Bears released OG Matt Slauson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears released OG Matt Slauson.

Slauson was owed just under $3 million this season. The move is surprising after Slauson finished No. 18 in Pro Football Focus' 2015 guard ratings, with a top-ten rank in pass protection. He allowed one sack in 16 starts, and just turned 30 in February. While the Bears are moving on with second-round pick Cody Whitehair at left guard, a good guard just hit the free agent market.

Interesting to see if there is any interest for him - since he played under Gase last year. Rated at the 18th best guard - it would be foolish not to think of him? Add in the fact, we drafted Larmey and potentially adding Slauson - we would have the best Oline the Dolphins have seen in years.

LT - Albert
    LG - Slauson
    C - Pouncey
    RG - Tumsil
    RT - James

I was just going to post this. They also released Antrelle Rolle. I wouldn't be upset to bring them both in.

Comment

• cuchulainn
      cuchulainn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, please to both.

I'd take both of them - especially since Mr Jones might be sitting out longer than expected

Comment

I would take him quicker than it takes me to type this

Comment

It makes too much sense for the Dolphins to make these moves.

Comment

Has Matt been injured more than he has played, is Matt very under weight for the NFL, does Matt have a drug history??? If you answered one or more of these questions with a yes, he'll get picked up by the Dolphins, if you answered No to all these questions your application will be shredded....

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
            DolphinsFreak commented
            Editing a comment
            So they will be more interested in Antre Rolle since he spent most of last season on IR, and to top things off he is in his mid 30's.

• London Fish & Chips
            London Fish & Chips commented
            Editing a comment
            Patterns, they do exist on the Dolphins...

Would be fantastic to get both guys. We have the CAP as well and both would give us a boost. Is Role healthy now? He was on IR last year.

Comment

My 2 cents (Worth even less when inflation is factored in):

I've wanted Antrel Rolle ever since he entered the league fresh out of the U, then when he left the Cards, and even when he was released by the Giants..But IMO the Rolle ship to Miami has finally sailed, he's 34 years old and after always being the most reliable guy on the field, his body seemed to finally break down last season..Besides, he's mainly a SS, same as R.Jones...

I'd definitely make a move to bring in Slauson, but i'd obviously defer to what Gase thinks since he worked with him this past season..We've already signed Bushrod from the Bears, and could possibly look to add Slauson,, but i think everyone needs to remember that the Bears O-Line was rated as bad if not worse than ours last season...

Comment

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, was looking at Rolle as depth. We were fkd last year when we lost Delmas and had only Aikens and Thomas as Safeties.

Agree on deferring to Gase in this instance on both guys.

• Driven_Phinsane!
              Driven_Phinsane! commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always loved Rolle,, wish we could've had him the first 10 years! I'd have no problem adding him as depth if he'd come cheap,, hell, speaking of Delmas, where'd he end up going? Maybe, we sign him as insurance, you know a perpetually hurt guy to fill in in case a guy gets hurt, lol...

Slauson was drafted by Tbum in 09 as well. This would fix out Oline for good. I don't know about adding Rolle now. Slauson was also an Alpha player for the Bears as well.
            Last edited by VAIDER5120; 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Offensive Guard (OG)

guard, of*fen*sive guard
              Definition
              1. An offensive guard is a position on the offensive line in football. There are two offensive guards on the line, with one guard lining up on each side of the center. The right guard (RG) lines up to the immediate right of the center, while the left guard (LG) lines up to the immediate left of the center.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
                Driven_Phinsane! commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn, this explains everything!!!..Now i know why our Guards suck so bad,, the information pamphlet the coaches are giving the players only says what a Guard is and where he's supposed to line up..NOT what he's supposed to be doing while on the field...Our Guards have aced the first part (knowing where to line up) they're just waiting on further instruction!

Please forward that to the Dolphins....I'd love for us to pick up Slauson. In fact - if we did I think we'd actually have a STRONG OL.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                DolphinsFreak commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. If they signed Slauson I think this would be the best offensive line this team has had in many years,

One sack allowed in 16 starts and he just turned 30. Yes we should sign him. I would if we could also sign Culliver on a cheap one year deal since I don't think anybody will give him a big contract. I think Hall is holding out for big bucks. I don't want to invest in an older corner long term.

Comment

Looks like the Chargers & Bills are taking first crack at Slauson..Fins sitting on their asses as per usual.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hargers-bills/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X