James White ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James White ?

James White is currently on the Patriots roster but the rumor is that he is not going to make the roster. If I were the Folphins I would pick up James White because he would fit nicely into the Dolphins system and what Gase and company are trying to do with this offense.

Here is a James White highlight reel from his college days. Just a couple years old.

Comment

He's more of a Damien Williams type back though... Good pass catcher, but not a big back who's going to dominant and pick up tough yards. They've been down on him from what I understand.

Comment

Jakeem Grant isn't a big wide receiver but he is going to do a lot of damage on special teams AND in the passing game. If they didn't have Dion Lewis the Patriots would be treating White like gold. If Lewis gets injured again and White is a free agent he will be the first player they call. Why? It's because he fits perfectly into their offense, and the Dolphins are trying to run a similar offense. So, in my opinion, he would be an awesome pickup because he is so hard to cover and could also be as threat on special teams as well. I think he is WAY better than Damien Williams.

Comment

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          He may be better than Williams, but they use him in the same capacity - as a receiver out of the backfield. As a rusher, he hasn't done much of anything to date.

• DolphinsFreak
          DolphinsFreak commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I just think he would be a nice addition. I am thinking of who we have on the roster, the type of offense they plan to run, and all the injury concerns with the current players on the roster. If there is room for him, he would be a nice guy to have on passing downs. He is shifty and hard to cover. He is smaller and fast, so he is easy to lose track of and he does know how to get open. Foster is a great receiver out of the back field but I just thought it would be nice to have a guy like Dion Lewis playing for the Dolphins. It works for the Patriots who have dominated the division so why not try doing what they do?

We are probably only going to keep 4 RB's. Foster, Ajayi and Drake because of his draft status are locks and so that only leaves room for one more back either Pead or Williams. The longer Drake remains injured the more I hate the fact that we drafted him in the 3rd round when there there were much better options available not only at RB but other positions as well.

Comment

I wouldn't count Pead out. I could see us putting the rookie on the practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Finatic View Post
            I wouldn't count Pead out. I could see us putting the rookie on the practice squad.
            I like Pead but i'm not sure he is PS eligible; he's not a rookie, been in the league for going on 4 years (2012 Rams 2nd Rd Draft pick)

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
              We are probably only going to keep 4 RB's. Foster, Ajayi and Drake because of his draft status are locks and so that only leaves room for one more back either Pead or Williams. The longer Drake remains injured the more I hate the fact that we drafted him in the 3rd round when there there were much better options available not only at RB but other positions as well.
              yeah, i agree..While i like James White and i get what DF is saying, i'm not sure we're gonna see a lot of change with our current crop of RB's (barring injury of course) Foster, Ajayi & Drake are pretty much locks as you say, and i'm assuming the last spot will come down to Pead or Williams (Dolphins PLEASE don't make an ASS out of U & ME, by my assumption that Daniel Thomas WON'T make the cut!!!)

Comment

I would say Foster, Ajayi, Pead and Drake (on draft merit alone) at this point. Maybe keep Williams and put Drake on PUP.....
                That said, none of them will do a thing behind this line. Our running game looks worse than ever - even against a very mediocre at best DL.

Comment

Forget James White,, i vote we sign comedian Ron White..afterall this team ain't nothin' but one big joke........

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X