Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Gee, Did we forget OG?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh Gee, Did we forget OG?

    Oh Gee, Did we forget OG?

    We all read that OG was a top priority. Did this need get forgotten about?

    KO- gone, Boone- gone, Foster- gone, Allen- gone, Brooks- gone, Sweezy- gone.

    Were we preoccupied with our trade, changed our minds on needing an OG, or, just waiting to overpay someone who had a bad year or was injured?

    I'm not normally negative but, this start to FA has me pissed off.



  • #2
    We will have to address it in the draft. If Cody Whitehair is available in round 2 I would take him. Christian Westerman in round 3 would also be good.

    Comment


    • #3
      There are still some decent names out there but they better get to it. I thought one thing they all said when Gase was hired was that they have to shore up the oline. Expecting a rookie to be the answer is not wise. I like every move we've made (except letting Miller walk), but the lack of attention to our oline when that is the biggest need we have on that side of the ball worries me.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think we forgot at all... we were linked to several guys, including Boone and Sweezy and they took contracts elsewhere.

        Agree with FTL on Whitehair...

        IF we're going BPA though, there's good chance that we end up taking either Stanley or Conklin in the 1st and moving Albert to LG. Not what I want to do, but it is an option and everyone knows our OL is bottom of the league. Has to be addressed one way other other.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
          I don't think we forgot at all... we were linked to several guys, including Boone and Sweezy and they took contracts elsewhere.

          Agree with FTL on Whitehair...

          IF we're going BPA though, there's good chance that we end up taking either Stanley or Conklin in the 1st and moving Albert to LG. Not what I want to do, but it is an option and everyone knows our OL is bottom of the league. Has to be addressed one way other other.
          Are you sure that Stanley will still be available at #13? I think the Ravens are going to take him at #6. I think #13 is too high for Conklin. If Lawson and Hargreaves are both gone then I might look to trade down again and acquire more picks.

          A LT I like in the 2nd round is Jason Spriggs. I think he could be a tremendous value there. Do you think Albert can play OG? I have seen you suggest we draft a LT and move Albert to OG but I am not so sure he would be that effective in that role.

          Comment


          • cuchulainn
            cuchulainn commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, not sure of anything and there are always surprises. Just throwing some scenarios out there.

            IF we draft a LT, then one or the other has to play OG. Albert might as well move and he has to be better than Thomas.

        • #6
          Not sure why we NEVER seem to put much emphasis on the Guard position; while i know we couldn't (nor should we) throw some of the huge $$ at some of the FA's who signed elsewhere, we seem to still be living with the antiquated idea that Guard's aren't worth any money!

          We needed a guy or two with solid NFL experience, guys we can plug in & play, and have 'em play well...Instead we'll waste another 2nd rounder maybe a fourth as well on guys we'll be hoping against hope can come in & start, only to find they aren't worth a shit like the rest of the bums we've been drafting for like forever!!

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
            Not sure why we NEVER seem to put much emphasis on the Guard position; while i know we couldn't (nor should we) throw some of the huge $$ at some of the FA's who signed elsewhere, we seem to still be living with the antiquated idea that Guard's aren't worth any money!

            We needed a guy or two with solid NFL experience, guys we can plug in & play, and have 'em play well...Instead we'll waste another 2nd rounder maybe a fourth as well on guys we'll be hoping against hope can come in & start, only to find they aren't worth a shit like the rest of the bums we've been drafting for like forever!!

            Guess it's all about our coaching philosophy...

            Comment


            • #8
              No - we didn't forget OG. We just have it in the pile with #1 CB, DE, LB, S, DT, RB, QB and WR. We could use backups at a few other spots too. I think the plan is that every draft pick this year will be a starter....love the confidence. LOL

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                No - we didn't forget OG. We just have it in the pile with #1 CB, DE, LB, S, DT, RB, QB and WR. We could use backups at a few other spots too. I think the plan is that every draft pick this year will be a starter....love the confidence. LOL
                lol,, yeah, to quote Wanny "We know we must do better,, and we will!" Famous last words....

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                  lol,, yeah, to quote Wanny "We know we must do better,, and we will!" Famous last words....

                  To quote Saban "Hey, I know what I'm doing, stupid!"

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X