Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip the Script

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flip the Script

    This team needs to play the first team offense and defense for 8 quarters over the next two pre-season games subbing in players here and there. They are not ready to play full contact at full speed. Forget rest. Forget health. Play your best guys and get some chemistry going even if we're facing 3rd teamers. If we don't get a lot of momentum going and carry it into week #1 in Seattle, we are going to get crushed. Once again I'm not sure what we're trying to do but if it has anything to do with succeeding they are a long way off. Gase and his staff need to forget about games 13-16 and focus all their energy on preparing for weeks 1-4. That means treating the final two preseason games like regular season games. I don't care if that means beating a team by 40. Maybe 20? Maybe 10? Whatever. If this team starts out flat and gets embarrassed against Seattle and NE, there will be no bouncing back. These guys have got to learn to play together. Maybe they need to face some 2nd and 3rd stringers to get in sync and iron out the wrinkles. Full speed, fulltime, 100%. I'd name my starters tomorrow and tell them the season starts for real in Orlando. It's not a long season if you start 2-6.
    Last edited by kelbail2.2; 08-20-2016, 02:51 AM.

  • #2
    Who played with heart out there tonight? Maybe a handful of players at best. Stills? Grant? Maybe a few others. This team lacks heart. They quit on their coach last season. They looked like they half-assed it or quit on their entire coaching staff in tonight's game. Are the Dolphins a bunch of quitters?

    The defensive starters should get way more playing time in the next two games. Gaze didn't think they were ready. The defensive players stayed that they were. They showed they are not even close the being ready. How are they supposed to get ready playing against the Dolphins offense? The o-line is a complete just joke. The play calling is equal to Sherman and Lazor. This defense needs to play against other teams if they hope to get better and build chemistry in real game time speed and conditions.

    The offense sucked. The o-line can't create holes. The announcers said that Foster has lost a step. How would they know, he had nowhere to run. The receivers kept dropping the passes that finally were thrown to them. When a mediocre quarterback was one of your best players, you are playing for one of the worst teams in the league.

    Embarrasing game and and the Dolphins deserve all the negative press they will receive from tonight's game. Quitters.

    Comment


    • Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      I would add Pead to that list with Stills and Grant.

    • DolphinsFreak
      DolphinsFreak commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Pead is standing out the same way Stills and Grant are. All three players look like rookies trying to make the team. They stand out so much because they look like the only players on the field who care about winning. Everyone else seems like they are going through the motions. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but that is how this team looks to me, like they are not trying and simply are going through the motions.

  • #3
    I'm down with starting an 18 game season here on out. Let's go 3-1 in preseason and canary the momentum into September.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

    Comment


    • #4
      Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
      I'm down with starting an 18 game season here on out. Let's go 3-1 in preseason and canary the momentum into September.
      I really can't see this team winning 4 or 5 games the entire season, and that's probably giving them credit for the one they eked out against the Giants scrubs last week......

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

        I really can't see this team winning 4 or 5 games the entire season, and that's probably giving them credit for the one they eked out against the Giants scrubs last week......
        Pre-season... guys still learning new schemes and teammate tendencies on both sides of the ball while vets like Albert, Pouncey, Foster, Suh, Mario, etc... gave about 3/4 effort. I expect them to rachet it up another gear or 3 by the time the RS gets here. I liked Ajayi and Pead in the game. Ajayi several times made positive yards out of what should have been losses in the backfield.

        Game 3 we should see much improvement I think... (hope)...

        Comment


        • #6
          It is preseason but the other teams have not been nearly this bad. It is new guys in new schemes. That's why I recommend getting in sync now. When you play such a pussy style offense, you better be crisp. We are far from crisp. If we get a head start on the season and play like it's a 14 game regular season, maybe the ones at the end will matter.

          Comment


          • #7
            The problem I am having is not the schematic part. This is preseason and a new coaching staff and a lot of new players. I don't care what the score is or the consistency. There are no game plans and a deliberate attempt to hide some new schemes from future opponents. So the score and even the stats are not the telling factors.

            What is bothering me is seeing every player on both sides of the ball losing their one on one battles. Watching guys like Suh and Albert get rag dolled one on one. Watching Alonzo fly all over the field only to miss tackle after tackle. Watching every player on our starting offensive line get whipped on half of the plays, meaning with 5 of them 2 to 3 guys unblocked on every offensive play.

            Maybe all these guys think it's only preseason and they are so dominant that they can just wait and flip the switch whenever they want, where would that confidence be coming from, last year's record?

            I want to start checking some man cards! If I am a guy like Suh, and the guard in front of me knocks my junk all in the dirt and then does it again the next play and the next. Pretty soon I am going to bust his ass, I don't care if it is preseason or the Superbowl! I don't want to get physically beaten down like that and humiliated time after time in front of the whole world.

            I never once saw Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas or Dan Marino play like this whether it's preseason or not. Champions don't like to get beat. Not in preseason, not in horseshoes, not in checkers. They are competitive and hate losing at anything. These guys??????

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

              Pre-season... guys still learning new schemes and teammate tendencies on both sides of the ball while vets like Albert, Pouncey, Foster, Suh, Mario, etc... gave about 3/4 effort. I expect them to rachet it up another gear or 3 by the time the RS gets here. I liked Ajayi and Pead in the game. Ajayi several times made positive yards out of what should have been losses in the backfield.

              Game 3 we should see much improvement I think... (hope)...
              I hear what you're sayin' cuch but IMO you can't really just look at the garbage we're witnessing on the field and pass it off as just being preseason..It's preseason for EVERYONE..Face it, when our 1's are going against the other teams 1's we're flat-out being abused in every way! The offense is terrible (as usual!) starting every game with multiple 3 & outs (I mean come on, we didn't even pick up our first 1st down against Dallas til almost halftime!) You just can't win games like that...Crazy thing is, i expected it from the offense, why wouldn't i?? But the defense might even be worse than the O, maybe even worse than last years D..Can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, can't stop making mistakes period..It's like deja vu all over again....

              For the life of me i can't understand how we can change coaches, change GM's, change players, change whole schemes, even change owners and we still field the same product with the same glaring deficiencies...I know this isn't an overnight fix and have said so on many occasions, but silly me, i'd think you could look at the team and at least get some kind of feeling that eventually things are gonna be different!

              Comment


              • HndRkyaBong34
                HndRkyaBong34 commented
                Editing a comment
                Plus, if you look at other lowly teams like the Raiders, Rams, Skins, Bucs, 9er's.. they all are seeing positive results in the rebuilding process.. The Dolphins? Not so much...plus, we have spent a ridiculous about of money trying..... SMH

              • cuchulainn
                cuchulainn commented
                Editing a comment
                @DP - we've changed 1/3 of the roster and 90% of the coaching staff, as well as implementing new schemes and responsibilities across the board for the team. Offensively, we have made a ton of progress IMO as coaches have said for years to that it takes 4 to 8 real games to get in sync. The defense is scary bad right now, but again, we're playing pretty vanilla and we were facing some very good offensive talent with the Cowboys. The tackling will be cleaned up by the time the season gets here and missed tackles have been the real story I think.

                @Ricky - none of those teams are in the same rebuild as we are, nor are they operating under new staff with the amount of roster churn we currently are. Gonna take more than 1 season. What we're looking for is progress. We're seeing that on the Offense. The Defense is still struggling in coverage, assignments, and depth.

            • #9
              So everyone agrees. This is the time to get things ratcheted up and in tune. Repetition is the key. The more these guys play together, the more they will learn to play off one another and communicate with each other. They should look better and better as the game goes on. They'll start finishing plays better and they'll be better prepared for 60 minutes on September 11.
              I'm nowhere near panic mode for this team. One, I do believe players treat these games differently than regular season games. Guys like B Albert is still working off rust from the shredded knee. However, it was a good point that this isn't a good team with solid chemistry. It's not like they can go through the motions in preseason. This team needs work. I have faith in the long time vets to be ready. Now's the time to stoke the fire and forge the metal.
              Two, I don't expect much from the 2016 Dolphins. I would like to see guys start finding their fits within the new schemes and start playing together as a unit. Once we reach that level we will start to see which individuals are worthy or not.

              Comment


              • London Fish & Chips
                London Fish & Chips commented
                Editing a comment
                Ratchet what up...

                You mean tackling on D, not a Miami Dolphin requirement

                You mean covering a WR,, not a Miami Dolphin requirement

                You mean run the ball, not a Miami Dolphin requirement

                Year in year out same problems, No OL, Nobody that can tackle on D, especially Alonzo, but what did you really expect, he sucked last year, why would he not suck this year...

                RT had a great game, Stills did well, after that Zero....

                Look on the bright side, cuts shouldn't be a problem, we have the worse OL and D in the league...

                3-4 games if we're lucky...

                "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" same thing different coaches....

            • #10
              Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
              So everyone agrees. This is the time to get things ratcheted up and in tune. Repetition is the key. The more these guys play together, the more they will learn to play off one another and communicate with each other. They should look better and better as the game goes on. They'll start finishing plays better and they'll be better prepared for 60 minutes on September 11.

              I'm nowhere near panic mode for this team. One, I do believe players treat these games differently than regular season games. Guys like B Albert is still working off rust from the shredded knee. However, it was a good point that this isn't a good team with solid chemistry. It's not like they can go through the motions in preseason. This team needs work. I have faith in the long time vets to be ready. Now's the time to stoke the fire and forge the metal.

              Two, I don't expect much from the 2016 Dolphins. I would like to see guys start finding their fits within the new schemes and start playing together as a unit. Once we reach that level we will start to see which individuals are worthy or not.
              Good post... completely agree - though I think we still have the talent to win 9 games. Comes down to staying healthy and the team gelling quickly and starting no worse that 2-2 in the first quarter of the season.

              Comment


              • #11

                #8.2
                cuchulainn commented
                1 hour ago
                @DP - we've changed 1/3 of the roster and 90% of the coaching staff, as well as implementing new schemes and responsibilities across the board for the team. Offensively, we have made a ton of progress IMO as coaches have said for years to that it takes 4 to 8 real games to get in sync. The defense is scary bad right now, but again, we're playing pretty vanilla and we were facing some very good offensive talent with the Cowboys. The tackling will be cleaned up by the time the season gets here and missed tackles have been the real story I think.


                yeah, i get that there's been a huge upheaval regarding both the roster & coaching staff..i also realize that this isn't an overnight fix..but we're witnessing the same crap we've witnessed for years, if not decades..Listless play by guys who either look like they have no clue as to what they're doing or guys that look like they couldn't give a shit..Not sure where the ton of progress on O is that you're seeing, granted we can usually move the ball when our #2's & #3's are playing the opposing 2's & 3's, but as far as i've seen from the 1's it's pretty much been the same ol'-same ol'; zero ground game, sacks, dropped balls, penalties, 3 & outs (Tannehill did look decent against the Cowboys; credit where credit is due..other than that everything seemed to remain pretty much the same)

                The defense is flat-out TERRIBLE; some of the worst tackling i've ever seen..Not sure why you're optimistic that somehow they're gonna get this cleaned up by the RS, but bad or non-existent tackling has been a staple of our D's for a few years, not sure why there should be any reason for optimism that that's gonna change anytime soon...

                I know that you're still optimistic that this team can win 9 games this season but i look at this team and this schedule and no matter how hard i try i just can't see them winning more than 3-4 games (5 if we're lucky..or unlucky as it will only mess up draft position),, i mean who are we supposed to beat??..If i'm being totally honest here, i could actually see this team losing 14 games...

                I think we get killed by Seattle to open the season, i think even a Brady-less Pats team will beat us handily playing on their home turf, we might beat the Browns in our home opener (and that's not a given), but i see a very good possibility of us losing the next 5 games (Cincy, Tenn, Pitt, Buff, NYJ) then we hit our easy part of the schedule (SD, LA, SF) i call it the easy part, but we'd be lucky to win 2 out of 3..before finishing the season out with the brutal run of Balt, Ariz, NYJ, Buff and N.E.
                Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 08-22-2016, 03:17 PM.

                Comment


                • #12
                  we've changed 1/3 of the roster and 90% of the coaching staff, as well as implementing new schemes and responsibilities across the board for the team. Offensively, we have made a ton of progress IMO as coaches have said for years to that it takes 4 to 8 real games to get in sync. The defense is scary bad right now, but again, we're playing pretty vanilla and we were facing some very good offensive talent with the Cowboys. The tackling will be cleaned up by the time the season gets here and missed tackles have been the real story I think.

                  On O we've made a ton of progress...last year, couldn't run the ball, this year, still can't run the ball, Last years OL stunk, this year same stinky smell, last year, RT running for his life, this year, same issue....Progress, that's what we call progress, not in my book....

                  On D, last year we couldn't tackle, what's changed, nada....

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                    #8.2
                    cuchulainn commented
                    1 hour ago
                    @DP - we've changed 1/3 of the roster and 90% of the coaching staff, as well as implementing new schemes and responsibilities across the board for the team. Offensively, we have made a ton of progress IMO as coaches have said for years to that it takes 4 to 8 real games to get in sync. The defense is scary bad right now, but again, we're playing pretty vanilla and we were facing some very good offensive talent with the Cowboys. The tackling will be cleaned up by the time the season gets here and missed tackles have been the real story I think.


                    yeah, i get that there's been a huge upheaval regarding both the roster & coaching staff..i also realize that this isn't an overnight fix..but we're witnessing the same crap we've witnessed for years, if not decades..Listless play by guys who either look like they have no clue as to what they're doing or guys that look like they couldn't give a shit..Not sure where the ton of progress on O is that you're seeing, granted we can usually move the ball when our #2's & #3's are playing the opposing 2's & 3's, but as far as i've seen from the 1's it's pretty much been the same ol'-same ol'; zero ground game, sacks, dropped balls, penalties, 3 & outs (Tannehill did look decent against the Cowboys; credit where credit is due..other than that everything seemed to remain pretty much the same)

                    The defense is flat-out TERRIBLE; some of the worst tackling i've ever seen..Not sure why you're optimistic that somehow they're gonna get this cleaned up by the RS, but bad or non-existent tackling has been a staple of our D's for a few years, not sure why there should be any reason for optimism that that's gonna change anytime soon...

                    I know that you're still optimistic that this team can win 9 games this season but i look at this team and this schedule and no matter how hard i try i just can't see them winning more than 3-4 games (5 if we're lucky..or unlucky as it will only mess up draft position),, i mean who are we supposed to beat??..If i'm being totally honest here, i could actually see this team losing 14 games...

                    I think we get killed by Seattle to open the season, i think even a Brady-less Pats team will beat us handily playing on their home turf, we might beat the Browns in our home opener (and that's not a given), but i see a very good possibility of us losing the next 5 games (Cincy, Tenn, Pitt, Buff, NYJ) then we hit our easy part of the schedule (SD, LA, SF) i call it the easy part, but we'd be lucky to win 2 out of 3..before finishing the season out with the brutal run of Balt, Ariz, NYJ, Buff and N.E.

                    We've been expected to win 10+ games each of the last 2 seasons, but the wheels would fall off with injuries and stupid fkn coaching decisions. Philbin and his staff should have been sacked when Bully-gate broke open. That said, I feel better about Gase as a HC than anyone else we've had since JJ was here. I think with better coaching we'd have won 9 games the past 2 seasons regardless.

                    We're starting to see competence on the OL and we're seeing good routes and changes to involve all the receivers, TEs, and backs. The starting O looked good against the Cowboys. That's something to build upon.

                    Defensively, I still think we're staying vanilla, and we know that we still have guys like Howard, Chekwa, and Culliver out. The missed tackles and lack of actual press coverage are the things that actually concern me, but I trust that once R Jones is back in the game and the LBs start making their assignments, we'll be a lot better.

                    Game 3 will be a much better indicator of where we're at IMO. Hope they don't disappoint - again.

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by Seadog View Post
                      we've changed 1/3 of the roster and 90% of the coaching staff, as well as implementing new schemes and responsibilities across the board for the team. Offensively, we have made a ton of progress IMO as coaches have said for years to that it takes 4 to 8 real games to get in sync. The defense is scary bad right now, but again, we're playing pretty vanilla and we were facing some very good offensive talent with the Cowboys. The tackling will be cleaned up by the time the season gets here and missed tackles have been the real story I think.

                      On O we've made a ton of progress...last year, couldn't run the ball, this year, still can't run the ball, Last years OL stunk, this year same stinky smell, last year, RT running for his life, this year, same issue....Progress, that's what we call progress, not in my book....

                      On D, last year we couldn't tackle, what's changed, nada....
                      Then you didn't pay attention to the passing game against the Cowboys, nor the pass blocking. It was vastly improved and you saw Tannehill changing the protection and getting it right. He was not running for his life. He had time in the pocket to make completions and did so. If Cameron and Landry hadn't dropped TDs, his line would have looked much better. As it was, he still completed 2 TDs, a 55 yard bomb, 2 option runs, and had a passer rating of 119. He had a great game.

                      The run blocking was an issues, but again, this was the 1st time that these 5 guys had lined up and played together in a game. Ajayi showed he can make guys miss and Pead was a highlight as well. I feel they'll be better with more reps - especially now that we have our OL set.

                      The concern is the injury to Pouncey and how well Steen can play.

                      Defense has issues with tackling, but again, once we get some guys back and actually plan for a game, we'll look much better. Joseph isn't showing everything and shouldn't.

                      Comment


                      • London Fish & Chips
                        London Fish & Chips commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, how long before teams figure out we can't run the ball, Pouncey or not...what type of D do you think RT will be dealing with...

                        Tackling is football 101, every year same issues....the secondary couldn't stop the back up....

                        I've said this already, RT had a great game, much needed and Doughty failed, which will put out some of the RT fires...

                        Stills should have had a TD but ran out of bounds, and yes our Rec dropped balls...

                        But you can't say the things that plagued us last year aren't still here this year, new coach and all....

                      • cuchulainn
                        cuchulainn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Understood, but again, new staff, new roster, new schemes, and it's still PS where guys are shaking off rust. I'm not judging this team one way or the other until we're playing real games as I know we have Vets taking plays off or being held out of games like Wake, Jones, etc... In the RS, I expect to lose to the Seahawks, but if can finish 2-2 after the first 4, it's wide open and then we'll know what we have with this team.

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X