Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop me if you've heard this one before...RB Kenyan Drake injured again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop me if you've heard this one before...RB Kenyan Drake injured again......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...days-practice/

Freakin' RIDICULOUS, but par for the course when all it ever seems we sign are guys with injury histories!!!

Three often injured RB. Actually 4 if you count DT.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
      Three often injured RB. Actually 4 if you count DT.
      yeah, too bad we can't Dr. Frankenstein the shit outta all of 'em and at least get one good, healthy back...Well, leave Daniel Thomas out of it, he'd probably get a concussion walking to the lab!

Comment

Let's say you're in the market for a used car. You look at the CarFax report on a car and it has a history of breaking down but you decide to buy it anyway. You buy the car, start driving down the road and it breaks down on you and won't start. Should you be surprised or shocked that it broke down? When are the Dolphins going to stop buying lemons and actually get some players without injury problems. Injuries in football are to be expected but the Miami Dolphins have been one of the teams that seem to go out of their way to find players that already have injury issues and sign or draft them anyway, as if they know something other teams don't. They have proven over and over again that they are only outsmarting themselves.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
          Driven_Phinsane! commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, i definitely agree...it's almost like they're constantly working with a 'It'll be different with us' mentality...And the freakin' crazy thing is we can change F.O's & change whole coaching staff's, yet we seem to always keep the practice of signing players with big injury histories in place!

• DolphinsFreak
          DolphinsFreak commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!! That's the thing that has always baffled me. It's not like the Dolphins have had the same coaching staff and front office personnel making these same mistakes thinking it will be different the next time. The Dolphins have had SEVERAL different coaching regimes come into Miami and do the exact same thing, go after injury prone players and no-name players thinking things will be different for them. Maybe it happens on other teams and these NFL coaches let their egos get the best of them. I don't know. All I do know is that it gets old watching your team make the exact same mistakes year after year.

I said he won't make the final 53 and it was a waste of a pick. How does a guy 6'1 and 220 lbs. with a 4.3 40 and good hands play so sparingly in college unless he's not very good? I guess that one career kickoff return for a touchdown put him over the top. Kenneth Dixon should have been the RB selected and we will pay for that for years to come. His senior year stats were better than Drake's entire career.
        Our front office screwed up the front end of the 2016 draft. Tunsil fell to them. Who knows what Tannenbaum would have done otherwise. Then they panicked moving up for Howard costing us our 4th. They took a stiff in Drake. Then gave away our 5th and a 2017 3rd and 4th to move up for Carroo. Tunsil, Howard, Carroo, Grant and Doughty can redeem them but they went about this draft like a team on the cusp of being a title contender not a team with holes and in need of a big infusion of talent both this year and next.
        There is enough talent for good coaching to get this team a playoff win in 2016 but a lot has to go right, most importantly the Quarterback. The Drake pick could have also been another CB, a LB or an O linemen.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
          DolphinsFreak commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Dixon was the better choice. Dixon came close to being on the same list as Drake though. He went down last week with a MCL issue and missed practice for about a week. Luckily for the Ravens he is back at practice and seems to be doing just fine. If he stays healthy I think he will take over the starting position by week 3-4.

Originally posted by kelbail2.2 View Post
        I said he won't make the final 53 and it was a waste of a pick. How does a guy 6'1 and 220 lbs. with a 4.3 40 and good hands play so sparingly in college unless he's not very good? I guess that one career kickoff return for a touchdown put him over the top. Kenneth Dixon should have been the RB selected and we will pay for that for years to come. His senior year stats were better than Drake's entire career.
        Our front office screwed up the front end of the 2016 draft. Tunsil fell to them. Who knows what Tannenbaum would have done otherwise. Then they panicked moving up for Howard costing us our 4th. They took a stiff in Drake. Then gave away our 5th and a 2017 3rd and 4th to move up for Carroo. Tunsil, Howard, Carroo, Grant and Doughty can redeem them but they went about this draft like a team on the cusp of being a title contender not a team with holes and in need of a big infusion of talent both this year and next.
        There is enough talent for good coaching to get this team a playoff win in 2016 but a lot has to go right, most importantly the Quarterback. The Drake pick could have also been another CB, a LB or an O linemen.

Drake was a lock for the roster behind Ajayi and Foster.... but at least we still have Daniel Thomas, right? lol... Drake's issue is a hammy like Parker's, so he'll be back, and Ken Dixon already suffered a MCL injury for the Ravens. Better a hammy than a knee IMO. Could just be heat and not staying hydrated.

The real concern is CB... Chimdi Chekwa, who has been in the RCB role ahead of Lippett, was also injured.

Comment

• Alpha
          Alpha commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not very happy about the OL either. With the addition of Tunsil, a couple solid vets and another year of experience and NFL level preparation for Thomas, Turner and Douglas) you would *think* this would become a strength. Certainly not from what I am hearing. Either our DL is one for the ages or much like every year I can remember our OL is a problem. I'm so sick of it....but, I'll be honest: I am terrified about our CBs this year. I think we're going to get TORCHED and big plays will swing multiple games against us. I think we have one starting level CB on the roster right now...

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I'm reading and understanding, we're doing lots of shuffling on the OL and rotating guys in and out. Also, we have a very talented DL. Proly the best DL we've fielded since Timbo and Gardener were here.

These are the public practices and Gase and Christensen are installing the base offense. Once the private practices start, they'll start implementing the heart of the offense and stuff that we won't see until the RS gets here.

Also with most of these tweets, we have to remember that our Beat Reporters suck... lol...

Despite the ''always injured'' tag on Drake, at Alabama, from 2012 to 2015 he played in 12 games a freshman (13), 11 as a sophomore (11), 5 as a junior (12), and 13 as senior (14). The broke leg his junior season was the only serious injury of his college career.

He was one of the best Offensive players on the day at practice todayh. Sucks he has another hammy and that it happened just at the end of practice today after he torched the coverage.

Hoping we get him off John Avery's kool-aid and get him to drinking some organic milk and vitamin water... keep those bones strong and those hammy's hydrated... lol...

Comment

• Alpha
          Alpha commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right - Drake seems to have a lot of tweaks and minor issues. Maybe a year or two of NFL level conditioning, diet etc will mitigate that? I think he's got potential to be a playmaker if he can stay on the field. A great change of pace from Foster and Ajayi.....

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree... and it's been hot as Hell in SoFl... that heat makes muscles lose and pliable, which can lead to over-extending them. Seems like each TC we have a rash of hammy injuries related to heat and guys trying to be explosive.

I know this sounds lame but Jelani Jenkins followed in Ricky Williams offseason regimen doing a lot of yoga. He said he feels like a lot of the deep, soft tissue issues and pains have disppeared. It's supposed to help hydrate and heal the cells of the body. Maybe we need a yogi on the training staff.

Comment

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          Yoga really works.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X