NFLNetwork ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFLNetwork ?

Is there another network that covers football??

I am done with the NFL Network and it is just sad. I love football!! I absolutely love football. But, this station talks incessantly about the New England Patriots and I've had enough.

The Broncos and Panthers were in the Super Bowl but the station doesn't talk about either team, their focus and attention is still all about Brady and the Patriots. You get a day off and you want to catch up on football and all they did was talk about the Patriots and how they are going to be better then the 2007 team. Then, after they were done obsessively talking about them, they aired an old game and guess who one of these was? Patriots V's Colts. Why?

We need to have options. JMO

ESpin and NFLN are the national sports and NFL channels... a lot of the problem with them is that they are based in the NE and have ties to the pats.

The others are local/regional. FoxSN is usually golf or an even worst show. No real focus on the NFL given the NFL refuses to allow a lot of coverage without being paid major $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the ''privilege'' of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
      ESpin and NFLN are the national sports and NFL channels... a lot of the problem with them is that they are based in the NE and have ties to the pats.

The others are local/regional. FoxSN is usually golf or an even worst show. No real focus on the NFL given the NFL refuses to allow a lot of coverage without being paid major $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the ''privilege'' of doing so.
      Is Espin owed by ESPN? Do they talk about ALL teams, or at least most teams, and not focus 84% of all their attention on the Patriots?

Thanks for responding, Cuch. You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        E-Spin is what I usually refer to as ESPN. All the do is cover a handful of highlights from games and sensationalize anything negative.

Thanks, ''Linus''... I think. lol...

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha!........,,,,

Just win baby!
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        The problem is that the Patriots can go 8 years without winning a Super Bowl and they still talk about them like they just won a Super Bowl. They should be talking about the Panthers. How dangerous are they going to be next season with their #1 receiver back and getting an upgrade at the RB position? Nope. They still have to talk about the Patriots all morning long then show one of their games right after that.

• AquaXI
        AquaXI commented
        Editing a comment
        If you ask me how a kid like myself back in the early 80s became a Dolphins fan living all the way in Hawaii? It's because they showed Dolphins games every week back then cause Dolphins were consistent winners with lots of Offense. They didn't win Superbowls in the 80s and yet kids like myself saw them every week and I was influenced and inspired. Now in Hawaii if they show a Dolphins game 2 times a season I'm lucky hehehe. I do see your point DF on what your trying to say too.

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        Similar situation with me growing up in California. I'm a Dolphins fan because my family grew up in Miami. Back in the 70's and 80's in California You could go into most stores and find Dolphins gear. These days you have to go online, they sell no Dolphins apparel for the reason you mentioned. People are sheep. Two of the neighborhood kids have Brady jerseys and we live in Cslifornia. My family laughs at neon Halloween because I walk away from the door when they come up because I refuse to give candy to anyone wearing a Patriots jersey.

I forgot to mention that the NFL Network did happen to mention the Dolphins this morning for a brief moment a couple times. Once they mentioned how Arian Foster was in for a visit, but also mention that there is no way he would sign with them. Then, later in the show they had a NFL Coaches Mock Draft where a couple of "experts" drafted the top 5 coaches and then ranked the worst 5 coaches in the NFL. Belichick was #1, which I agree with, but they had Gase ranked as the 2nd worst coach in the NFL. The guy hasn't coached one snap and he is already the 2nd worst coach in the NFL?? He shouldn't even be on the list. I'm sure Chip Kelly is upset that he was ranked as the worst coach, below someone who has never coached a single game.

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        2nd worst... well, Gase hasn't won a game yet and hasn't cut Dallas Thomas. So, there's that...

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        If they would have made that point I would have understood. If they would have mentioned the fact that they didn't sign a guard I would have been okay with that too. It was Harrison and MJD doing this so there isn't much weight to their opinions, unless you put MJD on a scale right now. And, his opinions seemed to be all about race. He ranked Gruden low because he said he ran RGIII out of Washington and he ranked Chip Kelly the lowest because he traded someone he liked. It seemed to be a Black Panthers Ranking System that he was using.

Oddly, Ladanian Tomlinson on an NFLN segment has the Cowboys, Chargers and Dolphins pegged as ''Worst to First'' this season...

LT stated that he thinks Gase and Tannehill will turn the team around. Thinks Tannehill can pass for 5000 yards in a season, and if the defense can much better than last year, the Fins can win the division. Says to watch out for Jay Ajayi, that LT worked out with Jay Ajayi last year (???) and that Ajayi is under rated and will be a big part of the passing game out of the back field. Some bold statements there...

Link - https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-703...833-sf23290833

Not likely we're going from a 6 win team with the worst OL and defense in the AFC last season to leading the East, but I appreciate his vote of confidence. lol...

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, we have to take a compliment where we can get it, correct? Aha LT should know a thing or two about running backs. Everyone and their dog had the Dolphins defense as one of the top 5 going into the season last year. They were just unaware that the DC was inept and wouldn't know how to use the players that he had. I think Joseph may turn out to be the best DC that the Dolphins have had since the 80's. I'm not going to make Bold Predictions like LT did but I think that IF this coaching staff can step up and actually COACH the players on this roster, they can have a fighting chance at improving and to make people talk about the Dolphins with a little more respect then they have in the past.

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        I was surprised by the segment. LT isn't a very good speaker, but he seems to think highly of Gase and he was right about there being wasted talent on the roster.

Philbin was a terrible coach who had lost the team by the end of his second season (Bully gate). Also, you never heard these sort of accolades about Philbin. It was always about what a nice guy he was. Fk that. If Gase is the actual coach he seems to be and that most of the NFL seems to think, then he'll get a lot more results out of this team along with Joseph.

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
      Oddly, Ladanian Tomlinson on an NFLN segment has the Cowboys, Chargers and Dolphins pegged as ''Worst to First'' this season...

LT stated that he thinks Gase and Tannehill will turn the team around. Thinks Tannehill can pass for 5000 yards in a season, and if the defense can much better than last year, the Fins can win the division.
      I think someone needs to check LT for CTE, that dude was obviously hit in the head a tad too much!!!!!
      Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 03-29-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

I think someone needs to check LT for CTE, that dude was obviously hit in the head a tad too much!!!!!

LOL... definitely some fluffing going on in that segment, but one of the few positive segments on the FIns.

Again, it's more confidence in Gase and Joseph, 2 highly respected young minds in the league than anything else.

Comment

• Idahomer
          Idahomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Players are loving Gase so far. Considering how poorly this team played for Philbin, Lazor, and Coyle I am hopefully that bringing in the exact opposite type of coaches will actually help. Also one thing we've all complained about is how the old regime used young players (or how they didn't would be more accurate) and how they forced the players into their schemes completely ignoring what these players strengths and weaknesses were. I'm excited that the new coaches relate to the players (there will be no bully gate with this coaching staff as they actually have a pulse of what players are doing), how they are flexible with schemes, game plans, and personnel to ensure they are designing our team and game plans around what the players do well, and staying away from what the players don't do so well. It's a noval concept, but the simple fact that we went 180 degrees from what was a failure prior gives me some optimism that things will change for the better.

• DolphinsFreak
          DolphinsFreak commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with ya, Homer. I think Gase will get respect quickly with his new team because they will see what a big difference in coaching they are going to be getting. I have a good feeling about Joseph and I am on the fence with Gase, but I feel he is going to be a huge upgrade to Philbin and Co because he just wasn't meant to be a leader. It is time for this team to be turned around and I for one hope that they finally found their coach of the future.

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          People always respond well to intelligence and leadership. Gase is smart and capable. He knows how to get the best of his players. I also trust he won't have Tannehill dropping back to pass for 586+ attempts for the 3rd straight season while being dead last in the NFL for rushing attempts.

Big Ben averages less than 499 attempts, Rodgers averages 498 attempts.Wilson averages 433 attempts. Much easier to be more efficient when passing when you're not doing so almost 600 times a season. Fkn Philbin and his BS with not running the ball and relying too much on passing.

Expecting Gase to be more efficient.

So apparently the fans love their teams on Hard knocks but all teams hate the intrusion. Rams drafted Michael Sam in the 7th to not have to do it a few years ago and now their time is up. Why aren't the Patriots targeted? Hmm.
        The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          Did not know that. Thanks Cuch.

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          YW... Just wish we had HK this season. Would love to see what's going on with Gase and Joseph taking over the team.

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          I want it too but I still remember the last time a first time coach with the ( initial) 8th overall pick. Too much of a coincidence. Hopefully the black cat stays home and we actually have different results. I'm ok with Rams dealing with the curse.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X