Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins interested in Bengals Safety George Iloka

Just for you,Dale... thoughts? lol...

George Iloka is 6-4, 225, and runs a 4.6 40.

He's a 5th round pick in the 2012 draft. Would be ideal to pair with Jones and is a guy Joseph coached the past few seasons in Cinci...

We do need safety help and if his injuries are behind him the. Yeah I'm all for it. Problem is like DF said we love our injured athletes a little too much.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Thanks Cuch....the only thing I like about this potential signing is experience in VJ Def

I am hoping for Darian Thompson in the 2nd round....Assuming the world doesn't give us Ramsey at 8

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        We're kicking the tires... the Browns and Jags are after him as well...

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately looks like we're drafting #13 now. That changes things. Regland, Apple, Lawson could all be in play now.

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexander or Stanley are my thoughts right now. #13 is too high for Ragland or Apple IMO.

Played in 12 games last season and has played both Safey positions...

A three-year starter for the Cincinnati Bengals, albeit at strong safety, George Iloka was a three-year starter for the Bengals can also play the free safety position. He has five career interceptions and 128 career tackles and will turn 26 at the end of this month, putting him the preferred age range for free agents.

At 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, Iloka also has a considerable size...

Iloka is also the No. 3 ranked safety on Pro Football Focus’ list of free agent safeties:
      A three-year starter for the Bengals, the former fifth-round pick is one of the most complete safeties hitting free agency this offseason. His run defense grade over the last two seasons is +4.7, while his coverage grade over the same span is +7.2. Iloka has the size (6-foot-4-inches, 225 pounds) that some teams will covet to match up with tight ends, even if he wasn’t used often in that role in Cincinnati.

Comment

yeah, i thought with his size he might be a thumper more suited to play the SS position!

Comment

I was hoping we would sign FS Tashaun Gipson. He had an injury riddled season last year so he might not be that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
            I was hoping we would sign FS Tashaun Gipson. He had an injury riddled season last year so he might not be that expensive.
            Same here!!! Funny, i have yet to hear his name mentioned at all...

Comment

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              Browns are looking at both Gipson and Iloka... Iloka is younger and healthier...

I'm not sure which way the Dolphins will attack FS position - because its been a mystery for years.

They refuse to draft a FS/SS in the first three rounds of the draft since Jason Allen (remember him...yikes)....Will VJ had a voice in the draft room? I hope so...one thing to note is that we took on age with all the acquistions...

Drafting a CB and FS in the first few rounds provides some youth to our D

just preaching!

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
              Driven_Phinsane! commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen brov! AMEN!!! ;-)

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, believe me, I vividly remember what Saban did to this roster and how he wasted the draft and FA. Saban was the worse of the bunch with the roster. Ironic that we're looking at signing 2 of the top picks from the 2005 and 2006 drafts in Jones and Williams.

Best our safeties have been in a decade were when Delmas and Jones were both healthy and playing.

• VAIDER5120
              VAIDER5120 commented
              Editing a comment
              PREACH ON to you to.

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

PREACH ON! I wanted him here when he was a RFA last year.

Comment

Some food for thought.
              Omar Kelly@OmarKelly 9h9 hours ago
              Reggie Nelson is the Bengals free safety. Always has been. And he's the playmaker, not Iloka. But carry on with the myths that sell tickets

Comment

• cuchulainn
                cuchulainn commented
                Editing a comment
                Fkn Omar... always a douche... we have our own ''playmaker'' in Jones. We just need someone competent to pair with him. He doesn't have to be a superstar - just not a liability. Iloka fits that.

• VAIDER5120
                VAIDER5120 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd rather have Gipson anyway.

• cuchulainn
                cuchulainn commented
                Editing a comment
                If Gipson is and can stay healthy... don't need another Delmas situation.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
              The #Bengals are closing in on a deal with star S George Iloka, source said. They should keep one of their own.

Comment

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
                For #Bengals and S George Iloka, it's a done deal. 5 years, $30M with $18M over the first 3 years. Cincy players often play them all out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X