Draft I would be happy with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft I would be happy with

R1. DB Eli Apple - He is probably the best fit of any corner in this draft for our defensive scheme. If we don't take him I don't think he will drop below the Lions at #16.

R2. RB Derrick Henry - If Cody Whitehair is off the board then I would take Henry. I think he can take a lot of pressure off Tannehill by being our workhorse back. We need a more balanced offense.

R3. OG Christian Westerman - He should be able to start right away on our o-line. If Joshua Garnett is available then I would take him instead.

R4. LB Nick Vigil - He has a lot more upside than his brother Zach. He was very productive in college and he was surprisingly athletic at the combine. I think he could end up starting at MLB which would allow Alonso to move outside.

R5. DE/DT Anthony Zettel - Derrick Shelby's replacement. With our aged starting DE's we need to add some youth to the rotation.

R6. LB Stephen Weatherly - He could turn out to be what Dion Jordan was supposed to be.

I'd be most excited about Westerman and Vigil, but a solid draft I think.

Really hate we lost Shelby. I liked him better than OV.

We should get the news back on Dion Jordan's reinstatement in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Solid draft. I'm okay with Apple but I do think they can get him if they trade back. I don't think he is going to be the second or third corner off the board. I think Ramsey, Hargreaves, MacKensie and Jackson will go before him. I also think that Henry might slip into the first round but even if he doesn't I. Think he will be gone when Dolphins are on the clock.

As per usual, the Dolphins win just enough games to be in a draft spot to miss out on all the players that would be perfect fits.

Just think of the draft they could had had if they would have lost a few more games. You're talking about names in the 1st round like Ramsey, Buckner, Elliot, etc. In the 2nd round you're talking about guys like Henry, Whitehair, Dodd, etc

It's crazy that this happens to the Dilphins every year.

Comment

Works for me....3 day one starters, possibly 4..... Grab Coker in the 7th and that's a Grand slam!

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
          Solid draft. I'm okay with Apple but I do think they can get him if they trade back. I don't think he is going to be the second or third corner off the board. I think Ramsey, Hargreaves, MacKensie and Jackson will go before him. I also think that Henry might slip into the first round but even if he doesn't I. Think he will be gone when Dolphins are on the clock.

As per usual, the Dolphins win just enough games to be in a draft spot to miss out on all the players that would be perfect fits.

Just think of the draft they could had had if they would have lost a few more games. You're talking about names in the 1st round like Ramsey, Buckner, Elliot, etc. In the 2nd round you're talking about guys like Henry, Whitehair, Dodd, etc

It's crazy that this happens to the Dilphins every year.
          Yes I know what you mean, it always seem like players that would be perfect fits for us are just out of our reach. Then the one year we traded up for Dion Jordan, he turns out to be a bust, which is typical Dolphins luck.

I would be ok with trading down in the first round if we can. The problem is that, who will be available that another team wants to trade up for? Elliott is the only player I can think of and if he is available then I think we will draft him. The only other player I can think of who might slip that another team would want to trade for is Ronnie Stanley since LT is a premium position. I hope we don't draft him because I read somewhere that he doesn't have a lot of passion for football. We can't afford another Jonathan Martin situation.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
            DolphinsFreak commented
            Editing a comment
            Shaq Lawson is the player I think the Dolphins are going to draft. So, if another team thinks he is worthy of trading up for that could be a possibility. Hargreaves could slip. Broncos could trade up for a QB. There might be a few surprises in this draft that could benefit the Dolphins IF teams needing a quarterback make moves.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X