Xavien Howard out with knee injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavien Howard out with knee injury

Per Armando... Howard is likely out until the Reg season starts and they are going to work Lippett in at RCB in his place.

Gase - Xavien Howard will start the preseason on PUP. He was injured on the last day of minicamp. We had to scope a knee, and he will be out for a little bit. We expect him, at worst, to be back by the first regular season game. He has been working hard trying to work his way back.”

(On who he anticipates being the starting cornerback) – “Tony (Lippett) has been starting the entire time anyway. We’ve been rotating those two guys (Howard and Lippett) in and out. Tony is just going to keep working at that spot right now.”

===

That fkn sucks.

Yeah we need draft picks that play. You won't see him except in spots next year. Just always works that way.

Comment

Sign Leon Hall!!! We need bodies.
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Yikes this is terrible news. This is a major setback for him. Corner was already a position of concern and now this. We better sign Leon Hall.

Comment

He had a good mini-camp. If he can be ready for the season and starting by the 4th game, we'll be alright.

Bobby McCain has been getting a ton of praise for his off-season conditioning. He's supposedly much faster and stronger than last season. He should be solid in the slot.

Hope Lippett can play well in the meantime until Howard makes it back.

Comment

Hopefully Lippett makes the most of his opportunity and makes Howard beat him for the spot. Imagine what it would be like if one of your backup could be a starter for another team. Nevermind... for a minute I forgot we were talking about Miami.

Comment

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol... good to see you around.

Seems like this kind of thing always happens to us. He'll be behind to start the season and there's no time to make it up during the season. So we have to rely on a converted WR as a starting NFL corner. Our QB opponents are smiling right now.
            Can we sign this guy?

Comment

If we don't sign Leon Hall, what about Antonio Cromartie? He is a bigger corner and he won't cost much.

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
                If we don't sign Leon Hall, what about Antonio Cromartie? He is a bigger corner and he won't cost much.
                If they do, it could mean that Howard's return is further delayed. Never know, but I think they'll want to see how Howard does with rehab and give the younger guys a chance first before signing another DB.

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post

If they do, it could mean that Howard's return is further delayed. Never know, but I think they'll want to see how Howard does with rehab and give the younger guys a chance first before signing another DB.
                  I still think we should bring in a veteran corner regardless of whether Rhodes is ready to start the season. Other than Maxwell none of our other corners has any real experience other than some limited play late in the season last year. I would look to bring in either Cromartie or Hall.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X