Jordan Cameron ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Cameron ?

I don't understand all this negative talk about Cameron from Dolphins fans and most recently Coach Gase. When Jordan Cameron played for the lowly Browns, with Hoyervas his quarterback, Cameron didn't have any problems with receptions or a learning curve. His game declined once he became a Dolphin. Coincidence?

In 2014 Cameron only played in 10 games for the Browns. In those 10 games he put up 424 yards with 2 touchdowns. In 2013 when Cameron played in 15 games Cameron put up 917 yards with 7 touchdowns.

he comes to the Folphins and plays in 16 GAMES and only gets 386 yards receiving with 3 touchdowns. Sorry fans, I can't blame Cameron for his drop off in production. I will have to blame the offensive coordinator, the offensive line and of course, the Dolphins quarterback, not Cameron.

Did the Browns have a better coaching staff, a better quarterback, or both?

Cameron was in a different offense with different responsibilities with the Browns. The Browns had a much better OL and didn't require him to be as much of a blocker there. He was allowed to release more cleanly off the LOS and used more as a slot receiver/ H-back there, similar to what we were doing with Clay at times.

I just posted the article by Barry Jackson on him. His drop rate and poor play last season was his own doing. Gase has been highly critical of him and even put him with the 2s some in camp. Also have to hope that we're working on things in private that the reporters are privy to. h

Comment

Establishing a rushing attack will open things up for the TEs. Teams have little trouble stopping our run with their front seven. Therefore their Safety can focus on pass coverage. Our passing schemes and Tannehill's play really haven't combined to be TE friendly. Tannehill can't drop a fifteen yard pass between a Safety and a LB and the ball is usually gone before the TEs make their breaks anyway. This whole offense will look different soon when our new look offensive line begins to dominate teams. That is if my conspiracy theory about NFL mandated mediocrity doesn't keep Thomas and Turner in the starting lineup. Let me guess, Gase will decide that Tunsil and Bushrod are ready after the Pats game.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
        Establishing a rushing attack will open things up for the TEs. Teams have little trouble stopping our run with their front seven. Therefore their Safety can focus on pass coverage. Our passing schemes and Tannehill's play really haven't combined to be TE friendly. Tannehill can't drop a fifteen yard pass between a Safety and a LB and the ball is usually gone before the TEs make their breaks anyway. This whole offense will look different soon when our new look offensive line begins to dominate teams. That is if my conspiracy theory about NFL mandated mediocrity doesn't keep Thomas and Turner in the starting lineup. Let me guess, Gase will decide that Tunsil and Bushrod are ready after the Pats game.
        Agree that it all comes back to having solid OL play to open things up and allowing the ball handlers to make plays. Excited to see more of Tunsil at LG and how RG shakes out between now and the Seahawks game.

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
          Cameron was in a different offense with different responsibilities with the Browns. The Browns had a much better OL and didn't require him to be as much of a blocker there. He was allowed to release more cleanly off the LOS and used more as a slot receiver/ H-back there, similar to what we were doing with Clay at times.

I just posted the article by Barry Jackson on him. His drop rate and poor play last season was his own doing. Gase has been highly critical of him and even put him with the 2s some in camp. Also have to hope that we're working on things in private that the reporters are privy to. h
          Cameron was used in an effective way in Cleveland so the Dolphins see all that success and decide to use him in a completely different way. Wow! It surprising why his numbers dropped once he came to Miami.

Jackson also mentioned that a lot of the passes thrown Cameron's way were not good passes. You forgot to mention that in your above post. He is not being used properly. He can be an elite TE is he is used the correct way. It all comes down to the o-line, the offensive schemes/plays and Tannehill. If they lineup Cameron the correct way and use him the correct way, he will get open. It's now the coaches job to get the correct players on that offensive line to allow Tannehill enough time to see if he will look Cameron's way or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

Cameron was used in an effective way in Cleveland so the Dolphins see all that success and decide to use him in a completely different way. Wow! It surprising why his numbers dropped once he came to Miami.

Jackson also mentioned that a lot of the passes thrown Cameron's way were not good passes. You forgot to mention that in your above post. He is not being used properly. He can be an elite TE is he is used the correct way. It all comes down to the o-line, the offensive schemes/plays and Tannehill. If they lineup Cameron the correct way and use him the correct way, he will get open. It's now the coaches job to get the correct players on that offensive line to allow Tannehill enough time to see if he will look Cameron's way or not.

I re-read the entire article. Jackson never said that... what he did say was

"
            Cameron caught only 50 percent of the 70 passes thrown to him. Among 51 qualifying tight ends, only Jacksonville’s Marcedes Lewis caught a lower percentage (43 percent).

Most good tight ends catch more than 60 percent of their targets, some more than 70 percent, including league leader Brent Celek (77 percent). Gronkowski was at 60 percent and Sims was at 72 percent, though Sims was thrown only 25 passes. In Cameron’s defense, some of his targets were deep throws.

Cameron’s low completion percentage, in the eyes of coaches, was partly a byproduct of erratic throws but also the result of Cameron’s inability to come down with enough contested balls despite his 6-5 frame.

“Contested passes — that’s something Jordan specifically is really working on,” tight ends coach Shane Day said.
            When you're second worst in the league at a position, you've got a lot of work to do on your own - and Sims caught a higher percentage in the same offense.

And I agree that Lazor and Phlbin didn't use people properly. Nothing new there. Let's see how Gase and Christensen do this season. Hoping for a big season from this offense starting with the OL...

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
              DolphinsFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              I disagree. I do NOT think 2/1 touchdown to interception ratio is good and I definitely do NOT think Tannehill is good. I think he is this teams Fiedler/Henne, a quarterback who does some things well, just good enough to give some people hope and keep certain people from pursuing better options. You can laugh all you want about him not moving his head and scanning the field but you claim you have the teams best interest at heart but if you think it's funny to have a piece of shit QB that doesn't look off defenders and keys in on ONE receiver on every down, you don't have this teams best interest at heart. You backed Tannehill since the beginning and I think now it is more of pride for you, you don't want to be wrong about him. You've been making excuses for him for years. You've wanted wide receivers over linemen, and now you complain about the o-line. If you were the GM then YOU would be the problem for the Dolphins. You got your injured receiver and wasted draft pick and no offensive line. Quit complaining about the offensive line since YOU got what you wanted, a Wide Receiver over offensive linemen.

Game Time. Is Tannehill going to be wearing his neck brace tonight? AHAHA

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              I already addressed everything you put in your snide and snarky replies over and over again and as usual, you move the goal posts in your arguments. Again, you're welcome to your opinions, no matter how wrong they are... I'm done with this conversation.

• DolphinsFreak
              DolphinsFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome to your opinions as well, no matter how ridiculous and wrong they are.

We could be a playoff team if Prescott was our starting quarterback.

Why the hell was stoneburner let go? He only started like 3 games but had 2 TDs. He did more than Sims. He will end up with jets bills or Pat's and haunt us as usual.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
              DolphinsFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought he was a really good tight end. I do think Sims is really good and if the Dilphins want to go to a two tight end set Cameron and Sims should do s great job if the o-line does their job and Tannehill goes through his progressions and finds the most open receiver in stride.

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I read, Stoneburner brought nothing to the position that they didn't already have in Cameron and Sims. Duarte is a true Hback. Gray is depth.

He's with the Rams right now.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X