Level of excitement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level of excitement?

The draft is behind us and OTAs are under way. Las Vegas has set the line for Dolphins victories at + or - 7. New coach Gase is implementing a new scheme, a new mindset and renewed energy in Davie. Reshad Jones is frustrating us with a talk of a holdout while Dion Jordan is teasing us with a big return. The best player in the draft will add a much needed boost to the O line and Kiko Alonso will bring the gravitas this defense has so badly needed. Hawks are circling in our defensive backfield, the J Train is puffing smoke and our WRs are amping it up. How ready is Wake? What does Super Mario have in store for us? Is Phillips truly a first round talent? Was Earl Mitchell's off year an anomoly? Will KingKong Suh wreak havoc on American cities? Are Gase and Joseph chess or checker players? The story lines are endless and July is coming fast. So what is your level of excitement from 1-10? For me, it's Spinal Tap, baby. 11!

Me too it's 11! I think we finally have a coaching staff and players to compete. Win or lose we will leave it on the field and not quit like we did under Philbin. I truly believe the Team takes on the persona of its coach and Gase I hear has attitude! In a good way.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Every year, at just about this time, there is a burst of optimism and hope here. New coaches, new QB's, new DCs, new OCs, new owners, or new waterboys, have all brought renewed hope, and anticipation of a new era of the Dolphins. People say they'll go 15-1, 11-5, 10-6 or whatever. We've all seen it plenty of times here only to be let down and disappointed. Don't get your hopes up for a Superbowl run just yet...you may only come crashing down again. This is a new team, with a new coaching staff, with the same old front office full of clueless buffoons. Now is the time for all of us to "wait and see" just how all of the master plan pans out. Someone here on this forum once posted "Expect nothing and you'll still be letdown" is probably not too far off....

Comment

So we won 6 games last year and all those outstanding moves we posted this year only to be a game better, LOL, I wouldn't be that excited, but I watch football and will suffer through another long failed outcome by the Dolphins....

Comment

5,,,because I have been let down so many many times.

Comment

The excitement is in all the question marks and possibilities. It's the coming of football season and the end of having to see basketball on ESPN; both wonderful things. I'm just hoping to see a tough, attacking team and some smart coaching. One position will keep this team from a strong playoff run regardless of success everywhere else. So give me a power running game and a bad-ass defense. That alone makes it an 11.

Comment

I'm so excited that I just canceled my Direct TV after 12 years with them.

Comment

I'm kind of excited, hoping all the changes help.....But have been let down too many times by this team. We'll just have to see. Basketball? Would rather watch reruns of The Jeffersons, or Three's Company....

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
                I'm so excited that I just canceled my Direct TV after 12 years with them.
                I haven't gone that far yet because I still enjoy being able to see any game played but unlike every other year, I don't even have a ripple of excitement for this years team. They've ripped my heart out too many times in the past.
                While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

I'm always a 10 plus at this point in the season. Love that we're getting written off. Many of these players were on the team that the experts loved and thought would challenge the Pats. Piss poor coaching was 25% of our problem, I think despite being rookies that will add 3 wins from last season putting us at 9 wins. Schedule is tougher so I'll take 2 of those back putting us at 7 wins. Using Tannehill differently to promote his strengths plus 1 win (now at 8). Improved oline play adding 2 wins (now at 10). Better LB and D line play against the run adding 2 more win (now at 12 wins). And young secondary which will have growing pains taking back 2 wins - Final prediction 10-6 and a WC birth.. I da homer for a reason my friends!

Comment

There are many things to be excited about for the upcoming season. A new Head Coach and coaching staff. Several new players like Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Isa Abdul-Quddus, Mario Williams and Cam Wakes return. Then the draft adding players like Laremy Tunsil to boost our o-line, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake and Leonte Caroo. Also this should be Devante Parker's breakout season. I am excited to see what Jay Ajayi can do as our feature back. It will also be interested to see if Jordan Phillips takes the next step and forms a monstrous duo with Suh. Will Tannehill improve under Gase's tutelage? All of that and the final stages of the stadium renovation with the canopy. So there is a lot to look forward to for the upcoming season and I am very excited about it. Now we just have to win for it all to mean anything.

Comment

My level of excitement is a six, one point for every game they won last season. I love the game of football and I love my Miami Dolphins, so I am excited about every start to a new season. That reason alone gets me to about a five. They don't deserve any more points from me because of the MANY years they have successfully built up fans expectations only to break their fans hearts. Fool me once, shame on the Dolphins. Fool me twice, shame on me for being a gullible fan. I have grown tired of being a gullible, optimistic fan. When the Miami Dolphins can produce double-digit wins, that is when my level of excitement for the season will be in double-digit figures too. How about a playoff game, Dolphins?!? Is this the season?

I have a great deal of "Hope" for this season because of the new coaching staff. Gase was NOT the coach I wanted but I do hope that this franchise has finally found Coach Shula's replacement. Tunsil fell into the Dolphins lap so I do have hope that the Dolphins luck is turning around for the good after all these years of mediocrity. GO DOLPHINS !!!!!!!

Comment

I'm at about an 8... excited over Gase and Joseph, as well as having a healthy Parker and new weapons. Tunsil falling to us was just such a serendipitous moment. Like a god send for a team that has refused to address the OL in the 1st in over 5 seasons.

We still have our holes at LB, RB, and OG, but I feel good about the future. As long we start the 1st qtr no worse than 2-2, I think we have a legit shot at 9 wins under Gase.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X