Tony Lippett - Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Lippett - Reminder

It was brought up by me in another thread that I think the PAST coaching staff has been playing a certain someone out of position and THIS new coaching staff should take advantage of this diamond in the rough who happens to be sitting on the Dolphins roster. Yes, Tony Lippett can play cornerback but in my opinion he is better at playing Wide Receiver. I think Gase should really see what Lippett can do on the other side of the ball this season and get the BEST, young receiving corps a change to improve with a in-house roster change.
    PUT TONY LIPPETT IN AS A WIDE RECEIVER THIS SEASON

If he is better as a WR then I would be all for it. That would make losing Matthews not hurt so much if he turns out to be a good WR. Don't forget about Matt Hazel. I think he has a lot of upside.

Comment

I like Hazel as the new Mathews but hey if Lippet is the better receiver then look at all options. I would prefer he surprise us with developing into a CB.
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

I can't forget about Hazel, you guys won't let me. Aha In all seriousness though, I think Lippett is a much better receiver then Hazel is. Lippett was better in college and in my opinion should be given a shot to prove what he can do at the next level. Lippett was a 4th round draft prospect where Hazel was a 6-7th round draft prospect. Lippett put up 300 more yards in his senior year then Hazel did with 5 more TD's, on 5 fewer targets and more importantly, against much tougher opponents. Lippett played at Michigan St. whereas Hazel played for Coastal Carolina. In my opinion Gase should try Lippett out with the offense this season and see how he performs.

Comment

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          We should feel Lippet out about Connor Cook if he drops like in the 3rd. No I'm not saying he can beat out Tanehill but for us having a legit backup. Him dropping can happen like with the case of Matt Barkely who was a top 10 if he came out early. Brett Hundley also dropped.

• DolphinsFreak
          DolphinsFreak commented
          Editing a comment
          I really like Connor Cook! I have a feeling some team out there is going to get a STEAL with him if he falls into the 2nd, 3rd or later rounds. If he came out last year he was going to be a 1st round draft pick. He's a winner and I for one would love it if the Dolphins drafted him. I think it would bother some Dolphins fans because if given a shot he could beat Tannehill out this year, in my opinion.

I disagree brov.

Switching him to back to WR would be ideal, as we have a new coach, new scheme etc.

However, he is playing really well at CB...which is one of the weakest positions on our team...if I was Lippett...where would I want to play? WR behind Parker, Juice and STills?

Hell no..

Keep the momentum and stay CB

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamas View Post
          I disagree brov.

Switching him to back to WR would be ideal, as we have a new coach, new scheme etc.

However, he is playing really well at CB...which is one of the weakest positions on our team...if I was Lippett...where would I want to play? WR behind Parker, Juice and STills?

Hell no..

Keep the momentum and stay CB
          What momentum?

The Dolphins are more than likely going to go after a cornerback in free agency and the draft, even if they keep Grimes. So, Lippett will be the #4 CB so why not make him the #4 receiver, too? I am talking about depth here, bro. I am not talking about him talking over Landry or Parker's spot here. I am talking in terms of NEEDS, just in case we lose Matthews to free agency. If the Dolphins lose him, they do have options on the current roster with Lippett, and there is also Hazel as well as others have pointed out. I would like to keep Matthews but if they can't afford him all is not lost. That's all I'm sayin' here.

Comment

While highlight reels make everyone look amazing, there were a couple of things there that really did impress me. He catches the ball very cleanly with his hands and he runs extremely smoothly. I'm surprised he wasn't a bigger star in college. I really questioned using him as a CB last year...but I think he's a football player and will be decent wherever he lines up. He showed flashes as a rookie and I think he has talent.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
              DolphinsFreak commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not comparing him to these players at all.....yet.........but in college he played a lot like Brandon Marshall or Dez Bryant in the way they both FIGHT for the ball, go up at its highest point in traffic and take that ball away from would-be defenders hands. I would like Lippett to at least get a shot at running with the offense.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X