Lippett stick and develop. Still trade W Davis. Value should be at its premium after last night. I'd rather keep Vigil over Sheppard.

Comment

• Alpha
            Alpha commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed - I'm a bit disappointed they let Johnson go. I think he has a lot of potential. I'd have been more likely to let CJ Mosely go as he's late in his career and only a very short term help. Johnson could have been an key piece of a dominant DL for a long time. That said, him going bodes well for AJ Francis - who I REALLY like.

• Alpha
            Alpha commented
            Editing a comment
            Also I personally hope we keep both Vigil and Hull....I have loved what I've seen from them in the preseason. We aren't strong at LB - and I could see both of them turning out to be very good players in future. I wouldn't mind seeing Luc find a home on the PS too.

Someone from FOX sports was reporting James has been told he made the 53...

Comment

DT Deandre Coleman

Comment

Freeman Cut!

Comment

• Alpha
                Alpha commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope they told him to help MBT carry his bags out too....

Jeff Luc said to be cut. Hope he makes it to the PS - I like the way he hits.

Comment

I am surprised we cut Anthony Johnson. I would have rather kept him than CJ Mosley who will probably only be with the Dolphins for one year. Having Francis and Johnson as our 4th and 5th DT's would have been nice since we would have quality young depth.

Comment

• Alpha
                  Alpha commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed 100%....

I can already picture Hull, Vigil and Jenkins as our three LBs with McCain spelling Wake and both OLBs.

Comment

Something to consider on keeping Hazel and 6 WR's is next year. I don't see any way we keep Jennings because of age and salary, and Matthews is a FA. It would be nice to have a guy with the team experience and also cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by So Be View Post
                    Something to consider on keeping Hazel and 6 WR's is next year. I don't see any way we keep Jennings because of age and salary, and Matthews is a FA. It would be nice to have a guy with the team experience and also cheap.
                    I totally agree, keeping Hazel is actually more important for the future since Jennings probably won't be here next year and Mathews will be a free agent. Hazel will be a cheap option and a very good option as a #4 WR. I really think he is going to be good and it would be a shame if its for someone else.

Comment

I have to wonder if Matthews has a VG year, and we want to keep him, does he put Philbin in his doghouse to do so?

Comment

I don't know about Philbin, but a very few lucky players get a real shot at the peak of their career to get the big deal. As a fan, I always want the player to compromise and stay with my team for cheap. But if it was my career, and someone was dangling millions of dollars on a one time deal in front of me, I'd take it. It's hard for us (or them) to grasp that being 30 in the NFL is the same as being 60 in the work force. If you get offered a major payday as you near the end of your career, you better take it. How much do you think Suh's next contract will be for?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X