Let's Trade Pouncey.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Trade Pouncey.......

He is going to make 9 Million this season.

His 'dead money' cap hit is only 4 million this year.

The Dolphins SAVE 5 Millions by trading him and GAIN a draft pick or two.

There are TWO teams in need of a Center right now, the Rams and the Bengals.

The Rams DESPERATELY NEED to make a HUGE splash because they are moving to Los Angeles, where all the celebrities will be pouring in to buy season tickets, and Jeff Fisher is already a hero. So, they will want to draft a Quarterback to be the face of the team, and the face of LOS ANGELES. One of their few holes is at CENTER. That is an important hole to have if you are in need of drafting a QB in the 1st round during an important move. The Rams happen to have TWO 2nd round picks! Is Pouncey worthy of a 1st round pick? Maybe? But, he is definitely worthy of a 2nd round pick, possibly more.

Trade Pouncey to the Rams for one of their 2nd round picks, #45 overall.

Round One - Vernon Hargreaves, CB
    Round Two - Shaq Lawson, DE
    Round Two - Kentrell Brothers, LB
    Round Three - Nick Martin or Max Tuerk, C

Your Thoughts?

Thats not a bad idea. He seems to be injury prone. If we could get one of the Rams 2nd round picks then I would do it. We could replace him with our 3rd round pick.

Comment

What about Graham Glasgow from Michigan in the 3rd or 4th round? He played really well at the Senior Bowl and Michigan has a history of producing good o-linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
        What about Graham Glasgow from Michigan in the 3rd or 4th round? He played really well at the Senior Bowl and Michigan has a history of producing good o-linemen.
        I am not set on either of the two centers I suggested. I am just putting my thoughts out there to see what people think of moving on from Pouncey. I think he is immature, he is supposed to be the leader of the o-line but does that really mean anything when you are the leader of one of the worst offensive lines in the league? I just think the Dolphins might want to consider bolstering their DEFENSE, while strengthening their offensive line in the process. Some may think that it is a dumb move to get rid of a Pro Bowl center to pick up a linebacker in the draft but I think that with the proper coaching, a center in the draft should be able to start, and get the quarterback clean in his first season. Look at how the Patriots shuffle their line around over the past decade and Brady has had all day long to find the open receiver. (Excluding his last few games of last season)

Comment

Here's what I would do! I'd trade Pouncey and swithch out the 1st round with the Rams for their 2 second Rounders ( one they got from the Eagles for the Bradford trade). They would have Pouncey and his bloated contract plus a chance at 8 for a QB while we will get the 15th, 42nd( ours), 43 and 45! Even if we use one 2nd rounder on a rookie Center, we'd still be getting a high quality Rookie center without the big money. FTL please do something with those draft picks!!!
          The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
            Here's what I would do! I'd trade Pouncey and swithch out the 1st round with the Rams for their 2 second Rounders ( one they got from the Eagles for the Bradford trade). They would have Pouncey and his bloated contract plus a chance at 8 for a QB while we will get the 15th, 42nd( ours), 43 and 45! Even if we use one 2nd rounder on a rookie Center, we'd still be getting a high quality Rookie center without the big money. FTL please do something with those draft picks!!!
            With your idea they could go............

Round One - Reggie Ragland, ILB
            Round Two - Shaq Lawson, DE
            Round Two - Eli Apple, CB
            Round Two - Darian Thompson, FS

Now that is a scary looking defense......

Just need to add a center.

Comment

• AquaXI
              AquaXI commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what you call covering all your bases. Except now we better use our 3rd rounder on a Center.

Don't we have enough problems with the o line? I wouldn't trade pounce.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X