Power Rushing Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rushing Attack

That might be the best way to build our offense. We have been a soft and finesse offense since Philbin became our HC. Campbell tried to change that but we just didn't have the personnel to do so. We could make some subtle personnel tweaks and go to a more power power rushing attack. Here are some things we could do.

Sign Kelechi Osemele in free agency. He will replace Dallas Thomas as our starting LG. Draft Derrick Henry in the 2nd round. Most mock drafts seem to have to him being taken in the early part of the 2nd round but as we all know players will rise and fall as we lead up to the draft. Since he is a RB, a devalued position, there is a good chance that he will fall some and he might be available to us at #42. Then draft a power RG someone like Denver Kirkland in the 4th round. He will replace Billy Turner which will allow him to move back to OT so he can be our primary backup OT. Then draft a FB perhaps someone like Glenn Gronkowsi in the 7th round.

This would mean we don't resign Lamar Miller which will free up more money to spend in free agency on our defense which we all know needs many upgrades. Lamar Miller is not a power back and would not be a good fit for the new scheme we will run.

I have always been a fan of the power running game. IMO, (Which along with $5 might get you a cup of coffee.) we need to build the defense and establish a running game. We need someone that can get 2-3 yards even when they are playing the run. This will open up the intermediate and long throwing game. With a Defense that can hold an opponent most of the time, a 4 yard and a cloud of dust Offense will take time off the clock, keep the D fresh and not allow the opposing O on the field. Win the little battles and we should win the game. Win enough games and we should win more championships.

But first these guys have to believe that they can win.

Comment

• AquaXI
      AquaXI commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, establishing the run and D will make our QB look like aStar. Belief in themselves will result in winning the close games.

I said before that Sparano was a much better HC than Philbin... Getting rid of Philbin and his forced pass priority offensive philosophies will go a long way towards having a much stronger rushing attack.

Gase last season called 468 rushes
    Gase in 2014: 443 rushes

Lazor last season: 344 rushes (Miller 194 attempts. Ajayi 49)
    Lazor in 2014: 399 rushes

Would love to beef up the OL and pound it with Ajayi and Miller/Rookie (depending on whether Miller is re-signed).

2 Gronks in the AFCE? lol...

Comment

• AquaXI
      AquaXI commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm typically a positive Pom pomer but the Philbin era really made me cynical. Hopefully Gase will change me for the better.

IMO, If Gase want to make a impression, He should build a power run attack.. you can focus on the D and the Oline and I don't have a problem with that, I just don't think t's going to be enough with a QB like RT and with the weapons we have at WR a power run game that is feared will open up our top notch WR crew.. Load the box, gives you open WR's, power Run game moves the chains and the redzone, Power run game takes the pressure off of the QB, Power run game will get us in the playoffs......Defense is a priority but IMO add a young power back like D. Henry and it changes everything.....

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
      That might be the best way to build our offense. We have been a soft and finesse offense since Philbin became our HC. Campbell tried to change that but we just didn't have the personnel to do so. We could make some subtle personnel tweaks and go to a more power power rushing attack. Here are some things we could do.

This would mean we don't resign Lamar Miller which will free up more money to spend in free agency on our defense which we all know needs many upgrades. Lamar Miller is not a power back and would not be a good fit for the new scheme we will run.
      first,yes that was dan campbells plan and I would guess that would be high on his list if he was the HC this year,and saying that I think that that is the right way to go. I think you are going to see an eventual swing that way in the nfl because the defenses are all built now to get to the qb's, just like denver did to c.newton.if carolina had a power run game that could pound it out would have changed that game .
      and the pressure for the QB to make those throws with quick linemen their face would have changed to those line men on the back of a big RB or FB carrying them for 4 yrd like csonka did!

second, lamar millar is the 2nd part of that run offense.
      you need a change of pace runner so that the defenses can't just concentrate on stopping csonka they also have to stop mercury morris too!
      with that run game tannehill has the talent to manage the offense and miami has the WR corp to do the job right now!
      they just need to build a bruising o-line and get away from this ZBS (that I hate) and get line men that move bodies on impact one on one!
      these are the o-linemen they should be looking for, not these guys that are fast that fit into a ZBS,but guys that move houses.
      this will be a harder way to go because the college game is pumping out the ZBS types.

but IMHO miami can get ahead of the curve by going this route and again IMHO it was the direction DC was heading, but time will tell what direction this set of coaches will go.
      my view is that they where brought here to make a QB into a QB to fit this nfl now as it is being played and will just to be another modern day offense that every modern day defense is set up to defend against instead of an offense that defenses are trying to figure out and chase!

what team will be the first to go this route,maybe the saints when DC takes over for payton!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X