Fins got best player in the draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins got best player in the draft...

Sounds like they plan at least initially to try him inside...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-hes-a-guard/

In my opinion it makes much more sense to kick the older, slower, often injured Albert inside to guard and allow the best left tackle to come out in YEARS to start at the position he plays best. Tunsil didn't allow a sack last year and the run game is his specialty. Let the man play the position he was born and breed to play.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
      Driven_Phinsane! commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what i would do as well, and i'm pretty sure they'll look into every option moving forward...

Yes, agreed. Move Albert and groom the bigger, stronger kid at LT. Albert could easily kick Dallas Thomas to the bench and solidify our left side of the OL.

Comment

When you go the BPA route, by definition you just dont worry about where he will play. You are acquiring talent assets......i dont believe this can be a long term hard and fast draft strategy but sometimes ya just got to pull the trigger......ask my wife shopping at Target.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        lol,, sounds like we're married to the same woman...Funny, we've just downsized to a condo & as George Carlin would say, she told me i needed to get rid a ton of my shit while she continues to buy more stuff!

I thought the Dolphins would have to consider Stanley at #13. Tunsil was a no brainer. Any chance of trading Albert today?

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
        When you go the BPA route, by definition you just dont worry about where he will play. You are acquiring talent assets......i dont believe this can be a long term hard and fast draft strategy but sometimes ya just got to pull the trigger......ask my wife shopping at Target.

Indeed... Panthers got good in a hurry doing this by taking better players at positions that we're a ''need'', but simply drafting the PBA and letting the players compete. Its why Keuchly was drafted and replaced Jon Beason, who was already a Pro-bowl player a year removed from Beason signing a deal that made him the highest paid MLB in NFL history at the time. Beason ended up with the Giants.

Hope we adopt this strategy from now on instead of drafting for just need, which has killed us for decades going back to Shula.

Comment

After some drinks, a good nights sleep and getting more info this morning I love the pick now. All that bad stuff was coming out and was wondering what's the next thing but the Dolphins did their homework and knew about the full details. Great job. It's a shame somebody did that to the young man on draft night but only LT is to blame for putting himself in that position and his punishment was losing out on money.

So now we have arguably the best player in the draft to be the future left tackle. This year LT fills in the desperately needed LG position and the desperately needed backup swing tackle. A perfect grooming scenario staying on the left side between to pro bowl linemen to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL as a rookie.

With a little luck(or bad luck?) the Dolphins pulled off one hell of a first round.

Comment

The bottom line is that if there is ANY media talking head draft "Guru" who shits on this pick, they are being dishonest and making stuff up to be relevant based on last nights drama. Someone in another thread said "it the Dolphins has picked LT #1, nobody would have been critical" ...and that is mostly true. There was not 1 article that I read that mentioned, prior to the draft, that Tunsil was somehow damaged goods and would freefall, and more importantly, was somehow now all of a sudden not a future Pro Bowler. Isnt is funny sometimes it is as much how a draft unfolds that gets you psyched....if we had known 4 weeks ago, that the Phins were picking Tunsil, at lets say 8, I would not have been nearly as pumped...did not want an Offensive Lineman in Round 1, but the Phins did what they had to do and nobody was talking Tunsil cause that was a pipe dream........there, I said it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X