Fins Coaches updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins Coaches updates

Few surprises... like Cap'n Lou being retained... surprised that Ken O-Keefe and Blue Adams were kept, but that we're changing their roles. Looks like Terrell Williams is staying, although Washburn will be running that unit. Rizzi survived as well.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/pr...7-182557977b5d

Additions to the offensive staff include Running Backs Coach Danny Barrett, Assistant Wide Receivers Coach Ben Johnson and Offensive Quality Control Chris Kuper.

On defense, the Dolphins coaching staff additions include Defensive Backs Coach Lou Anarumo, Defensive Line Coach Terrell Williams, Assistant Linebackers Coach Charlie Bullen and Defensive Quality Control Rusty McKinney.

The special teams staff consists of Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Darren Rizzi and Assistant Special Teams Marwan Maalouf.

The organization has promoted Dave Puloka to Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and named Jim Arthur and Ted Rath as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches.

Additionally, Ken O’Keefe will be the team’s Senior Football Research Analyst and Blue Adams will serve as Football Research Analyst.

They join previously announced hires of Head Coach Adam Gase’s coaching staff that include Offensive Coordinator Clyde Christensen, Defensive Coordinator Vance Joseph, Quarterbacks Coach Bo Hardegree, Wide Receivers Coach Shawn Jefferson, Tight Ends Coach Shane Day, Offensive Line Coach Chris Foerster, Linebackers Coach Matt Burke and Assistant Offensive Line Coach Jeremiah Washburn.

I still haven't seen or heard anything official about the elder Washburn being signed..just kept hearing he was expected to be signed..

Also, i'm not a big fan of keeping Coaches from a losing-ass team like we have,, don't really have a problem with Rizzi being retained b/c i think he's a pretty good coach..but IMO, this team pretty much sucked from top to bottom so you'd think they'd want to get as far away from the coaches as possible!
    Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Weird... they announced it a week ago, but nothing now on Washburn, just his kid.

Depends on the coach and some of these guys may still go yet in the event we were waiting for someone to get freed up...

Thought it funny that O'Keefe and Adams were re-assigned instead of being kept in their same positions.

Comment

Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
        Weird... they announced it a week ago, but nothing now on Washburn, just his kid.
        Unless i'm mistaken, they never actually announced that they had both signed, just that they were both expected to..since then i saw where the son had signed and in that blurb they were still saying his dad was also expected to join him in Miami, but i haven't heard anything else about it..I actually just wanted Senior & couldn't care less whether his son came or not, par for the course if his dad decided not to...

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
          I still haven't seen or heard anything official about the elder Washburn being signed..just kept hearing he was expected to be signed..

Also, i'm not a big fan of keeping Coaches from a losing-ass team like we have,, don't really have a problem with Rizzi being retained b/c i think he's a pretty good coach..but IMO, this team pretty much sucked from top to bottom so you'd think they'd want to get as far away from the coaches as possible!
          I agree. What have ANY of these coaches done to prove that they should be kept on staff? The Dolphins have not been a good football team in any area of the game so keeping any of their past coaches makes absolutely no sense to me at all. This is what I was afraid of months ago, that there will NOT be a total rebuild, it will just be another PARTIAL rebuild and the team will stay in the middle of the pack, or worse, for another five years. This team needed to be gutted like a fish from top to bottom and NOBODY should have been able to keep their job, including Tannenbaum. However, keeping Tannenbaum makes a bit of sense considering how stupid Ross is but to keep anyone else from their previous coaching staff makes no sense.

Comment

Could be they were waiting for Anarumo to make a decision as he was applying elsewhere for the DC position and since he ended up with us as a DB coach other coaches got maneuvered around.
            Last edited by AquaXI; 01-25-2016, 06:30 PM.
            The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

I agree. What have ANY of these coaches done to prove that they should be kept on staff? The Dolphins have not been a good football team in any area of the game so keeping any of their past coaches makes absolutely no sense to me at all. This is what I was afraid of months ago, that there will NOT be a total rebuild, it will just be another PARTIAL rebuild and the team will stay in the middle of the pack, or worse, for another five years. This team needed to be gutted like a fish from top to bottom and NOBODY should have been able to keep their job, including Tannenbaum. However, keeping Tannenbaum makes a bit of sense considering how stupid Ross is but to keep anyone else from their previous coaching staff makes no sense.
              I just read that we kept seven, SEVEN coaches from Philbin's staff!!! IMO, that's a HUGE mistake right out of the gates for the Greenhorn Gase!

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                DolphinsFreak commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree that it is a huge mistake. I did not like this hire from the get-go because I don't think you should hire a coach because of a player. Gase was supposedly brought in to develop Tannehill. If that is true that is probably the worst reason for hiring a head coach I've ever heard about. A QB going into his 5th season in the NFL needs a head coach to help him develop? Ross is a buffoon and I blame this whole mess on him. He inherited Ireland and Sparano but he kept Ireland around WAY too long and he is now making the same mistakes with other people he hires. SEVEN coaches will retain their jobs on a proven LOSER of a team for many, many years. Yeah, that sounds like a great plan, Gase.

So far, I'm not at all impressed with the hiring of a bunch of semi-Unknown and semi-unproven coaches that the Dolphin management has hired. Maybe they will be better than the crap they've had for the last 20 years, maybe they won't. My gut feeling is that we will be in the same boat as the last 20 years.....and it's really kind of disheartening.

At a time when the Dolphins have again watched the play-offs in the comfort of their own homes, the new coaches have a tremendous burden bringing this team up above the laughing stock of the NFL, and I truely don't believe they can do it. It will take someone of Billichek's or Rivera's caliber to pull something like this off with this team

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                DolphinsFreak commented
                Editing a comment
                The only hire I see that MIGHT turn out to be a good one is Vance Joseph. Other then that I am not impressed with any of them.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X