Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifo Ekpre-Olumu

Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin 11m11 minutes ago
    Good news #Dolphins fans: I'm told CB Ifo Ekpre-Olumu received full medical clearance today. He's ready to go.
    If Ifo is healthy and what he was or close to it before he got hurt this would be awesome news. I had him as one of the top CB's coming out last year. I know he's small but he plays much bigger than his size and would be a very good fit at nickle corner. I am pulling for this guy as I wanted him last year before the injury.

I'm glad we got him! I hear 2 or more teams put in a claim for him also. Still scratching my head why the Browns decided to let him go, he was only costing them 7th round money.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post

If Ifo is healthy and what he was or close to it before he got hurt this would be awesome news. I had him as one of the top CB's coming out last year. I know he's small but he plays much bigger than his size and would be a very good fit at nickle corner. I am pulling for this guy as I wanted him last year before the injury.
      I read that the other day and thought it was pretty good news..though obviously it's just the first step in a long, ardurous process of getting him on the field & contributing...I'm actually kind of surprised we even added him as VJ has gone on record as saying he pretty much prefers having all bigger & taller Corners with length...

Comment

If he stays healthy he might be one of our best off season acquisition ...

Comment

Lippett, Olomu, McCain, Howard, Maxwell! Love the potential I see in these guys. Lucas I'd stash him on the PS for now.
          The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

I E-O has the makings of our next Brent Grimes. I don't mind that as long as we have some CBs to handle opponents big boys. Love the pick-up.

Comment

I wrote a similar post on FB but I'll repeat it here..

What if IEO comes back and plays like the kid that Nole had as a first rounder last year? What if Alonzo stays healthy and plays like he did as a rookie in Buffalo? What if Maxwell plays like he did in his contract year in Seattle (2014)? What if Mario Williams plays like the beast he's been his entire career except for last season? What if the safety we picked up from Detroit plays like he did the final 5 games of last season which had him ranked as one of the best safeties in the league? What if Dion Jordan gets on the field and contributes even 75% of what his potential is? What if Tunsil can slide to guard and be as effective as he was as a LT in college? What if Drake stays healthy and proves that he was as good or better than Henry like some suggest? What if Wake comes back 100% and gives us the season he was on pace for prior to tearing the achilles? What if the new coaching staff actually coaches and makes these players better, puts them in the position to utilize their strengths, makes good sound play calling decisions throughout the season? What if Bushrod turns out to be a solid guard? What if Turner improves in year 3 to be another solid guard option (same for Douglas). What if Tannehill takes that next step and everything comes together for him under Gase..

That is a lot of what ifs.. If all of them happened we're looking at a team that could compete for the superbowl. If some of them actually happen we're looking at a playoff team. If none of them happen we're looking at another season of what if's.. lol

I don't expect everything to fall in place, but we have a lot of players who have proven at one point or another that they are pro bowl caliber players or had huge potential coming out of college and injuries or other things derailed them. This could be a very talented team if the pieces fall together.

Comment

• cuchulainn
                cuchulainn commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm thinking we're a better team just with Gase and Joseph taking over AND by subtraction - losing Philbin, Coyles, and Jason fkn Fox.

If we can stay healthy, particularly on the OL and at LB, we're going to be a pretty good team.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X